Help finding Anti-Aging doctor for TRT

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently under care of Dr. Crisler, but hes taking to long to order my blood test, get back to me on things, and has left me hanging here for an undefined amount of time. I don't believe its his fault entirely, they are really overbooked etc.. I've been waiting for my follow up blood work to be ordered after clomiphene citrate therapy to determine TRT. I spoke with the office and they said hes too behind on work and they don't know when he'll be getting back to me.

I'm tired of waiting on people. Are there any other doctors you guys recommend that I could have my records forwarded too? I've heard of a doctor named Shippen but I don't know anything about him or where to find him? Whos the next best?

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Im just in the very beginning of this (blood getting taken tomorrow), but I found a few compounding pharms and sent them emails asking for Dr.s who use them to prescribe TRT.

They will be very happy to give you the list, as this may be more business for them.

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
Im just in the very beginning of this (blood getting taken tomorrow), but I found a few compounding pharms and sent them emails asking for Dr.s who use them to prescribe TRT.

They will be very happy to give you the list, as this may be more business for them.
well if you are in the very beginning, let me tell you man. Most of the doctors on that list will have no clue what they are doing. I've been to a handful of doctors around my area from a compounding list. I live in birmingham, al with the UAB health care community, which is one of the best in the world. All of the endo's and urologists around here have no idea how to prescribe TRT.

My father is currently recieving TRT from a nice and cooperative anti-aging doctor, however the guy doesn't know anything about monitoring aromatase activity and keeping an eye on E2 levels. He has my father on 200mg/compounded cream with no estrogen control. His E2 levels were in the 50's and the doctor prescribed only DIM-Indole-3-Carbinol. With E2's in the 50 you certainly need Arimidex or the equivalent.

Tons of doctors don't know how to inject testosterone either...theres so many people that receive injections once every 2 weeks...this is terrible and causes peaks/valleys in your testosterone levels not to mention uncontrollable/predictable DHT and Estradiol conversion.

Be careful finding your doctor. I like Crisler alot and he KNOWS whats hes doing...however I'm just worried he won't be able to make time for me. I would recommend to anyone considering TRT to check out his website allthingsmale.com and read his protocol on TRT. If the doctor you choose isn't within reasonable limits of Crisler's protocol, chances are hes clueless.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently under care of Dr. Crisler, but hes taking to long to order my blood test, get back to me on things, and has left me hanging here for an undefined amount of time. I don't believe its his fault entirely, they are really overbooked etc.. I've been waiting for my follow up blood work to be ordered after clomiphene citrate therapy to determine TRT. I spoke with the office and they said hes too behind on work and they don't know when he'll be getting back to me.

I'm tired of waiting on people. Are there any other doctors you guys recommend that I could have my records forwarded too? I've heard of a doctor named Shippen but I don't know anything about him or where to find him? Whos the next best?
If you want a good DR PM me top in the country :)
and will give you lab test before you get to the appointment
Will order test that one needs with pretty much not question ask.
He also take PPO insurance from many top providers. Shippen is old school
Dr O and hard are to of the most respected names in the business.

longrob

Awards
Hi Matrix,
You will need to clean out your PM box so I can send you a msg.
Thanks!
-Rob

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
well if you are in the very beginning, let me tell you man. Most of the doctors on that list will have no clue what they are doing. .
Yea, I've read every shred of info I can find on this topic, so I feel good about what I know...and am getting my first bloodwork on my own to 1) make sure its worth throwing myself into this process 2) hopefully be able to cut to the chase a little and have things to talk with the Dr. about to gauge his level of knowledge (on those things like E2 / LH / FSH etc)

I also have requested a list of Dr.s using 'pellets' and eliminated them from my list :privateeye:

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
...and am getting my first bloodwork on my own to 1) make sure its worth throwing myself into this process
....drum roll....

Total T : 201 (241-827) :eek:mfg:
Free T : 5.44 (5.00-21.00)
% FT : 2.68 (1.50-4.20)

Im going to work on making sure Im not doing anything else wrong (sleep hygiene, diet, cutting out all supps) and retesting in a month to confirm this result as valid...if so...I'll be 100% in pursuit of getting this corrected.

I didn't expect it to be THAT low...wow.

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
....drum roll....

