Help with strange symptoms!

S

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's the accuracy of genetic testing as of recently? I know a year or 2 ago they were giving false positives 30-50% of the time. If you tested a person multiple times the results were different.
Depends on the company and what you are testing for. 23 &me, Ancestry.com I’ve seen values from 4%-40% sensitivity.

Genesight (pharmacogenetics and Biomarkers for drug metabolism) very high sensitivity, above 90%. I’ve heard above 90% for testing sensitivity. We used Gene Dx for my epilepsy testing. It had sensitivity above 90%.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Does that rash look like this? Does it turn bright red when you're hot? This is tinea versicolor and it's from a fungal overgrowth.

Four years of hydrocortisone cream? Did you use more than prescribed? I'm guessing you've thrown your HPAA off and with overuse caused your adrenals to go haywire.

This is a severe autoimmune disease that causes extremely high cortisol levels. Some of the symptoms overlap and the overuse of cortico-steroids can cause lesser, but similar symptoms.

I missed this. I would be surprised if a topical cream did this though, the creams don't go systemic...but you .ay be onto something.

A quick search shows it is possible as there are some case reports with some of the stronger corticosteroid creams, but it is pretty rare. Still..another good reason to get a more derailed list of drugs that have been used. Prednisone could definitely trigger this as well.

C

croboy17

Awards
Does that rash look like this? Does it turn bright red when you're hot? This is tinea versicolor and it's from a fungal overgrowth.

Four years of hydrocortisone cream? Did you use more than prescribed? I'm guessing you've thrown your HPAA off and with overuse caused your adrenals to go haywire.

This is a severe autoimmune disease that causes extremely high cortisol levels. Some of the symptoms overlap and the overuse of cortico-steroids can cause lesser, but similar symptoms.

hey bro.. No the rash on my thighs/buttocks/biceps looked like ringworm. Its funny because the rash never went away even with the cream. When I crashed I got Tinea versicolor all over my face. The ringworm/fungal rash that I had the last 10 years has completely healed ever since I got this "syndrome" of numb genitals

C

croboy17

Awards
I found this: https://www.cdc.gov/fungal/diseases/ringworm/steroids.html

Do not use steroid creams to treat rashes that may be ringworm.
People who have ringworm don’t always know what’s causing their rash. For this reason, people sometimes apply over-the-counter creams or ointments containing medications called corticosteroids (or “steroids” for short) to their rash. Steroid creams can be helpful for some skin problems and can even temporarily reduce ringworm symptoms like itching and redness, but they don’t kill the fungus that causes ringworm. Steroid creams also can make ringworm worse because they weaken the skin’s defenses. In rare cases, steroid creams allow the fungus that causes ringworm to invade deeper into the skin and cause a more serious condition.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do you have itchy skin? Itchy feet? Headaches? Do you bruise or bleed easily?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am looking back at the bloodwork you posted. In your original post you said your liver enzymes always come back high, but in the bloodwork you gave after that, your liver enzymes look golden. Do you have bloodwork that has high liver enzy.es you could share?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So, not trying to be rude here - but things you have not answered:

A full list of medications and supplements you currently take.

A full list of medications and supplements used since this started.

How often do you consume alcohol?

What is your doctor doing about the parasitic infections in your stools?

C

croboy17

Awards
there was a time a few months ago (3.5 years into these symptoms) I had itching all over my body, (face, stomach, legs, nose, ears etc) It has since went away.

I am currently not on any medication. I am taking supplements such as zinc, selenium, monolaurin, and l-glutamine. Alchohol maybe 3-4 times a year.

Only medication= Hydrocortisone cream (for the fungal rash)
Vermox (for blastocystis hominis)

I did the stool test privtely (without doctors approval) same with IgE and calprotectin.
Stool showed Blastocystis hominis, IgE 790.9 (0-100) and Calprotectin 126 (0-100) Doctor first said that the parasite needs treating because the IgE is elevated and reacting to it. I was given vermox and IgE went down to 570 (0-100) or something like this. After that he didnt want to retest for parasites and said that 10-15% of population has blastocystis hominis. Eventually he agreed to retest it and it came back negative. He did say he is not aware if the lab I went to even tests for blastocystis hominis.

