HELP im brand new to body building and am excited to start

markg35x

Awards
Im a noob to this, like brand new, ive been going to the gym for a long time to loose weight, and now ive been trying to get bigger and i dont think im doing it right, im now wanting to start to bodybuild, im 17, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds, i eat very clean, and eat around 200 grams of protein a day, im still chunky in the stomach, and barely chunky anywhere else and more muscles than your average teenager who isnt ina sport, i do 15 minutes of biking a day at a heart rate at around 150ish, and alternate back and biceps, chest and tris, and legs and shoulders and do abs every day through out the week except for saturdays, anything im doing wrong? Or am I on a good road to getting bigger? And a few questions i have are, should i bulk now and then slim later? Or vice versa, i keep seeing " manage your macro and micros " all over the place , what does that mean? And what does getting a " good muscle contraction mean? I hope this isnt too much to ask on one post im brand new the site, sorry if it isnt!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im a noob to this, like brand new, ive been going to the gym for a long time to loose weight, and now ive been trying to get bigger and i dont think im doing it right, im now wanting to start to bodybuild, im 17, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds, i eat very clean, and eat around 200 grams of protein a day, im still chunky in the stomach, and barely chunky anywhere else and more muscles than your average teenager who isnt ina sport, i do 15 minutes of biking a day at a heart rate at around 150ish, and alternate back and biceps, chest and tris, and legs and shoulders and do abs every day through out the week except for saturdays, anything im doing wrong? Or am I on a good road to getting bigger? And a few questions i have are, should i bulk now and then slim later? Or vice versa, i keep seeing " manage your macro and micros " all over the place , what does that mean? And what does getting a " good muscle contraction mean? I hope this isnt too much to ask on one post im brand new the site, sorry if it isnt!
To get bigger you need to a) eat more than you burn off

Or b) cycle your calories so as to keep your body guessing (1 day eat below what it takes to maintain body weight) and the next eat over. This should accomplish what is called "recomp" where u hope to build muscle while burning fat all at once. It takes much more experimenting/ trial n error but it much better than the limbo of bulking and cutting , bulking and cutting, so on. Although at 17- it is probably wise to build up while your potential is highest then worry about leaning out when your metabolism slows as u age. If u eat and train correctly, it would be hard to get "fat" while bulking... Try not to oerthink your lifting. The most important thing to worry about is eating enough to grow!

You have to decide of you want to be plain big or have a "magazine" physique as I call it, as this will dictate the way you train.

I can tell you that abs everyday is overkill In my opinion. 2-3 days is enough bc you hit your abs in Many weight exercises like squats, deads, rows, etc. Keep it simple! If u wanna bulk up try a 5x5 or 5,3,1 routine focusing on compound lifts. If you wanna work on physique, you still need those things but you will also want to a)keep your calories cleaner and b) focus more on isolation lifts

If I used terminology you don't know, please look it up, it's all very standard talk and you will be able to undeerstand I'm sure! hope this helped.

Welcome to the iron game ;)