Total T : 201 (241-827) :eek:mfg:
Free T : 5.44 (5.00-21.00)
% FT : 2.68 (1.50-4.20)

Im going to work on making sure Im not doing anything else wrong (sleep hygiene, diet, cutting out all supps) and retesting in a month to confirm this result as valid...if so...I'll be 100% in pursuit of getting this corrected.

I didn't expect it to be THAT low...wow.
well chances are nothing you change is going to help THAT much. Unless you have sleep apnea, sounds to me like you certainly need TRT or HCG.

The bright side, which is actually exciting, is knowing that soon you could feel a TON better than you've ever felt your entire life.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
well chances are nothing you change is going to help THAT much. Unless you have sleep apnea, sounds to me like you certainly need TRT or HCG.

The bright side, which is actually exciting, is knowing that soon you could feel a TON better than you've ever felt your entire life.
I agree on both of these points, when I saw that number I was like woah :sick:....I'll probably start a thread here in 3-4 weeks as this 'journey begins'

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
I agree on both of these points, when I saw that number I was like woah :sick:....I'll probably start a thread here in 3-4 weeks as this 'journey begins'
if you want to save yourself some time...theres one thing you can do before you see a doctor. Try running clomid for a month or two to see if your levels bump up substantially. If they do, you can determine that you are primary or secondary hypogonadal.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
if you want to save yourself some time...theres one thing you can do before you see a doctor. Try running clomid for a month or two to see if your levels bump up substantially. If they do, you can determine that you are primary or secondary hypogonadal.
Then I suggest you get under proper medical supervision. If you need referral PM ME

AnneInNY

Awards
I use an anti-aging doctor in Boca Raton. Had a phone consultation first which took a good 90 minutes to answer all the questions with him. Then went to see him after blood tests were drawn here locally, for the initial treatment. Surprised that my insurance paid for the blood draw. Naturally, the insurance didn't pay for the hormone therapy but it wasn't outrageous at all and damn well worth it. I feel like a million bucks now.

Anyway, went to Boca and had hormone pellets inserted the first time. I was nearly hysterical worrying about the injection (into the upper buttock area) but it was nothing. Can't believe it. Didn't hurt. Thought the novacaine would be the worst part but it was nothing and I felt nothing as he inserted the trocar with the pellets. He inserted testosterone and estrogen (I am female, age 56) and I take oral progesterone and DHEA/pregnenalone at night. I'm taking something else but since it's illegal to mention that I inject it daily I won't mention it.

I had another blood draw 3 wks later, again here in Kingston, NY. Showed that I had burned through the initial pellets pretty quickly. Went back for another insertion. Again, same experience, not painful. Took all of 5 minutes each time.

i continue to feel better. I can tell you that the practice is extremely efficient, caring and professional. This guy has been in the anti-aging business for a long time and totally knows his stuff. I am constantly impressed by his wealth of knowledge about nutrition, hormone balancing, and all the other anti-aging topics about HGH, etc.

Email me if you want more details. FLights to Ft Lauderdale are dirt cheap. You'd need to go once for the initial treatment, again in a month and then every 3-4 months.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I use an anti-aging doctor in Boca Raton. Had a phone consultation first which took a good 90 minutes to answer all the questions with him. Then went to see him after blood tests were drawn here locally, for the initial treatment. Surprised that my insurance paid for the blood draw. Naturally, the insurance didn't pay for the hormone therapy but it wasn't outrageous at all and damn well worth it. I feel like a million bucks now.

Anyway, went to Boca and had hormone pellets inserted the first time. I was nearly hysterical worrying about the injection (into the upper buttock area) but it was nothing. Can't believe it. Didn't hurt. Thought the novacaine would be the worst part but it was nothing and I felt nothing as he inserted the trocar with the pellets. He inserted testosterone and estrogen (I am female, age 56) and I take oral progesterone and DHEA/pregnenalone at night. I'm taking something else but since it's illegal to mention that I inject it daily I won't mention it.

I had another blood draw 3 wks later, again here in Kingston, NY. Showed that I had burned through the initial pellets pretty quickly. Went back for another insertion. Again, same experience, not painful. Took all of 5 minutes each time.

i continue to feel better. I can tell you that the practice is extremely efficient, caring and professional. This guy has been in the anti-aging business for a long time and totally knows his stuff. I am constantly impressed by his wealth of knowledge about nutrition, hormone balancing, and all the other anti-aging topics about HGH, etc.

