HCG and DHT to lower SHBG?

vvs1

Awards
Hey, I’m starting an HCG mono therapy from a telemedicine clinic. Total T is fine (650-700), but this is masked by the high SHBG of 50-60.

I have had low T symptoms for a while. And then hit the horrid symptom jackpot from Saw Palmetto.

I’m looking to add DHT(injection or Proviron) to my HCG. Will the HCG protect any testicular shutdown in regards to fertility?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Why are you on HCG Therapy?
What are your other indicators? What is your estrogen at? etc.,

vvs1

Awards
Why are you on HCG Therapy?
What are your other indicators? What is your estrogen at? etc.,
The HCG is to keep testicles functioning and increase T output enough to decrease SHBG.
LH and FSH are normal, in between 5-8.
Estradiol sensitive is 19.
DHT is mid 50s, normal.
Thyroid and antibodies are in range, except for a high reverse t3.
Iron panel, Metabolic panel, and CBC normal.

I have tried Clomid and it increases Testosterone up to 1100. So I’m not primary or secondary, just high SHBG, or not enough to overcome SHBG for a normal free testosterone.

The Stig

Awards
The HCG is to keep testicles functioning and increase T output enough to decrease SHBG.
LH and FSH are normal, in between 5-8.
Estradiol sensitive is 19.
DHT is mid 50s, normal.
Thyroid and antibodies are in range, except for a high reverse t3.
Iron panel, Metabolic panel, and CBC normal.

I have tried Clomid and it increases Testosterone up to 1100. So I’m not primary or secondary, just high SHBG, or not enough to overcome SHBG for a normal free testosterone.
To clarify, you have elevated SHBG while using clomid, but your estroidal is ok?

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HCG is the bioidentical form of Luteinizing Hormone, the signal from the brain to your testicles to produce testosterone. Taking supplemental testosterone will suppress your body's release of luteinizing hormone and the production of testosterone. This hormonal suppression also curtails the production of sperm.

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
TRT- Testosterone replacement therapy. This is where a doctor prescribes a low dose of testosterone to bring current levels to healthy levels.
Testosterone is a hormone responsible for many fuctions in the body, primarily muscle building.
HCG- Human chorionic gonadotropin is a hormone that is produced by pregnant women. It stimulates sperm production in men. Its is used as part of a steroid cycle to stop shut downs of the testes.

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The conversion of DHEA into different hormones is affected by a variety of factors. The route depends on the sex of the person and balance of other hormones. Exogenous supplements and hormone use will also affect this.

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What this means is that your goals will determine which treatment is best for you - if you want to just increase your libido and want to have kids, but don’t care much about increased muscle gains, then HCG treatment is a better option.