Help me find a suitable protein flavour!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok here is the premise:

For my post workout meal i have the last year or so made a concoction of the following:
  • White rice
  • Honey
  • Cinnamon
  • SELECT Snickerdoodle
The carb choices are to get a faster absorbtion and the SELECT Snickerdoodle flavour just makes it taste insane.

BUT now that protein is impossible to get here in Sweden. One UK distributor has it, but their shipping is crazy high so that has to be the last resort.
What im looking for is a protein (whey/casein blend or Whey Isolate) that has a flavour profile that you feel might match (or even beat) what im currently using.

Ive tried some different proteins to see if i could find a substitute:
  • SELECT Cookies&Cream - Did not taste great
  • SELECT Chocolate Peanut Butter - My favourite protein of all time to drink, but didnt make this taste good
  • Nitro-Tech Snickerdoodle - This was just a sweet mess, didnt resemble SELECT at all
  • Nitro-Tech Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough - A tad better then the Snickerdoodle from the same company, but still just way to sweet
  • Various Swedish brands that all fell short
So if anyone has any suggestions shoot them my way and I will check their availability in my country. I wont be ordering from overseas as that would put the cost way to high.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you like the Select chocolate peanut butter you might like the Cellucor peanut butter marshmallow protein. I like either peanut butter so it tasted good to me.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you like the Select chocolate peanut butter you might like the Cellucor peanut butter marshmallow protein. I like either peanut butter so it tasted good to me.
Hm, that does sound good. Wonder if it goes with the rice and honey!

Pl4typu5

Pl4typu5

Awards
  • First Up Vote
White rice Mixed with protein powder? Or is this the cream of rice thing I see that’s used in the states?

select Is my choice for blends too but a surprising flavour I found is salted caramel whey from myprotein, I know it’s not a blend but mixing with some milk and it’s basically a blend anyway, goes great with oats and yoghurt so possibly rice too? Not sure what shipping would be from uk but they have great discounts all the time.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
White rice Mixed with protein powder? Or is this the cream of rice thing I see that’s used in the states?

select Is my choice for blends too but a surprising flavour I found is salted caramel whey from myprotein, I know it’s not a blend but mixing with some milk and it’s basically a blend anyway, goes great with oats and yoghurt so possibly rice too? Not sure what shipping would be from uk but they have great discounts all the time.
The thinking behind the rice and honey is to combine glucose and fructose for a faster absorption. I just throw the protein powder in there because it tasted good. I could just as well have had the rice and honey separate from the protein.

Myprotein has a swedish site as well so ive ordred from them before. Never tried their protein though! Good suggestion, thanks!

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What are the ordering sites you can use in Sweden? it might be easier to tell me what your options are, and then I can offer a suggestion based on what they have rather than have you keep checking?

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What are the ordering sites you can use in Sweden? it might be easier to tell me what your options are, and then I can offer a suggestion based on what they have rather than have you keep checking?
Haha **** ok ill see if i can list em all.

Within Sweden:
  • Gymgrossisten.se
  • Proteinbolaget.se
  • tillskottsbolaget.se
  • traineatlivefitness.se
  • Bulkpowders.se
  • Myprotein.se
  • Sportkost.se
  • Fitnessbutiken.se
  • Jfshop.se
UK based:
  • Predatornutrition
  • Powermyself
  • A-listnutrition
  • Insightsupps
  • Supplementneeds
  • Proteinpickandmix
Yeah those are the ones on the top of my head haha.

Pl4typu5

Pl4typu5

Awards
  • First Up Vote
The thinking behind the rice and honey is to combine glucose and fructose for a faster absorption. I just throw the protein powder in there because it tasted good. I could just as well have had the rice and honey separate from the protein.

Myprotein has a swedish site as well so ive ordred from them before. Never tried their protein though! Good suggestion, thanks!
I might give it try but I can’t imagine it together.

not sure if Sweden MYPROTEIN has the same kind of discounts but worth a try, sometimes I’m getting 1kg for £8 but sure they do smaller bags to try too.

Pl4typu5

Pl4typu5

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Haha **** ok ill see if i can list em all.

Within Sweden:
  • Gymgrossisten.se
  • Proteinbolaget.se
  • tillskottsbolaget.se
  • traineatlivefitness.se
  • Bulkpowders.se
  • Myprotein.se
  • Sportkost.se
  • Fitnessbutiken.se
  • Jfshop.se
UK based:
  • Predatornutrition
  • Powermyself
  • A-listnutrition
  • Insightsupps
  • Supplementneeds
  • Proteinpickandmix
Yeah those are the ones on the top of my head haha.
Power myself and proteinpickandmix have awesome customer service if you decide to go with them.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hm, that does sound good. Wonder if it goes with the rice and honey!
I was thinking of trying to make some peanut butter rice krispy treats with it. That would be a pretty good combination for flavor!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So for the last week ive been trying Ghost Whey Cereal Milk in my mix. Unfortunately falls short of SELECT Snickerdoodle, but the best ive tried so far. I will keep trying!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So for the last week ive been trying Ghost Whey Cereal Milk in my mix. Unfortunately falls short of SELECT Snickerdoodle, but the best ive tried so far. I will keep trying!
Hard to beat select snickerdoodle! Definitely a great tasting protein powder!