having a hard time with diet

willc86

Awards
hey everyone. I need some advice; before I get a personal trainer, I was wondering if maybe someone with the same amount of knowledge can help me.

To begin, I am not exactly sure what when where to eat. how much calories, and/or general rule of thumb.

I currently weigh 230lbs. I bulked from 160lbs. so i did gain a lot of muscle, but I did gain some kind of fat. However, I would just eat whatever I see 6 - 7 times a day.
now trying to eat clean and possible gain and shred some fat, what should a 230lb man eat to go down to 11% bodyfat? what is total calories more or less.

I still lift heavy, so I know that wont change. and what should I eat? what kind of carbs? what worked for you and did you maintain or gained muscle while you were at it?

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First you need to get an accurate measurement of current bodyfat%. Calipers are cheap and easy for a general approximation. Just about any gym can measure it for you or on your next doctor visit. Scales aren't even close in my experience. Also you need to find an online calculator to estimate your total daily energy expenditure. Once you know how many cals to maintain your current weight start subtracting cals.

grizzly237

Awards
I like to find my tdee then multiply .4 x body weightin fats eat gram per lbs for protein fill in the rest with carbs and I start cutting carbs first then some fat I never lower the protein.