Hello everyone, back from the dead!

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Welp, I haven’t been on here since 2013 (member since 2011) and I’m excited to be back in the swing of things and taking my life back in a lot of ways. I just started TRT last October 29th and I’d like to share some of my story as well as my current protocol as well as ask questions and welcome input from the community.

Since 2013 I’ve had a pretty rough go at things. It started off as I had a minor heart attack mid cycle do to the level of stress and amount I was pushing myself at work , at home and in the gym all while a 500mg wk test e cycle that I was not monitoring my blood for and ended up having what the docs referred to a stress related heart attack as a result of polycythemia. I was told my blood was thick as molasses. Luckily no tissue damage was done and no stints put in and I survived learning a very hard lesson. I made a serious mistake and it almost cost me my life. Although I was monitoring BP and taking support supps i believe the lack of blood drawing is what got me, but all of that is in hindsight. Shortly after my heart attack in that February I was out with some brothers riding and hit a large piece of concrete sidewalk in an unlit inner section in Detroit, did a drive roll at 50mph over the handlebars with no helmet at broke my right radius in half protecting my head but still also fracturing my skull and a complete multiple fractured left occipital and broken nose. I sprung up on my feet immediately lucky to be alive but ended up having multiple surgeries on my right arm (3 surgeries in 4 years) and (1) head as a result. I tried to get back into lifting after 6 months of the first plate in my arm and ended up getting a stress fracture in a screw hole and snapping it in half after dead lifting one day. Second plate and 7 more new screws in my arm as a result. My body was rejecting the surgical steal causing inflammation and tons of pain for 3 years until they decided to take it out. During that surgery something happened during placement I suspect and I woke up screaming and yelling because my shoulder felt as if my arm had been ripped off. Turns out they tore my rotator cuff %90 so 6 month later they fixed that and it was a brutal and long recovery and still have pain till this day. By this time 6 or so years had passed, working out was painful and I started having massive depression issues , panic attacks, chronic pain and a mess of other things. I tried getting back into shape many times and only met with more pain. I had also been hit by two SUVs resulting in 3 left shoulder surgeries and 2 years of PT before all this and another incident where I was side swiped on my bike by a dually going 60mph as I was merging into traffic from a side street but luckily didn’t break anything even though my body took his rear fender flare off. Anyway, about a year and a half ago I started having spinal issues from the previous wrecks and woke up one morning after a few months of increasing neck pain and my C5/6 vertebrae herniated massively in my sleep. Emergency surgery had to be done because my spinal cord was pinched and my left arm was going completely numb and immobile and the pain was blinding. So they did C5/6 spinal fusion. During the recovery, which was awful I did a lot of laying around on pain meds, sleeping , eating like **** as well as drinking after work bartending nearly every night as the pain after a shift was unbearable. I start having increasing lower back pain which I recently found out is my L7/T1 (iirc) disc bulging and cracked like a jelly donut with a crack in the side they explained. This is also causing severe sciatica flare up along with constant numbness and nerve pain in my lower back and left leg. Last summer I was in the lowest and darkest place I could be. At that point I had 10 surgeries in 11 years , 2 closed head injuries resulting in what was diagnosed as bi polar disorder and ptsd , minor heart attack and my drinking was getting out of control. I ended up trying to quit drinking last August as I was 245lbs , fat as hell, physically weak, weak minded and broken, in chronic pain and medicated for all this crap. The stress of the pandemic and loss of two jobs due to it wasn’t helping much either. Early September I had been sober almost a month and ended up having a really bad blowout with my wife while having a severe pain flare up. I got drunk, real drunk , my wife had left with my son and I ended up messaging my best friend out in Cali and saying goodbye and swallowed a handful of my muscle relaxers I take for spinal injections (zanaflex). I woke up to another buddy that lives close by shaking me after my friend from Cali called him to get over to my house. He broke in and dragged me to the ER and my heart was barely pumping. I ended up spending a week institutionalized and when I got out a month at home alone because my wife wanted me to have the time and space I needed to figure **** out with myself and doctors. Of course all my doc appointments ended up disappointing as usual and they wanted to just dump more meds in me which had not helped for nearly a decade and I could not keep going down the same path. I immediately started researching other methods to help me mentally and physically and ended up deciding to get my blood work done. My testosterone was down to 229. It had been tested at 329 4 years ago but of course my primary wouldn’t refer me to anyone nor indulge in any conversation about possible hormone therapy to help with the depression or physical ailments. I ended up contacting a hormone clinic and having a video call with one of their docs, a urologist, and he prescribed me my trt based on everything that was going on and my numbers. At this point I had exhausted everything except this. Now I’m 3 months in and everything in my life has done 3 360’s and a 180 it seems. I’m still getting things dialed in and fine tuned but it’s been a constant progression of positive results with every change or upgrade in protocol. My depression is nearly gone and my lows are very manageable. I’ve been able to cut my SSRI dosage in half. I don’t have constant feelings of doom, fear, anxiety, anger or extreme emotional ups and downs. My pain tolerance has gone back up and my motivation and feelings of hope and fight for my and my family’s future is back. My IBS is gone. My fatigue is still hear but only about half as bad as I’m able to work out doing low impact cardio and physical therapy exercises 2-3 a day 5-6 days a week. My enjoyment in my hobbies and creativity is coming back. My sex life is back to feeling like my 20’s and the return of my erections of my youth is amazing . My joint pain is still pretty bad and I’m unable to lift many weights but my trt doc just added deca which I received today to help with it as he wanted to see how I responded to my base trt protocol before adding anything else. Just about every aspect of my life has changed for the positive in the last 3 months and my marriage is back on cloud 9 and I’m active with my son like I haven’t been in a long time. I know this is a lot to read but it feels good to share with strangers as I don’t have a lot of open minded friends in regards to this kind of treatment and even know they have seen me going through it for years I just get written off as crazy. Anyway I’ll share my protocol now along with a couple questions I have with my new additions. Thank you.

