Heart Health Supplements

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any recommendations for most cost effective?

Finasteride raised my cholesterol, and I'm sure it's on its way down but I just want to run some supplements for 2-3 months.

Thinking along the lines of:
Fish Oil(Covered)
Coenzyme Q10
Red rice Yeast
Garlic
Citrus Bergamot

I don't cycle, but there may be some cycle support supplements which contain most of the above?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ashwagandha and spirulina have some promising studies on cholesterol too, and are generally healthy, and can help with body composition and performance too.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You could tag on some extra vitamin E for heart support.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Take a look at love heart by trainedbyjp nutrition

NutButter

NutButter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
MPA supps Cardiosolve and or MPA Heartsolve contain what you you're looking for.

Olympus labs K1ngsguard was a truly fine supplement as well, too bad its not made anymore.

Jdforsy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I had high cholesterol for a long time and with this regiment I’m back down into normal ranges for all metrics

intermitent fasting, usually 20/4
more cardio ha!
2 tblsp psyllium husk (fiber) prior to eating
2gram plant sterols
2.2 grams epa/dha fishoil

been on this for like 1.5 years and don’t plan to change
!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My wife has some serious cholesterol issues. SHe uses red yeast rice and plant sterols from piping rock

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Now cholesterol pro will do the job.
Here's why I say this:

My wife was diagnosed with unfavorable cholesterol level last year. It's hereditary. Not awful, but the dr wanted her to take a high fish oil dose. She was already taking fish oil daily, so I turned to iForce, seeing as Heart Help was fairly new and promising. My wife took 2 bottles; one Sept, one Oct, then got tested 3 weeks after cessation of supplementation (unfortunately). The numbers:

Sept 12 - HDL 71 LDL 139

Dec 12 - HDL 101 LDL 73

The dr was very pleased. My wife is now waiting til her next blood test to see what the numbers return to, before ordering more (though she did take a third bottle after the test in Dec).

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Recently got bloodwork done and my total cholesterol was 396.

The following dietary changes and supplements were recommended by some very knowledgable guys on this forum:

Eliminate eggs and red meat, replace animal fat with olive oil, avocados, nuts, and seeds. Eat lower carb using vegetables and fruits for carbohydrate sources.

Supplements (all split dose AM/PM):

Citrus Bergamot: 2 g per day
Fish oil: 4 g per day
Flax seed: 6 g per day
Berberine: 1,000 mg per day

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pomegranate extract

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you for all the responses.

I am looking for an all in 1 health product too, seems very difficult to find at a reasonable price!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
100mcg mk7
200mcg CoQ10

Like muscleup mentioned, they’re been evidence coming out lately that ashwaganda can help lower cholesterol as well.

If you’re looking for an all in one, controlled labs will be you’re best bet.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Controlled Labs Orange Triad has 120mcg K2 per daily dose. The Oximega Fishoil packs 4g daily of high quality omega 3s. Orange Beat has citrus berg, garlic, Shilajit and some Coq10. These 3 products together address a lot of things.

Eating ground flaxseed at 4-6g daily, more fruits and veggies and otherwise lower carb intake, upping fats from olives, avocados, almonds, and fish can all be helpful.

If you aren’t doing cardio several times per week, start. Also if the liver is fatty this can have negative cholesterol implications - and it can be reversed.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Controlled Labs Orange Triad has 120mcg K2 per daily dose. The Oximega Fishoil packs 4g daily of high quality omega 3s. Orange Beat has citrus berg, garlic, Shilajit and some Coq10. These 3 products together address a lot of things.

Eating ground flaxseed at 4-6g daily, more fruits and veggies and otherwise lower carb intake, upping fats from olives, avocados, almonds, and fish can all be helpful.

If you aren’t doing cardio several times per week, start. Also if the liver is fatty this can have negative cholesterol implications - and it can be reversed.

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hawthorne Berry works better than my blood pressure pill. It's good for both top and bottom, but it really lowers my bottom (dia) a lot.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
MPA supps Cardiosolve and or MPA Heartsolve contain what you you're looking for.

Olympus labs K1ngsguard was a truly fine supplement as well, too bad its not made anymore.

Is it me or does MPA supps design/font look similar to Iconic Formulations?

Oh also you could try Sytrinol and Schisandra chinensis extract for heart health.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Niacin should be a good addition, the instant release with flush, it’s kinda uncomfortable in the beginning but it supposed to work better than extended release without the flush.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Morphogen MorphoPrime. It’s the all in one you need

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Not that I have seen any studies on it, but Jarrow makes a capped pomegranate extract product for pretty cheap. Way cheaper than drinking juice every single day!
The juice is tasty though

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You can get K2 combined with D3.

ramses31

Awards
  • Established
I've been taking this the past 5 days and I actually think it works too well, you have to take a decent amount of carbs with it because it will definitely drop your blood sugar.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've been taking this the past 5 days and I actually think it works too well, you have to take a decent amount of carbs with it because it will definitely drop your blood sugar.
Divided or all at once? If all at once then definitely its got a huge dose of Berberine.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Split it over 2 meals that contain carbs or one with your largest meal and one prior to sleep.

Elite_Labs_USA

Elite_Labs_USA

Awards
There is quite a few cycle supports that contain most of those ingredients along with other ingredients to support your bodies regular production

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
CEL Cycle Assist has some great heart health components. Celery seed extract, grape seed extract and hawthorn berry. I also like to add in Aged Garlic and Ubiquinol