hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
@MrKleen73 mentioned having inflammation flare ups, when controlling cortisol.

Before bed I took 2 caps, just because. Woke up with aching knees. Since my knees are already bad, I'm not sure its from Blight.
On the other hand, despite my fairly strenuous workout yesterday, I feel fully recovered.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gym

Today we had a mini competition between training partners.

Exercise 1:
Floor DB triceps extensions, 2x7.5kg (16.5lbs): How many reps can you do in 3 minutes
x100

Exercise 2
How many standing DB curls, 2x7.5kg (16.5lbs) can you do in 3 minutes
each arm: x70

Regular workout:
Seated inclined DB hammer curls:
2x35lbs x15

DB overhead extensions:
2x35lbs x15
drop
2x30lbs x14

Smith drag curls reverse grip
Trying to beat @SkRaw85

70kg (155lbs) x5 (take that, sucker!) :)
60kg (132lbs) x14

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Only if you're old !

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gym

Today we had a mini competition between training partners.

Exercise 1:
Floor DB triceps extensions, 2x7.5kg (16.5lbs): How many reps can you do in 3 minutes
x100

Exercise 2
How many standing DB curls, 2x7.5kg (16.5lbs) can you do in 3 minutes
each arm: x70

Regular workout:
Seated inclined DB hammer curls:
2x35lbs x15

DB overhead extensions:
2x35lbs x15
drop
2x30lbs x14

Smith drag curls reverse grip
Trying to beat @SkRaw85

70kg (155lbs) x5 (take that, sucker!) :)
60kg (132lbs) x14
Nice! Bet your arm veins were screaming! I was going to give these another go after today’s session but I was taxed.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Update on Blight:

Since taking it at night, everything works fine. I believe I feel better recovered the next day (talking about muscle readiness). For me its a great sleep aid. Exactly 45 minutes after taking it, I'm ready for bed.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Update on Blight:

Since taking it at night, everything works fine. I believe I feel better recovered the next day (talking about muscle readiness). For me its a great sleep aid. Exactly 45 minutes after taking it, I'm ready for bed.
Waking recovered and sleep quality is a huge plus and right on the shoulders of proper nutrition. If only everyone made this a priority instead of worrying about what protein powders to buy. Curious to see if your physique changes and strength goes up due to the better sleep/recovery/cortisol reduction as you continue.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Bicep tear with light weights? Thay depends on your definition of "light".

It also depends on the momentum involved. ;)

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bicep tear with light weights? Thay depends on your definition of "light".

It also depends on the momentum involved. ;)
It was a competition. 7.5kg (16.5lbs) DB's curling for 3 minutes. The one with the most reps won. The last 30 sec I upped speed, curling must have looked like with a strobe light. Next day I noted the blue and green mark at my biceps.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Waking recovered and sleep quality is a huge plus and right on the shoulders of proper nutrition. If only everyone made this a priority instead of worrying about what protein powders to buy. Curious to see if your physique changes and strength goes up due to the better sleep/recovery/cortisol reduction as you continue.
Ditto! I'm not using any whey, creatine or other supplements, besides Blight, test-e and proviron.
Protein from food for the win!
The truth is, I would use whey -but economy took a dive.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think you are right. Matbe not a muscle fibre, could be a small vein that ruptured.
I bruise very easily and this honestly happens to me occasionally, a little capillary bursts near the surface or something.

When I went for that 250 overhead last week I put on my gangster-tight double-ply sleeves and after the attempt I pulled them off and had a bruise exactly like that on an area of my bicep. Too much pressure while holding and straining under the load, no biggie. It’s already almost healed.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yesterday was competition again, chest press machine and decline ab crunches.
As many reps as you can in 3 minutes.

Today is the same for legs and shoulders. If you never done stuff like that -you are officially a puzzy-man.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
....also, I started mastering the "wheel of death", the infamous ab-roller. Currently doing it on my knees about 30 reps. Looking forward to try the true exercise on toes. If strength abandons me, my dentist gets happy. ;)

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Short update on Blight:
I upped the dose to 400mg at night before bed.

I train 4 guys. We all do the same workouts. All 4 tried to skip today's workout because of lagging recovery. Not happening, LOL.
I feel fine -and are the oldest with 51.
Gonna beat them into submission: There will be tears!

I really think KSM-66 is working. (Or its just me and my sado/masochistic tendencies)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Short update on Blight:
I upped the dose to 400mg at night before bed.

I train 4 guys. We all do the same workouts. All 4 tried to skip today's workout because of lagging recovery. Not happening, LOL.
I feel fine -and are the oldest with 51.
Gonna beat them into submission: There will be tears!

I really think KSM-66 is working. (Or its just me and my sado/masochistic tendencies)
I'll take B for $500 Alex; sado/masochistic tendencies

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gym

The two competition exercises were:

Bradford press (olympic bar) 3 minutes, most reps wins
x154

Smith squat with only 65lbs x 3 minutes, most reps win
x66

Besides that: Leg extensions, DB lateral/front raises, cable side rises, DB cuban rotations

Got beat in Bradford press. Have to look for excuses why it happened. Probably Russian sonic weapon interfering with my muscles.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 12 on Blight

