Help me decide on equipment

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I can fit one or the other. I have a rack, reverse hyper, leverage squat, pec dec and seated row machines

Plate load flat/incline/shoulder press

Or

Plate loaded row

Either one is $100. The drive is further for the presses

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Plate load flat/incline/shoulder press sir @wfreiling! I feel like that's worth it's weight in gold as you can do at least 3 movements versus the row is 1 movement!
I’m just being lazy it’s a far drive where the other is down the block basically

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’m just being lazy it’s a far drive where the other is down the block basically
Lol! I get it man! My wife's always asking me to drive somewhere far to pickup something from Facebook Marketplace or whatever and I'm like "@#$%& you better buy me some coffee and give me a back rub for this!"

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The press. If it was a chest-supported row I would have said that in a heartbeat, because I have zero issues using a barbell for all my pressing work. It’s way more fun to me as well. But that rower is basically a barbell row - it actually takes the same effort to load as a barbell and still loads the lumbar to the same degree with sheering force. No upsides.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
The press. If it was a chest-supported row I would have said that in a heartbeat, because I have zero issues using a barbell for all my pressing work. It’s way more fun to me as well. But that rower is basically a barbell row - it actually takes the same effort to load as a barbell and still loads the lumbar to the same degree with sheering force. No upsides.
My sentiments exactly. Chest supported all day, but since it’s not, I’d go with the press if I were you Wes.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
this ^^^^

I wouldn’t get either and would find a chest supported row. Mainly as if allows you to go heavy and go failure without any stress on the lower back. Which is really handy when your squatting and deadlifting heavy.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
this ^^^^

I wouldn’t get either and would find a chest supported row. Mainly as if allows you to go heavy and go failure without any stress on the lower back. Which is really handy when your squatting and deadlifting heavy.
I have a seated one. The other takes up such a big floor space that I can’t really see it

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Press - If you’re creative enough, you might be able to row, shrug with it…

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
+1 for the press bc what Hyde said ^^^.