Heads up if anyone has 1st phorm protein

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just seen that they issued a recall yesterday.

“is recalling two types of their protein supplements because the products may contain Staphylococcus aureus.”

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yikes .. thanks for the heads up

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you for posting that for everyone.

I hadn't seen that myself, but they aren't a brand that I ever use or really follow.

I talk so much on here about proper quality testing and I feel like most people either ignore what I say or don't fully understand the importance of it. But proper testing should always involve testing the ingredients themselves but also heavy metals and microbial testing - and products shouldn't be released for sale to the public until that is done.

I know that is costly and difficult for many small companies to do - but its people's health that is at stake there.

Now, in the case of 1st Phorm and their protein, I haven't looked into that one, but there are cases with protein manufacturing, just like with food manufacturing where a lot of something tests for something later on and brands preemptively do voluntary recalls to be on the side of caution - and to the brands that do that, much respect and applause.

Example - Premier Protein RTD's - last year they did a volunteer recall on a lot # of Winter Mint Chocolate. It wasn't because of anything related to their product itself, it was related to the line that was used for it tested positive for something on something else and they did the recall voluntarily just to be cautious - I had some batches of that, but not the affected one, and I truly appreciated them doing the recall just to be on the safe side.

I guess my point overall - is that it sucks that it happened, and brands should always test - but even when brands do, things can happen. So, people should be fair with the way they look at things like this and the brands affected, because at least they are trying to do the right thing whereas there are many that aren't even bothering to try at all. I hope that makes sense.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Their second major recall. They recalled all of their canned energy drinks about 6 months ago for containing mold.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just seen that they issued a recall yesterday.

“is recalling two types of their protein supplements because the products may contain Staphylococcus aureus.”
That's crazy! Glad I don't use their protein.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Their second major recall. They recalled all of their canned energy drinks about 6 months ago for containing mold.
I didn't know about that one. I didn't even know they had a canned energy drink.

As bad as that sounds and as bad as that is, what's worse if you think about it is that they're doing recalls based off of things being found in their products - can you imagine how much goes on with products on the market where the brands do no quality testing at all?

That's one of the things I know I harp on a lot is quality testing, including heavy metals and microbial testing - but the reality is that a lot of companies just don't do any of it and that's sad and scary.

I always want to beat my head into my desk when I see some people that I know use certain brands that don't test post something about not using brands that use artificial sweeteners or something like that - it's like man, if you only knew, you're worried about some theory that may or may not be bad at an insane dose eventually, but you're supporting something right now that you have zero idea what you're putting in your body.