HCG dosing help

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
I have been on HCG now (2000 units twice a week) for about 1 month and am waiting on some test results from the doc to see how it affected my test levels. Up until about one week ago I was feeling great on it but recently I have noticed a drop in libido, moodiness, sore nipples and joints. Here is my problem; I don't have another appointment with my doctor until July and at my last appointment I was not exhibiting these side effects so the doc told me to stay at the same dosage for now and that we would lower it if need be.

I know that my problem is a high E2 level and I would like to adjust my dosage and if need be my dosing schedule to help with this until my next appointment. I am thinking about dropping down to 1000 units twice a week or 500 units EOD; do you guys think this would help me? My doctor does not want to use Arimidex; he said he would rather lower my dosage to correct for high E2 levels if possible.

Corleone1

Awards
200-300 IE eod or e3d is what you should use. More just increase E2 and probably prolactin and this is the worst libido destroyer. There are several studies at Journal of endocronology that no more than these 300 is necesary. I have tested this over the years and I can really feel the difference and that this is the way to go. Under a period a did blood samples once a week of testosteron, E2, prolactin and progesterone and the more I did take, the only values that did increace was the "female" ones, testo didnt rise more on 1500 than on 300 IE. More isnt better...

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
I have been on HCG now (2000 units twice a week) for about 1 month and am waiting on some test results from the doc to see how it affected my test levels. Up until about one week ago I was feeling great on it but recently I have noticed a drop in libido, moodiness, sore nipples and joints. Here is my problem; I don't have another appointment with my doctor until July and at my last appointment I was not exhibiting these side effects so the doc told me to stay at the same dosage for now and that we would lower it if need be.

I know that my problem is a high E2 level and I would like to adjust my dosage and if need be my dosing schedule to help with this until my next appointment. I am thinking about dropping down to 1000 units twice a week or 500 units EOD; do you guys think this would help me? My doctor does not want to use Arimidex; he said he would rather lower my dosage to correct for high E2 levels if possible.
Your dosing schedule is good. I've been doing this regularly for three years and find a three and four day break works best. You probably have high E2 and need to reduce your dose or include arimidex. HCG doesn't behave like testosterone. Increasing the frequency of your injections won't help.

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
Hey just an update and a question:

I reduced my dosage to 500 units three times a week and that helped alot with libido and joints, but my nipples are still extremely sore. I am actually about to discontinue HCG to see if my body will naturally even out as it did in the past. My question is: is there anything I can take OTC that might help to eliminate the sore nipples? How long will it last after I discontinue HCG?

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
Forgot to add that the HCG increased my total testosterone level to 900 up from 170.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Forgot to add that the HCG increased my total testosterone level to 900 up from 170.
That's pretty good. When did you draw? Was it before or after you lowered your dose. Also, where is your E2?

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
That's pretty good. When did you draw? Was it before or after you lowered your dose. Also, where is your E2?
I drew labs before the dose was lowered. I don't know my E2 because we haven't tested it yet; my situation is kind of different than most of you guys right now though it seems. My doctor told me to take 2000 units twice a week; I dropped the dosage on my own when I noticed symptoms of high E2. But here's the thing, he wants me to just take two 10000 unit vials worth and then when I run out to stop and draw more labs after three weeks and then a few months to see if my level stabalizes naturally like it did when I quit TRT when I was 18. He just wants to jumpstart my testicles. If it doesn't work then I'll probably go deeper into the realm of more organized HCG monotherapy with lower dosing and keeping a closer eye on some of the other levels such as E2.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
My question is: is there anything I can take OTC that might help to eliminate the sore nipples? How long will it last after I discontinue HCG?
1.) See your doctor sooner. You are exhibiting signs of gyno.

2.) Test for E2 right away. You can order these tests yourself (ie LEF)

3.) DIMM works for me but is not as powerful as Arimidex or Formex, although my E2 never was very high. It is 100% natural (Formex is not, Arimidex is a drug) which I prefer. But if your E2 is high enough to cause gyno symptoms, DIMM probably won't help much.

4.) For a more powerful OTC AI, I heard good things about IBE's Formex. I believe it is available here at NutraPlanet. I have read that some on TRT take a low dose (25mg) every day in place of Arimidex to keep E2 in check. However, if you are already exhibiting signs of gyno you probably should start with the recommended dosage (do a search) - or just get some Arimidex. Search and ye shall find. Dosage recommendations for Formex and Arimidex are all over these threads.

5.) Do #1 and #2, not #3 or #4 without consulting your doctor.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
I drew labs before the dose was lowered. I don't know my E2 because we haven't tested it yet; my situation is kind of different than most of you guys right now though it seems. My doctor told me to take 2000 units twice a week; I dropped the dosage on my own when I noticed symptoms of high E2. But here's the thing, he wants me to just take two 10000 unit vials worth and then when I run out to stop and draw more labs after three weeks and then a few months to see if my level stabalizes naturally like it did when I quit TRT when I was 18. He just wants to jumpstart my testicles. If it doesn't work then I'll probably go deeper into the realm of more organized HCG monotherapy with lower dosing and keeping a closer eye on some of the other levels such as E2.
You should have discussed your symptoms with your doctor. As it is, your not giving his prescription a chance and you're undermining you're therapy. Eight weeks is short time frame. My suggestion is you call him and tell him the changes you've made. You can't judge his success if you keep him in the dark. The chances that anyone here has more expertise than your doc is slim to none, and slim left town.

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
You should have discussed your symptoms with your doctor. As it is, your not giving his prescription a chance and you're undermining you're therapy. Eight weeks is short time frame. My suggestion is you call him and tell him the changes you've made. You can't judge his success if you keep him in the dark. The chances that anyone here has more expertise than your doc is slim to none, and slim left town.
I did talk to my doctor and he said that my change in dosage was good. Like I said I'm just using it for a short period of time. As a matter of fact i'm on my last dose. I'm just going to discontinue using it and see what happens with my labwork. If that doesn't work then my doctor said we will approach it in a different way.

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
1.) See your doctor sooner. You are exhibiting signs of gyno.

2.) Test for E2 right away. You can order these tests yourself (ie LEF)

3.) DIMM works for me but is not as powerful as Arimidex or Formex, although my E2 never was very high. It is 100% natural (Formex is not, Arimidex is a drug) which I prefer. But if your E2 is high enough to cause gyno symptoms, DIMM probably won't help much.

4.) For a more powerful OTC AI, I heard good things about IBE's Formex. I believe it is available here at NutraPlanet. I have read that some on TRT take a low dose (25mg) every day in place of Arimidex to keep E2 in check. However, if you are already exhibiting signs of gyno you probably should start with the recommended dosage (do a search) - or just get some Arimidex. Search and ye shall find. Dosage recommendations for Formex and Arimidex are all over these threads.

5.) Do #1 and #2, not #3 or #4 without consulting your doctor.
He just doesn't seem to want to test E2. He acts as if he would just rather use the side effects I have told him about as sign that my E2 is hi. He doesn't want to give me an AI, he would just rather lower the dose of HCG.

Those aromotase inhibitors look good and I will definately mention them to my doctor. Maybe he will test my E2 if I let him know that those symptoms of high E2 are persisting. Or, i'll just get an at home test and let him know the results.