C

croboy17

Awards
No head aches, no bruising/bleeding easily. I believe I must have some kind of viral infection. My testicles shrunk and lost libido overnight. Numb orgasm, numb genitals, low semen volume and force. Basically everything the same as Post finasteride/accutane syndrome. I also have bad smelling armpit odor. Stress incontinence. The veins in my forearms are completly gone meanwhile before I used to be so vascular. Currently 160lbs at 5'10 (177cm)

C

croboy17

Awards
With regards to the liver enzymes its the same story everytime. Sometimes they are normal, the week after that they go elevated, then normal. Its as if the liver is taking "hits" at certain times. I am not drinking alcohol... I am fit 25 year old (22 year old at the time I crashed overnight)

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, it is really hard diagnosing things based on symptoms because I could think of 3 or 4 diseases that have all the symptoms someone gives me, plus a couple combinations of diseases that give those symptoms, and then there will be a dozen more diseases I don't even know about.

One thing I was trying to rule out is the liver issues, and whether they are a cause or effect. Hepatitis can cause skin rashes.

The Vermox may have elevated your liver enzymes too...so maybe that is all it was. Seeing bloodwork where the enzymes were elevated will have clues, potentially, as to what was causing it.

Ringworm is a fungal infection, so drugs to treat fungal infections should be used, not steroids.

Cause and effect can be tricky to figure out..and nit being a doctor, all I can do is maybe come up with new ideas to investigate and the more dead ends we go down, the more frustrating it will become.

C

croboy17

Awards
liver enzymes were elevated long before the treatment with vermox.

lymphocytes high? neutrophils low?

C

croboy17

Awards
I had a doctor from instagram listen to my symptoms and look at my bloods. He said that it looks like it is all driven from a viral infection. I told him should I go see a hematologist? He said , im not sure they will help. They will probably say you have exposure to a past infection , have a nice day.....

I found another user on here say the exact same thing. Finasteride causes dormant infections to reactivate, and doctors are saying they are past infections...

S

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had a doctor from instagram listen to my symptoms and look at my bloods. He said that it looks like it is all driven from a viral infection. I told him should I go see a hematologist? He said , im not sure they will help. They will probably say you have exposure to a past infection , have a nice day.....

I found another user on here say the exact same thing. Finasteride causes dormant infections to reactivate, and doctors are saying they are past infections...
But you have never taken finasteride right?

S

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, it is really hard diagnosing things based on symptoms because I could think of 3 or 4 diseases that have all the symptoms someone gives me, plus a couple combinations of diseases that give those symptoms, and then there will be a dozen more diseases I don't even know about.

One thing I was trying to rule out is the liver issues, and whether they are a cause or effect. Hepatitis can cause skin rashes.

The Vermox may have elevated your liver enzymes too...so maybe that is all it was. Seeing bloodwork where the enzymes were elevated will have clues, potentially, as to what was causing it.

Ringworm is a fungal infection, so drugs to treat fungal infections should be used, not steroids.

Cause and effect can be tricky to figure out..and nit being a doctor, all I can do is maybe come up with new ideas to investigate and the more dead ends we go down, the more frustrating it will become.
I agree with you on just about everything you said.

I am not a doctor, just finishing up my masters in Biomedical Science.

I gave the OP some options to look at past viral infection-test cerebrospinal fluid, Autoimmune disorder- gene testing, pituitary or hypothalamus tumor (mri or CRT of head).

Clearly it’s systemic and with variable bloodwork every time you test it makes it hard to diagnose.

I have hope for you yet! In that you have not exhausted all the tests that can be done.

S

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One other recommendation is to list all your symptoms and the order they appeared, gather a list of medications, OTC drugs, any illegal drugs, and supplements taken (current and past), gather and date all your blood work and previous test results, and write down your list of questions and possible tests you want done.

Keep this in a folder or scan the documents and keep them in a folder on your computer. Print out a copy for every doctor you see. They are less likely to disregard your condition(s) this way!

C

croboy17

Awards
never took finasteride/ssri/accutane...

i went on crash diet/ overtraining/ undereating, stress from working first job. I belive this was stress triggered.

S

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
never took finasteride/ssri/accutane...

i went on crash diet/ overtraining/ undereating, stress from working first job. I belive this was stress triggered.
Those symptoms alone can trigger auto-immune disorders that you weren’t pre-disposed to.