Height Increase

Blood lust

Awards
Hi All

Is there a way after puberty to increase your height?

I'm 5"5 and would like a few more inches if poss. All advice welcome.

BL

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
Hi All

BL
There this surgery in which they cut your femur in half and than connect them back together with platinum rods. then after six-18 months later you will be able to walk again and be about 3 inches taller. It only cost 100k and available in Europe.

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
that must be one of the most painful surgeries, femur in half. I can't imagine the heavy dosed and lengthy pain scripts you could get with that lol

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
Pray? Genie?

Blood lust

Awards
I dont have a magic lamp lol

If you do heavy sqats will it not reverse knee plates fusing? The knees arent the only place growth happens so what age to plates fuse at the top of legs and ankles and spine etc?

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
I dont have a magic lamp lol

If you do heavy sqats will it not reverse knee plates fusing? The knees arent the only place growth happens so what age to plates fuse at the top of legs and ankles and spine etc?
Bud, I am on the shorter end too. You just have to accept your height and look at the benefit of it. less ROM on lifts and less weight needed to look bigger

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
None that I am aware of, especially naturally...!

2 words... Eddie Coan LOL
Hmmmm, well, this is certainly a sport or game well many of us males are not necessarily satisfied with what nature deals or dealt us.
Look at a few things from a differing perspective...
Height or less height, can be a big advantage in some strength moves.
Well muscled shorter guys always look great on the beach
Lastly, and this was a hard one for me too is,
Practice being fine with your body image and like yourself. Be proud of your genetics and be the best you can be at whatever you are given.
When I gave up the notion of being a victim in this game and quit labeling myself a hardgainer, poor me, etc. etc. I really started to focus harder on work and reach heights in strength/size and other capacities that I thought only freaks could achieve.
Get that working for you, and it is a hOOOOge genetic advantage...! Having the work ethic and determination, will go further in this game than big wrists...!

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Is the OP serious?? This thread must be a joke, please tell me I'm missing something here.....

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
You guys remember that tooshortforlife guy that said he was too short for life at 6ft 3in

Blood lust

Awards
Hows my thread a joke exactly?

My understanding is when your HGH drops (around 20-25) your growth plates fuse. These beasts are what add length to the bones so at fusion they prevent further growth. Has anybody here grown past the age of 25? Can growth not appear anywhere else along the bone? Does intense exercise that cause micro-fractures make them grow?

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
Maybe a micrometer at best. Get some platform shoes if you really want to be taller.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hows my thread a joke exactly?

My understanding is when your HGH drops (around 20-25) your growth plates fuse.
But what other mechanisms are at work causing that drop and thus the maturity of the bone end closings?
I don't think a bone grows from the center, or would keep adding length after the joint ends were developed etc. SInce larger framed or heavier guys need larger joints perhaps. Your muscle insertion points, bellies, tendons, ligaments, organs, vascular system all need to coordinate with your skeletal system ie: height etc. in order to make the genetic sized you work the best. I don't think it is just a bone length thing.

Has anybody here grown past the age of 25?
I reached my top height at around 18 and although I have probably put on bone mass, not length.