Help with Testo Results - 46yo ZERO LIBIDO

EuroKiss

Awards
Hi all,

I am 46yo, 180cm (5.9 ft) and 92Kg (203 lbs) and regularly exercise (3-4 per week, only regular BB lifting but I walk a lot).

Felt totally zero libido during last 6 months (and I mean, zero at all!) even with usual strong morning wood (that regularly wake me up every morning at 4-5am when I could easily sleep till 6am or even a bit more...).

I decided to run a blood work for testo (the first in my life), and ask for some advice here in the forum before even going to an endo:

LH: 6.7 (MEN: 3-12)
FSH: 12.9 (MEN: 2-10)
PROLACTIN: 26.985 HIGH (MEN:1.8-17)
ESTRADIOL: 14.84 (MEN:10-36)
TESTO TOTAL: 8.84 (MEN:2.6-9.79)
TESTO FREE: 65.4 HIGH (MEN:4.5-42)
INDEX LH/FSH 0.48

For what I see testo should be fine (what do you think???), maybe the problem is prolactin...

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hi all,

I am 46yo, 180cm (5.9 ft) and 92Kg (203 lbs) and regularly exercise (3-4 per week, only regular BB lifting but I walk a lot).

Felt totally zero libido during last 6 months (and I mean, zero at all!) even with usual strong morning wood (that regularly wake me up every morning at 4-5am when I could easily sleep till 6am or even a bit more...).

I decided to run a blood work for testo (the first in my life), and ask for some advice here in the forum before even going to an endo:

LH: 6.7 (MEN: 3-12)
FSH: 12.9 (MEN: 2-10)
PROLACTIN: 26.985 HIGH (MEN:1.8-17)
ESTRADIOL: 14.84 (MEN:10-36)
TESTO TOTAL: 8.84 (MEN:2.6-9.79)
TESTO FREE: 65.4 HIGH (MEN:4.5-42)
INDEX LH/FSH 0.48

For what I see testo should be fine (what do you think???), maybe the problem is prolactin...

Thanks for your help and suggestions!
Yep. Prolactin.

But Im just curious why your free Test is that high.

EuroKiss

Awards
Do you see it very high? TBH no idea, anyway my only supps are Vit C and lately D3 3,000UI...just added in some Tribulus (after blood work done of course) 'coz I guessed that my low libido was due to low testo...

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah, unless it's an error, you're showing your Free Test pretty high out of range (which is good).

But yeah, you need to get that Prolactin down brother.

EuroKiss

Awards
Hi brother, thanks, well it could be a reason why I have so strong morning woods and even haven't any desire at all. Any idea how to lower prolactin? Thanks!

Walrusieo

Walrusieo

Awards
Pramipexole or Cabergoline research them . The most common one used is parmipexole it’s cheaper and easier to obtain .

EuroKiss

Awards
Thanks Walrusieo, red a lot of good things about Cabergoline, but does it (and pramixepole) need rx in US? Anything OTC?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks Walrusieo, red a lot of good things about Cabergoline, but does it (and pramixepole) need rx in US? Anything OTC?
I think I'd still try the (over the counter) Inhibit-P.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
See an Endo. High prolactin, high FSH, and low SHBG (high free T) are symptoms of thyroid dysfunction.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Definitely the prolactin is the problem in my opinion. I run 19nors Alot and it's the first thing I check when something feels off. Some prami or caber should get you staight

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
High TSH levels tends to elevate Prolactin, low T3 makes the testes unresponsive to FSH causing elevated levels, and low thyroid hormones due weird stuff to SHBG. It can go high or low.

https://www.thyromate.com/blog/hypothyroidism-and-low-testosterone

-Hyperprolactinemia, where high prolactin levels lead to a slowed conversion of progesterone
-Low sex hormone-binding globulin levels

EuroKiss

Awards
High TSH levels tends to elevate Prolactin, low T3 makes the testes unresponsive to FSH causing elevated levels, and low thyroid hormones due weird stuff to SHBG. It can go high

-Hyperprolactinemia, where high prolactin levels lead to a slowed conversion of progesterone
-Low sex hormone-binding globulin levels
So high prolactin could be related to thyroid problems???

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes.

EuroKiss

Awards
Btw, lack of libido apart, I also feel a total loss of energy and a pronuncied lethargy (for that reason I did de blood work, I thought about low test but apparently it was a bad guess...).

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Btw, lack of libido apart, I also feel a total loss of energy and a pronounced lethargy (for that reason I did the blood work, I thought about low test but apparently it was a bad guess...).
These are symptoms of thyroid issues too.