Help: My Urologist is Stumped

Able825

Awards
Summary:
Lab work showed my test levels were 250 at 39yrs of age.....

doc prescribed clomid......after starting low and increasing dose over a year my test levels got up to 550 and i felt good but my libido was non-existent.

doc switched me over to testosterone (40mg/wk) + 20mg/day danazol........ran this for 2 months and test levels went down to 160 and felt like crap (blood was drawn at day 7).
so we ran another blood test with it being drawn 3 days after a 40mg inject and my test levels were 390.

doc increased my testerone to 80mg/wk + 20mg/day of danazol...........ran this for 3 months then tested 7 days after inject and test levels still stuck at 190 and still feel like crap.

my doctor is now unsure what to try as he said he has never had a patient respond so poorly to testosterone.

so for now he is wanting me to try 100mg/wk split into two 50mg injections each week and wants me to consider getting test pellet implants so my levels are more even.

curious to know if i am an anomaly as my doctor seems very surprised with my labs?
any ideas on what i might try or suggest to my doctor?
should i get a second opinion?
would i be best off stopping trt all together and going back on clomid?

so far what i am doing is making matters worse. thanks in advance for sharing your experience or advice given.

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
Why is he using the DANASOL?
Does he know enough to test your E2, SHBG, FT???????
If so, what are your numbers and ranges?

Able825

Awards
he said danazol at a low dose is supposed to help reduce shbg, increase free test, keep estrogen in control.
but my total T levels are so low i'm not sure it matters.

Total T 190

Free T 3.5
E2 30
SHBG 24

(those numbers are off the top of my head from what i remember when glanced at the lab results from my appointment today)

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry, I also needed your LH levels, on TRT and Clomid.

Here are some of the standard questions... AAS, PH, DHT suppressors, opiates, vasectomy, head or ball injury?

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
hrt still seems low. and dzanadol ro w/e can go.
preg/dhea supplementation + hrt (test) .

alot do well with 60-100mg ew.

the clomid could be causing you sides itself.

Able825

Awards
i'm going to ask my doctor to email me some of my lab history so i have all the #s.

No to all this: DHT suppressors, opiates, vasectomy, head or ball injury?

I did three 4wk pho-hormone cycles back in 2002/3 and never really felt i recovered despite using clomid in pct.

initial lab work showed my LH was low which is why we tried clomid first.
clomid got my test level in the 400 range with one reading at 550, but had been in decline over the last yr of use and my libido was off the entire time even though i could still get an erection and operate fine.

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
There are better qualified ppl on here than me, but, I am not a big fan of DANAZOL.
Yes, I have used it, but without TRT, and it destroyed my TT.
IMHO, I would not use DANAZOL unless my lab tests showed high SHBG and good TT levels, first.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
There are better qualified ppl on here than me, but, I am not a big fan of DANAZOL.
Yes, I have used it, but without TRT, and it destroyed my TT.
IMHO, I would not use DANAZOL unless my lab tests showed high SHBG and good TT levels, first.
If.shbg is.high then find out why. It usually has to do.with inflammation of gi or.liver. It can also.be.other things. I have clients with shbg of > 150. They.always have some form of gi imbalances. Usually some.of.worst cases of candida i have seen..

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
On a similar note, what are the causes of low SHBG again? It's mainly blood sugar / insulin issues correct? Just curious because I haven't found other reasons for having it low.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
On a similar note, what are the causes of low SHBG again? It's mainly blood sugar / insulin issues correct? Just curious because I haven't found other reasons for having it low.
low thyroid, high cortisol, high insulin, insulin resistance, excesssive of androgens, low fiber intakes are all reasons