No changes, induces sleep for me consistently, IMHO a good thing. Waking up fresh and better recovered than without the supplement (feels like it, could be placebo).
Not noting any inflammation -or better, all chronic aches are still there and got not worse. I'm an old fugger.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any sleep inducing supp is good in my book. I’ll snag a bottle of this to try when I’m out of my current.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any sleep inducing supp is good in my book. I’ll snag a bottle of this to try when I’m out of my current.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But others claim they use it as a pre-workout. So my guess is, its highly individual.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The guys you train, they on trt?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The guys you train, they on trt?
All natty. One lost 60 lbs in about 8 month and his strength went up beyond believe. I'm proud of him. Gave him some low dose adex (0.25 e3d) for 2 month, that's all. The newest guy is also a challenge. Never trained in his life, heart attack with about 35 , 40+ BF%. Does now intermittent fasting/low carb, when buying groceries controlled via whatsapp.
Another one I train for about a year, did a t-bol/clomid cycle and looks already like a bodybuilder, that is the one who sometimes beats me in friendly competitions, that sucker! :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I do it for free and derive pleasure from it. Its weird. Apparently it strokes my ego when others succeed and my tutoring worked. Now I'm contemplating to do it for money. The economy is down and why not charging for it?
You can only do so much free due to limited resources. I am basically programming me and my wife, as well as 4 others now typically when we train. Sometimes it does cost me some of my own training, because time is finite. But as long as people are willing to essentially just do what we’re doing, it’s not a huge effort to make little adaptations for them and create some great interactions that keep it fun.

And the energy and accountability it creates really does push me to get the important stuff done sometimes. When all these people are around, you can’t slack without scrutiny - you truly have to lead from the front.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can only do so much free due to limited resources. I am basically programming me and my wife, as well as 4 others now typically when we train. Sometimes it does cost me some of my own training, because time is finite. But as long as people are willing to essentially just do what we’re doing, it’s not a huge effort to make little adaptations for them and create some great interactions that keep it fun.

And the energy and accountability it creates really does push me to get the important stuff done sometimes. When all these people are around, you can’t slack without scrutiny - you truly have to lead from the front.
Exactly. The reason I "created" those competitions, to involve all trainees who are at different levels strength wise.
I have enough free time during the day -but first I have to get paying clients. The 4 guys are my friends and are a bunch of hard working, disciplined people. Others may be the kind that lies in your face when asked what they ate the day before. No idea if I can deal with those.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Exactly. The reason I "created" those competitions, to involve all trainees who are at different levels strength wise.
I have enough free time during the day -but first I have to get paying clients. The 4 guys are my friends and are a bunch of hard working, disciplined people. Others may be the kind that lies in your face when asked what they ate the day before. No idea if I can deal with those.
That sounds like a good plan. If they wanna train with you, they better earn their spot in the pride. You don’t have to be strong or advanced, you have to be a positive in the context of the group.

If a person wants you helping them one on one, they can pay and flake as they please.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 15 on Blight

Nothing has changed, it still makes me sleepy taken at night. Muscle recovery seems enhanced the next day.
Normally I can tell that I worked out a certain body part and have to rest at least 48 hours, sometimes 72. At 51, I'm no race horse anymore.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
72 is my magic number and I’m a fraction of your antiquity. So I’d say you are winning.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 15 on Blight

Nothing has changed, it still makes me sleepy taken at night. Muscle recovery seems enhanced the next day.
Normally I can tell that I worked out a certain body part and have to rest at least 48 hours, sometimes 72. At 51, I'm no race horse anymore.
Just a Stud !!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hairygrandpa is a beast.

Some claim that Ashwagandha makes them sleepy at first, but over time it starts giving them energy with continued use. I have never seen that, but hey, I have never seen a lion either.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hairygrandpa is a beast.

Some claim that Ashwagandha makes them sleepy at first, but over time it starts giving them energy with continued use. I have never seen that, but hey, I have never seen a lion either.
I find it makes horny af after about 2 weeks. Didn't notice any change to energy levels.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you’re saying...

BONER PILLS
Hm, not feeling any different down there. It still works -but not overly enthusiastic.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am always looking for better sleep, I may have to try this !!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
-Monday was chest, incline chest press machine and seated chest press, both maxed out stacks, 7 sets each 6-10 reps.
-Tuesday off.
-Today, max effort back & abs:

Weighted pull ups
+25kg (55 lbs), *singles, 1 sec between reps:

x15
+30kg (66lbs), *singles, 1 sec rest between reps:
x10
BW wide grip typewriter pull ups
x5
BW chin ups, quick and explosive
x

*singles to maintain form and avoid swing

Seated row wide underhand grip
235lbs x15
holding 1 sec
195lbs x11

Seated underhand close grip lat pull down, holding 1 sec
180lbs x11/9

Single arm lat pull down
moderate weight
x10/9/10

AB roller wheel of death
Standing, legs opened wide:
x3 (yes, only fugging three reps, if anyone can do better, who weights 200+ lbs, I wanna see)
on knees:
x25

Ring AB rollout
very near ground, total Nazi-torture:
x6

Decline crunches, max difficulty +6lbs medicine ball at head height:
x20
BW:
x29

Last edited:
Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haha I bought one of those ab rollers on a whim a bit over a week ago. First time using it was VERY humbling. Looks like a solid ass workout!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha I bought one of those ab rollers on a whim a bit over a week ago. First time using it was VERY humbling. Looks like a solid ass workout!
Its from hell, literally. I was very confident at first and started from a standing position, almost lost some teeth, LMAO!
I use the one with a very tiny wheel, I guess its worse.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Its from hell, literally. I was very confident at first and started from a standing position, almost lost some teeth, LMAO!
I use the one with a very tiny wheel, I guess its worse.
If it makes you feel any better I weigh 150 and have the normal size wheel. 3 is exactly what I was able to push out like that but man was the third one ugly

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If it makes you feel any better I weigh 150 and have the normal size wheel. 3 is exactly what I was able to push out like that but man was the third one ugly
YES!!!! I feel better, thank you! LOL. Mine has a wheel the size of a shopping cart wheel, already thought something is off. :)

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Have you seen where the ab wheel is replaced by a barbell with a plate on each side?