HELP: Supplements that improve sleep w/o crazy dreams?

mondata

mondata

Awards
  • First Up Vote
What have you guys tried that has improved your sleep quality without causing weird azz dreams? I have trouble falling asleep as well as staying asleep.

Here is what I have tried:

Melatonin - greatly improves sleep quality but I have crazy nightmares and lucid dreams
GABA - helps me relax but doesn't have a profound impact on sleep quality

Thanks - Tyler

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
Chamomile, diphenhydramine (aka Benadryl), marijuana (although I don't use it lol), ZMA (never tried it)

mondata

mondata

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I need to give ZMA a whirl again. I do not use marijuana either. Would prefer not to use Benadryl every night. I took one last night and it helps but I tend to have a harder time waking up.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
If you want to give ZMA a whirl you should consider the PEScience option. TruZMA.

It is ZMa with added shilajit to make it a truly hormonal product, above what just a standard ZMa is offering.
It makes it the only ZMA product that has ingredients in it showing it increases testosterone in healthy humans.

Our write up for all the product details are right over here:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pes/274691-what-shilajit-truzma.html

I think that would be a safe route to try next for you here, hope you're sleeping soundly soon sir

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
L-Tryptophan

mondata

mondata

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I DO NOT want crazy vivid dreams. When I have those someone is trying to murder me.

D

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Growth Factor XT
SNS ZMA + Relora
Diablo PM

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Longer REM = More dreams = more Hgh

You want to dream. It's coping with them that you need. Trust me. Mine are ludicrous.

Try Trptophan maybe then.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have a feeling anything to help you get deeper sleep will increase the amount of vivid dreams you have.

Have you tried watching something positive before going to bed to try and influence the type of dreams you have?

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I DO NOT want crazy vivid dreams. When I have those someone is trying to murder me.
Sounds to me like you may have some stress or perceived threat in your life, either overt or subconsciously.

As mentioned, any sleep aid that helps you achieve deeper/longer REM cycles will inevitably lead to more vivid dreams.

If I were you I'd try a stress reducing adaptogen like Ashwagandha and maybe even a little therapy. I'm not poking fun or joking. Talking about your dreams with someone may help reveal the root cause. If you want deep sleep, but your dreams are currently too much to handle, thats what I'd do. In the meantime Ashwagandha may help reduce your stress, both while awake and asleep.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Surprised no one has suggest KSM-66. Its a high quality Ashwagandha that can help a lot with stress reduction and sleep quality. KSM-66 isn't the type of product that will make you insanely drowsy, but it can definitely help you relax, de-stress, and get a solid night sleep. Ashwagandha can be purchased as a single ingredient, but I would also suggest checking out Alphamax XT. It contains the studied dose of Ashwagandha, along with a TON of other great ingredients that can help increase natural testosterone, limit cortisol and estrogen levels, and provide improved sleep and recovery. All of these factors play a role in sleep quality. Alphamax XT is far more than just a sleep aid, but it would help improve sleep quality without giving you crazy intense vivid dreams

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Things like zma by sns or Passion flower, hope, kava kava are all good. Catnip is I am correct is another.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I use ZMA. Every night. It works. If you take too much, it doesn't work. If you take the right dose it helps you stay asleep through the night and improves quality.

I love gabs, but same thing - play with dosing. I've tried all kinds of doses from 500 mg to 20 grams and the best sleep for me is around 2 grams.

Ashwagandha and Bacopa are both great additions to those two. Mucuna is also good but may induce your unwanted dreams.

D

darkzen15

Awards
I have several stacks that help improve sleep quality and increase HGH release. I alternate them so as to not build up a tolerance

Stack 1
------------
Magnesium Glycinate
Zinc Picolinate
Vitamin B6
(essentially making up ZMA but for a fraction of the cost)
Ashwagandha KSM66

Stack 2
-----------
Mucuna Pruriens (standardised to at least 15% L-dopa, do not take pure L-dopa)
Melatonin 0.75mg to 1mg max

Stack 3
-----------
Phenibut (1g max, do not take for more than 1 day in a row)
Melatonin (0.5mg)

I alternate between the 3 of these most days and I throw in Huperzine A if I want to progress into vivid lucid dreams.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you want to give ZMA a whirl you should consider the PEScience option. TruZMA.

It is ZMa with added shilajit to make it a truly hormonal product, above what just a standard ZMa is offering.
It makes it the only ZMA product that has ingredients in it showing it increases testosterone in healthy humans.

Our write up for all the product details are right over here:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pes/274691-what-shilajit-truzma.html

I think that would be a safe route to try next for you here, hope you're sleeping soundly soon sir
I will also vouch for KSM-66. I've been taking Magnesium recently, and that gives crazy dreams for sure, but KSM-66 (from Erase Pro) would always give me full and relaxing sleeps. Take it a while before bed though, as for me it would give me a little boost of energy for a bit, so if I took it right as I was falling asleep I would wake up a few hours later.
These are the best two options here. ZMA+ shilajit will improve your sleep without crazy nightmares, as will KSM 66. Erase pro + contains a full dose of KSM 66 (675 mg, the dose used in research studies). Also be sure to avoid any sleep products with l-dopa (lots of people have vivid dreams from l-dopa).

D

darkzen15

Awards
Yes, I will agree on that. And to add, I cannot emphasis enough the power of a good nights sleep. You can do all the reps and sets in the world with perfect form and huge weights but if you do not sleep well, you will not get stronger and eventually something will give.

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Out Cold does me well, doesn't make me drowsy the next day which is a big plus and doesn't give dreams also; at least not to me. It does well winding me down but does an even better job keeping me asleep. Kinda makes my 4-5 hour sleep nights feel more like 6-7.

D

darkzen15

Awards
Well **** me silly, I just saw the ingredients in Out Cold, 500mg of L-dopa would knock you out cold for sure, I get knocked out with 100mg even.