Email me if you want more details. FLights to Ft Lauderdale are dirt cheap. You'd need to go once for the initial treatment, again in a month and then every 3-4 months.
So you fly back to fort launedale every time you get pelletes? I have clients that are on pellets and its 700 bucks each time they get them done not covered by insurance. They put them in feel good but get lazy and do not get them every 3-4 months then 6 months goes by start feeling like crap then depression sets in all because they forgot to go or they did not have the money at the time. I told them simple bottle of testosterone would be alot cheaper !!

AnneInNY

Awards
Well, I need both testosterone AND estrogen. Flights to Ft Lauderdale are dirt cheap most of the time, maybe I'm lucky since I fly in from Newburgh, NY and it's averaging about $250 round trip. I can go in and out same day most of the time.

I knew I wouldn't take the pills and knew I wouldn't do the creams. Also they cause spikes which you don't get with the pellets.

I'm happy with this plan. To each his/her own, right?

monsterbox

monsterbox

Awards
  • Established
Well, I need both testosterone AND estrogen. Flights to Ft Lauderdale are dirt cheap most of the time, maybe I'm lucky since I fly in from Newburgh, NY and it's averaging about $250 round trip. I can go in and out same day most of the time.

I knew I wouldn't take the pills and knew I wouldn't do the creams. Also they cause spikes which you don't get with the pellets.

I'm happy with this plan. To each his/her own, right?
wow, sounds to be like a HUGE waste of money.

If the cream is applied every day theres not going to be much spiking.

If you inject once per week there will not be much spiking...blood levels will become constant.

jasrich

Awards
Hi Matrix, I've come to this thread late but I've been researching docs and I was wondering whether you would PM me with the name of this doc? I especially like the fact that this doc orders labs BEFORE the appointment. I'm a newb on this board so I can't PM you yet.

Thanks.

jasrich

jrj

Awards
Doctor

I'm looking for a good TRT doc. Could you e-mail the info on this one? Thank you

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
The problem is that doctors have recognized this TRT as a new cash cow. Now they call it "Anti-aging Medicine". They charge you for a "PROGRAM" and dont work with your insurance. These doctors prey on our vulnerability and extreme desire to do this treatment. Which in turns translates into us paying out cash and taking out loans, nad them not having to deal with the insurance nightmare.

The fact is that ANY doctor can write the scripts. The problem is finding a doctor that can even spell "anastrozole" much less one that knows how and when to use it.

I think it would be benficial if a website of Forum was started that listed doctors in Metro areas that know TRT, have a legitimate practice, and take insurance. Take the money out of the pockets of these Anti-aging crooks posing as doctors!

Loryan12

Awards
I am not sure if this thread is still active but I am in same boat, I am 25yrs old. Have very low test and low free test although it is very lowball of what is my doctor calls normal. I have seen an increase in illness, I feel tired all time, and just not feeling great all time. My doctor is not helping and to be honest can't wait to get off phone w me. I am looking for a Dr. that might help me out a little bit or at least can go over maybe whats wrong with me.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I am not sure if this thread is still active but I am in same boat, I am 25yrs old. Have very low test and low free test although it is very lowball of what is my doctor calls normal. I have seen an increase in illness, I feel tired all time, and just not feeling great all time. My doctor is not helping and to be honest can't wait to get off phone w me. I am looking for a Dr. that might help me out a little bit or at least can go over maybe whats wrong with me.
check pms

Loryan12

Awards
check pms
Hey Matrix, I got the PM but my level of posts is not adaquete to talk to you through them lol.. After this I should need bout 4 more lol so I guess I ll find some where to post but not blowing you off.

AceQHounddog

Awards
Hey guys, just joined and this is my first post. I just emailed my doctor yesterday about getting blood tests for T levels etc. I have been experiencing all the usual suspected symptoms of low T. I go to Kaiser and after reading this and other threads here I am worried that I will not be diagnosed or treated properly. ANyone have any experience with Kaiser Endos?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, just joined and this is my first post. I just emailed my doctor yesterday about getting blood tests for T levels etc. I have been experiencing all the usual suspected symptoms of low T. I go to Kaiser and after reading this and other threads here I am worried that I will not be diagnosed or treated properly. ANyone have any experience with Kaiser Endos?
Kaiser insurance is the worst out there trying to get them to do proper testing is like pulling teeth. They will not test you unless you are lying on death bed. When you do get one to get tested then they do the wrong test or only test one thing. Good luck.