Help with some blood work results

ironfiend23

Awards
Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone could help decipher some blood work.

Had total test tested. Came back at 1176. Thyroid, liver, kidneys normal.

Then just git back labs for

Albumin 4.8 on 3.8-5 range
Total Test- 1116.0 H
SHBG-83 on 12-91 scale
Free Test 135.1 on a scale of 35-130
Bioavilable Test- 351.8 on a scale of 79-335

The initial bloodwork were due to some mild low test symptoms actually. Libido slightly down...strength down a bit...a few other mild symptoms.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone could help decipher some blood work.

Had total test tested. Came back at 1176. Thyroid, liver, kidneys normal.

Then just git back labs for

Albumin 4.8 on 3.8-5 range
Total Test- 1116.0 H
SHBG-83 on 12-91 scale
Free Test 135.1 on a scale of 35-130
Bioavilable Test- 351.8 on a scale of 79-335

The initial bloodwork were due to some mild low test symptoms actually. Libido slightly down...strength down a bit...a few other mild symptoms.

Any thoughts are appreciated!
What other mild symptoms? What were you trying to figure out by getting this bloodwork? What is your weekly testosterone dosage? How old are you?

Without knowing estrogen, it’s tough to get the full picture. Because you have plenty of testosterone for a good libido, but if estrogen is too high or low in relationship that usually hinders libido. If you are losing strength, it would be more likely that your estrogen may be a bit low vs high.

Regardless of estrogen, if you lower SHBG somewhat it’s probably going to raise libido, if that’s a concern.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What other mild symptoms? What were you trying to figure out by getting this bloodwork? What is your weekly testosterone dosage? How old are you?

Without knowing estrogen, it’s tough to get the full picture. Because you have plenty of testosterone for a good libido, but if estrogen is too high or low in relationship that usually hinders libido. If you are losing strength, it would be more likely that your estrogen may be a bit low vs high.

Regardless of estrogen, if you lower SHBG somewhat it’s probably going to raise libido, if that’s a concern.
Im under the impression he thought he had low t and got it checked and these are his natural #'s.

ironfiend23

Awards
Hey Hyde, Thanks so much for the reply.

That's just it. I haven't used Test ever. Outside of taking some Avant Labs Ph's 20 yrs ago as the only hormonal. I used Apex Hyperion last year for about 6 weeks

Yes, libido has gone down a decent amount. Strength is ok but regressing slightly. No morning erections and not as strong in that dept.lately

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hey Hyde, Thanks so much for the reply.

That's just it. I haven't used Test ever. Outside of taking some Avant Labs Ph's 20 yrs ago as the only hormonal. I used Apex Hyperion last year for about 6 weeks

Yes, libido has gone down a decent amount. Strength is ok but regressing slightly. No morning erections and not as strong in that dept.lately
Your total test and free test are through the roof. Top of the natty charts. Your issues are not testosterone related. Wheres your estrogen #'s ?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also, theres lots of things non hormonal that effect libido and energy

ironfiend23

Awards
Your total test and free test are through the roof. Top of the natty charts. Your issues are not testosterone related. Wheres your estrogen #'s ?
Yes, it is weird. That was the initial push for the labs (plus it had been some time). All other health markers are great (liver, kidneys, lipids, BP, TSH).

I originally asked for SHBG and Free for 1st draw. Doc only would order CBC, Vit D, Lipids and Total Test. When the total numbers came back they referred me back to an endo who ordered Free T, SHBG but would not order Estradiol or others.

Frustrating. Their original thought was if I'm not on it may be a tumor on pituitary, testes or adrenals which is scary but I'm not really worried at this point.

It does seem I will have little use for the AXT, MTest, and AE I ordered though lol.

I appreciate the help. I know a little more than the lay person about hormones but not incredibly well versed in connecting labs always.

