Help! In need of a recipe to mix chicken, brown rice, carrots, celery, ++???

Warriorz

Awards
Alright, from reading through the recipes posted religiously I know there are some good cooks out there. Does anyone have any good recipes (perhaps a jambalaya or something, I don't know) that would include:

Chicken
Brown Rice
Carrots
celery
+anything else?

It's that time of year where time is very scarce. I'm just looking for something that I could make a HUGE pot of and scoop it for the go... Thanks in advance.

cakez

Awards
Well if the chicken is uncooked you could start with a chicken broth or a chick bouloun(sp) fill pot with water, then add in chicken and cook it via boiling the water... then add in salt + pepper if wanted.. also add in cooked rice, carrots,celery and any other spices and you have a chicken soup, very good and hearty. For sodium issues you could use a low/no sodium low fat broth or something...

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Well if the chicken is uncooked you could start with a chicken broth or a chick bouloun(sp) fill pot with water, then add in chicken and cook it via boiling the water... then add in salt + pepper if wanted.. also add in cooked rice, carrots,celery and any other spices and you have a chicken soup, very good and hearty. For sodium issues you could use a low/no sodium low fat broth or something...
hmmm sounds interesting... would you cut the raw defrosted chicken into chunks or throw it in whole?

cakez

Awards
hmmm sounds interesting... would you cut the raw defrosted chicken into chunks or throw it in whole?
You could do eathier... I sometimes ( I'f i'm lazy and cooking a whole bunch of chicken ) will just simply boil a pot of water with a little chicken stock in it ( no fat/no sodium ) and boil the chicken to cook it, then eathier take out however many I want and keep in the ones I do want to make the soup... If you want you can cut it up... it'll make for a faster cooking time I'm sure.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
mmmm i made some last night... it was ****ing DEEEEE-LIST

cakez

Awards
mmmm i made some last night... it was ****ing DEEEEE-LIST
Glad to hear it bro!! I usually try to have a pot in the fridge at all times since it's mad quick and easy for a quickie... enjoy!

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Do you have onion, might balance out the flavor more? Culinary wise, carrots, celery and onion form the flavor base for a lot of different foods (it's called a mire poix). I'm going to try this out on my first carb load. Sounds good.

EmAzing

EmAzing

Awards
mock stuffing

You can try a "stuffing recipe" using the rice as bread.
Add sage, rosemary, thyme and poultry seasoning, a bit of chicken broth if needed, some onion, mushrooms- and wah-lah.
Bake unti rice is cooked and celery, onions and carrots are soft.