4- 20ml subq inj. of 200mg test cyp (160mg a week total)

25 units of hcg twice a week subq

.25 mg anastrozole twice a week (I started getting rosey nipples and areolas were looking weird around week 8)

My bloods at the moment are

Total test 626 ng/dL

Free 13 ng/dl

Estradiol 19 pg/ml

SHBG 32.2 nmol/L

Albumin 4.2 g/dl

Just added and received from pharmacy today .5 ML of 200mg nandrolone twice a week prescribed.

My question is in regards to the deca.

Does 200mg a week seem high?

Does it require a loading phase and need to be that high?

I also would like to know if Subq will be as beneficial or more as IM. My prescription says IM twice a week but I’ve read mixed responses of both methods and would like to hear some more current knowledgeable experiences. I prefer the ease and lack of pain of Subq with my cyp as I’m sticking myself so many times a week but I also want to get the most out of my treatment.

Again. That’s a whole lot of crazy **** to digest and I apologize if my writing isn’t the best.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Absolutely incredible story and recovery bro!! I don't know about your deca dosing. Somebody else can chime in on that.
Seriously though dude, congratulations on turning your life around!!!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Definitely good to see you back on track. Can’t help you with the deca either but keep on the straight and narrow! Try not to get too “obsessed” with the lifting or gear though because that’s a slippery slope in itself. Everything in moderation is my motto. Great to have you back on the forum and I am sure your wife and son are elated with the progress.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Damn bro. Wtf that’s a rough go. Way to persevere.

I’m a big fan of subq and do 1ml test e or prop multiple times a week.

Last edited:
Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dang man that sounds like a real sh!tty decade. Glad it’s turning around. It’s amazing how much a bit of hormone balancing can really make things much better. It can be a real game changer. I can’t recall who it was, but I believe someone else on here is running 200mg of deca a week as part of their HRT. I’ll tag them if I remember who it is. Anyway, keep your head up man. Sounds like things are heading in the right direction 🤘

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oops, disregard. It was @trumac and I think he’s running 100mg a week as part of his HRT.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Thank you everyone for your kinds words and moral support. I definitely feel like I’ve been given another chance to make my life whatever I want it to be now thanks to my hormone therapy. It’s definitely not a cure all, I know it’s a tool to help heal my body and my mind and I have a lot of work ahead of me. My overall goal with this isn’t to be back to benching 315 6 times with no spotter again or 500lb dead’s as i couldn’t do that again without causing more damage then what’s done. I won’t be setting any lifting goals as far as weight goes, I’ll be focused on endurance and core strengths and more of a lean physique. I’m already down from 245 to 220 since November and my diet is pretty much keto and intermittent fasting. Ive always felt better eating protein, fats, fruits and vegetables so the change in diet is the easiest part for me . Never been a fan of breads, pastas, rice, **** carbs, etc. as they’ve always bloated me up and made me feel tired although when I let myself go I would just eat whatever easy.

Looking forward to check out what’s changed in the science game as far as advancements in supplements as I’ve been out of the loop for nearly a decade. I’ve been seeing a lot about peptides on the internet lately, I think back then there weren’t many being discussed and people were still discussing pro hormones/designer steroids (yuk).