As far as lifestyle factors...I own a gym and coaching business which is stressful but I shoot for 7-8 hrs sleep. Some self dev stuff (meditation, journaling). 12-14k steps per day. Nutrition is pretty on point. 2 young kids that tend to drain the battery though lol.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes, it is weird. That was the initial push for the labs (plus it had been some time). All other health markers are great (liver, kidneys, lipids, BP, TSH).

I originally asked for SHBG and Free for 1st draw. Doc only would order CBC, Vit D, Lipids and Total Test. When the total numbers came back they referred me back to an endo who ordered Free T, SHBG but would not order Estradiol or others.

Frustrating. Their original thought was if I'm not on it may be a tumor on pituitary, testes or adrenals which is scary but I'm not really worried at this point.

It does seem I will have little use for the AXT, MTest, and AE I ordered though lol.

I appreciate the help. I know a little more than the lay person about hormones but not incredibly well versed in connecting labs always.

As far as lifestyle factors...I own a gym and coaching business which is stressful but I shoot for 7-8 hrs sleep. Some self dev stuff (meditation, journaling). 12-14k steps per day. Nutrition is pretty on point. 2 young kids that tend to drain the battery though lol.
You did not tell us your age still.

As mentioned, I wouldn’t have believed these were endogenous test numbers unless you were 20 years old or on a SERM possibly.

You can get your estradiol checked via online lab orders from placing like Ulta Lab Tests, PrivateMDLabs, Marek Health if you want more info. Ulta is cheapest if you just want an ala carte panel for one thing like Estradiol typically but the others have some competitive or better package prices if you want a huge battery of tests. Pay, go to the lab with the Dr’s orders, get the results emailed - simple.

Anyway, with a business, family, and not on gear - training just slumps sometimes. You cannot be at full strength year round, and sometimes even when training hard you are not going to do enough to sustain your strongest.

SNS Pine Pollen, or I believe you have their Mtest, are both libido supporting natty supps you could try.

ironfiend23

Awards
Thank you again for the response and the tips on labs. I will definitely investigate on my own if they aren't agressively looking in that direction. I am 41 going on 42 this summer. 5'8 167.

ironfiend23

Awards
So, the doc said she is no too concerned because the direct free test results were high normal.

Going to order estradiol labs. Anything else I should be looking for? Thanks!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So, the doc said she is no too concerned because the direct free test results were high normal.

Going to order estradiol labs. Anything else I should be looking for? Thanks!
Estradiol is probably the only thing I can expect to be a final variable for libido, from a hormonal perspective. You know total test is high, SHBG is alright, this would tell you if estrogen is low, or high.

If it’s high, prolactin could be maybe also be higher, and it would be cheaper to just take some SNS Inhibit P vs testing prolactin and then seeing if libido improves a lot or not.

But if estradiol is low, I would not waste time on either of those - I would be adding something to bump estrogen, and lots of ways to go about that very cheap(DHEA, Tribulus Terrestris, etc).

ironfiend23

Awards
@Hyde any idea what the high test levels could mean with the other levels they found in follow up?

Estrogen 125pg/ml on a scale of <or =404pg/nl so I guess normal...maybe lowish normal. LH 2.1 out of 8.6 FSH 3.6 out of 12.4. Prolactin was 10 ...right in the middle of range.

Not super well versed in the connections so appreciate your insight.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde any idea what the high test levels could mean with the other levels they found in follow up?

Estrogen 125pg/ml on a scale of
Not super well versed in the connections so appreciate your insight.
Your total and free t is high, SHBG and prolactin are alright, and estrogen js at the bottom of normal. Not crashed, but relative to your very impressive total & free tee it is low.

I would try something like SNS Tribulus & Pine Pollen for your libido. I have heard people report distracting libido on that stack, and the trib will raise your estrogen levels overall.

Or you could try some oral DHEA to strictly go at the estrogen angle directly. It’s very cheap - 25, 50, and 100mg capsules are basically sold at the same price/pill even, so even if you find you like it but do well with a lot, it’s affordable. It will raise test and some other things as well, but orally a lion’s share becomes estrogen.

ironfiend23

Awards
Thank you very much for the insight . Much appreciated!