Help, I'm Shutdown!

The Stig

Awards
My Doc prescibed 5mg of androgel, as my SHBG is sky high and causing issues. Guess what, it shut me down hard and my test plummeted to less than half what it was. I should have known better. I bumped it to 10mg, but still feel like complete ****. I want off this, but can't risk going cold turkey. He's prescribed clomiphene citrate @ 50 mg per day, which I should see Tuesday. I wanted HCG, but he's resisting going that route yet. What else can I do? I felt far better before and am in a bad way.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My Doc prescibed 5mg of androgel, as my SHBG is sky high and causing issues. Guess what, it shut me down hard and my test plummeted to less than half what it was. I should have known better. I bumped it to 10mg, but still feel like complete ****. I want off this, but can't risk going cold turkey. He's prescribed clomiphene citrate @ 50 mg per day, which I should see Tuesday. I wanted HCG, but he's resisting going that route yet. What else can I do? I felt far better before and am in a bad way.
HCG will shut your own LH production down. Clomid is the right option. Ask your doctor about proviron.

The Stig

Awards
HCG will shut your own LH production down. Clomid is the right option. Ask your doctor about proviron.
I got my hands on DHT gel from overseas. Do I start hammering that? I know it can likely cause shutdown too, but I just want to feel better. I feel like hell.

The Stig

Awards
Isn't HCG supposed to stimulate leydig cells to produce LH? My LH is already shutdown from the androgel.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well, do you want to be shut down or do you want your testosterone levels to come back? HCG mimics LH. So your own LH productions shuts off. Yes, using androgel shuts it down as well. If your goal is to get your test back up, your going to want to just take clomid, with no gels, or anything that is going to keep you shut down.

The Stig

Awards
Well, do you want to be shut down or do you want your testosterone levels to come back? HCG mimics LH. So your own LH productions shuts off. Yes, using androgel shuts it down as well. If your goal is to get your test back up, your going to want to just take clomid, with no gels, or anything that is going to keep you shut down.
He's prescribed 50mg. I've heard of people running 150 out of the gate the jump start things for a few days. Once I get my levels back up, I stll have to figure out why my SHBG is always sky high.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
He's prescribed 50mg. I've heard of people running 150 out of the gate the jump start things for a few days. Once I get my levels back up, I stll have to figure out why my SHBG is always sky high.
If it is continuously excessive on blood tests, ask about proviron; it will lower shbg.