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Thank you everyone for your kinds words and moral support. I definitely feel like I’ve been given another chance to make my life whatever I want it to be now thanks to my hormone therapy. It’s definitely not a cure all, I know it’s a tool to help heal my body and my mind and I have a lot of work ahead of me. My overall goal with this isn’t to be back to benching 315 6 times with no spotter again or 500lb dead’s as i couldn’t do that again without causing more damage then what’s done. I won’t be setting any lifting goals as far as weight goes, I’ll be focused on endurance and core strengths and more of a lean physique. I’m already down from 245 to 220 since November and my diet is pretty much keto and intermittent fasting. Ive always felt better eating protein, fats, fruits and vegetables so the change in diet is the easiest part for me . Never been a fan of breads, pastas, rice, **** carbs, etc. as they’ve always bloated me up and made me feel tired although when I let myself go I would just eat whatever easy.

Looking forward to check out what’s changed in the science game as far as advancements in supplements as I’ve been out of the loop for nearly a decade. I’ve been seeing a lot about peptides on the internet lately, I think back then there weren’t many being discussed and people were still discussing pro hormones/designer steroids (yuk).
The fact you have gone through all that and have come on here and shared your story with us...unbelievable.

Am sure there will be many you can help from your experiences. You my friend are a winner.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
The fact you have gone through all that and have come on here and shared your story with us...unbelievable.

Am sure there will be many you can help from your experiences. You my friend are a winner.
Thank you. That’s actually the other half of my reason for sharing, that someone else can gain from hearing this experience and that there’s always another shot worth taking and help out there. It definitely isn’t easy to get or find all the time but it’s worth it to keep going and not let it weaken oneself to the point I got. It can be very discouraging and upsetting with doctors and psychiatrists that don’t listen and have preconceived notions that they know how to fix you before you’re even finished explaining or expressing and more than willing to load you down with prescriptions in a system built around that. It’s really worth using the tools of the internet these days to way alternative options and research other causes for certain afflictions. Not to say sometimes those things doctors prescribe and therapists treat don’t work at times but sometimes circumstances are such that they’re out of touch with treating certain conditions that are beyond their experience or comprehension so they just scribble on a pad to the best of their knowledge which often is very biased towards their prejudices under what they been taught in a broken money driven system. This is why I value shared experiences because before I took the step towards exploring options on my own and risking the money out of pocket I read others posts online and saw how in some cases it opened the door for others to feel comfortable and talk about what normally wouldn’t be brought up and gave some validation that they’re not alone. Life’s too short to spend shut inside like that.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Damn bro. Wtf that’s a rough go. Way to persevere.

I’m a big fan of subq and do 1ml test e or prop multiple times a week.

If your deca is 200mg/ml and you’re doing .5ml 2x a week, that’s only 100mg a week and not too high. Unless I read wrong
Wouldn’t .5 twice a week of 200mg mean each injection is 100mg and twice a week = 200mg total weekly? Or is my brain doing a thing again?

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I just got caught up. Crazy story.

200 mg a week of deca seems a bit high to me. I run 100 and I’ve seen a lot of guys run 150. The issue with nandrolone is that it can cause some depression in the long term. I would try very hard to keep it dosed as low as possible especially with a history of depression. You just want enough to increase the synovial fluid in the joints for some relief. Unfortunately upon cessation the relief will go away as well, ie it doesn’t fix the issue just provides pain relief.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
So I just got caught up. Crazy story.

200 mg a week of deca seems a bit high to me. I run 100 and I’ve seen a lot of guys run 150. The issue with nandrolone is that it can cause some depression in the long term. I would try very hard to keep it dosed as low as possible especially with a history of depression. You just want enough to increase the synovial fluid in the joints for some relief. Unfortunately upon cessation the relief will go away as well, ie it doesn’t fix the issue just provides pain relief.
So could the higher dose I was prescribed meant to be sort of a loading phase and then I should back down in a few weeks? I had asked about bpc-157 and they didn’t think that it would be optimal considering my injuries and surgeries arent very recent with exception of maybe my spinal fusion a year and a half ago and bulging disc in my lower back. I’m also having narrowing In my C6/7 and C8/T1

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So could the higher dose I was prescribed meant to be sort of a loading phase and then I should back down in a few weeks? I had asked about bpc-157 and they didn’t think that it would be optimal considering my injuries and surgeries arent very recent with exception of maybe my spinal fusion a year and a half ago and bulging disc in my lower back. I’m also having narrowing In my C6/7 and C8/T1
If he meant it as a loading phase I’m sure he would have mentioned that.

Maybe look into TB500 for your injuries. It’s systemic

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
If he meant it as a loading phase I’m sure he would have mentioned that.

Maybe look into TB500 for your injuries. It’s systemic
I’ll research that one right now l. Thanks. Off hand so you know if that will also help with severe tennis elbow? I have it bad it both arms since I start exercising again and can’t shake it. Wearing compression elbow sleeves everyday is getting obnoxious

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ll research that one right now l. Thanks. Off hand so you know if that will also help with severe tennis elbow? I have it bad it both arms since I start exercising again and can’t shake it. Wearing compression elbow sleeves everyday is getting obnoxious
I’m not sure but it’s worth looking into