Having a baby... low testosterone help....

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hi Fellas,

So my wife is due in 4 weeks; we're having a daughter :) Now I know that it's normal for father's testosterone levels to reduce significantly when a baby is born but I already am in the lower ranges and I'm feeling magnified effects of low testosterone for the past few weeks such as lethargy, longer recovery times after workout and non existent sex drive or erections. I'm 36 by the way.

Can I take a test booster or SARM when my daughter is born to prevent my test levels from tanking or would that be dangerous and against natural evolutionary mechanism?

Thanks.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hi Fellas,

So my wife is due in 4 weeks; we're having a daughter :) Now I know that it's normal for father's testosterone levels to reduce significantly when a baby is born but I already am in the lower ranges and I'm feeling magnified effects of low testosterone for the past few weeks such as lethargy, longer recovery times after workout and non existent sex drive or erections. I'm 36 by the way.

Can I take a test booster or SARM when my daughter is born to prevent my test levels from tanking or would that be dangerous and against natural evolutionary mechanism?

Thanks.
There are a couple promising test boosters and it wouldnt hurt to try them. They tend to be overly expensive and not super effective though. Stress man - good or bad your stressed, and that WILL effect your test numbers....(been through this plenty). Hows your sleep been? Your body has a good chance of being fu<ked up for a bit after birth anyway....I'd say ride it out and see where you level off at - aside from something like a natural T booster. Just enjoy what is coming.

I actually read a study once that showed that men who had daughters had a decline in test bc of that factor. I dont know how much truth there is to it but i most definitely fit into that construct myself.

Ase_james

Awards
It's not going to hurt anything. But more importantly, getting rest, healthy fats and vitamins and minerals are the main thing. Take a test booster and see how it goes. But, if you're already feeling that way, I'd get tested. I had low test in my late 30's and it didn't get better following all the health rules. Been on trt for a year now and feel better than I did 10years ago.

I guess what I'm saying is a good test booster is worth a shot, but only if getting the rest and other things mentioned. Being a new father...you probably won't be able to get the rest so it might not be worth the money.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don’t think test booster or SARMs is worth wasting your money. Being a father, I know what I have been through and no supplement is going to help. I suggest you ride this out. Your sleep and schedule will probably go for a toss when the baby is out. I took 6months off gym to just give attention to family. And yes, I was tired. But, just suked it up and went along the ride.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the responses guys. I'm a teacher so I don't het much sleep at nights (prob 5-6 hours) and naturally my work environment is very stressful. When I checked my test levels last year it was 430 ng/dL and free test was 10.8 pg/mL. I have a very hard time gaining any muscle and I easily put on fat. I've been making progress but I guess I'm nervous that after having my daughter, I'll lose all my gains.

Is that wrong to feel? I know I should enjoy this new experience but I feel like all the hard work and effort I've put so far with my training will be for naught. It feels very depressing for some reason.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
430 Test isn’t that low to be concerned about. Your gains will come back with proper nutrition and training. But the time you lose with your new born will never come back. You already have a busy work life. Adding gym will take a lot of time out of your day since gym and is not just gym after all. Cooking, training, paying more attention to your body. My advice is take time off and give your wife the support she needs postpartum. She will need you to take care of her and the baby.

Btw, you don’t have to feel bad that you’re concerned about losing your gains. I think everyone in your situation will give this a thought and be concerned about losing gains. It’s a natural feeling man.. Lot of people can relate to what you’re going through now.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
there's a difference in taking a test booster (most are bunk anyway.... a SERM would be better) and taking a SARM. SARMs are suppressive to the HPTA, so if you take something when you're already suppressed, I would not expect you to have very good HPTA recovery.

have you had bloodwork since last year? if not, you might as well get it looked at again.... a lot can happen in a year.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
32 father of 3 here. Aged 5 1\2, 4 and almost 2.

Every household is different but I was very involved when my kids were born and it’s the most tired I’ve ever been in my life...but it gets easier quickly because your body adapts.

Good news if you have more kids is that baby 2 is much easier than 1 and baby 3 is the easiest! lol

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Try OL’s kings blood or whatever they renamed it too

Really good in the sexual health department

X2 bottles back to back it was a good time

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Try OL’s kings blood or whatever they renamed it too

Really good in the sexual health department

X2 bottles back to back it was a good time
Sex would be the last thing his wife will have in mind. Lol

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sex would be the last thing his wife will have in mind. Lol
7 week old at home...
You are correct.
Been a rough few months. Ran NPP hoping for some deca di<k.....did the extreme opposite lol.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just have to chime in 1 more time....wife and I just had out 5th kiddo this Christmas....this subject near and dear to me.

So the deal is you MAY lose some gains. It is worth it. On top of that when you get back to pushing big weight again anything you lost will come back quicker than gains for a newbie teen. I am Speaking from experience....muscle memory is a real thing. So skip the gym or shorten your sessions....whatever you have to do. But daughters are pretty awesome. Especially little, before you start ruining their life

But for real, Congrats! If your already a father you know that life is about to get a whole lot better......(not easier )

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just have to chime in 1 more time....wife and I just had out 5th kiddo this Christmas....this subject near and dear to me.

So the deal is you MAY lose some gains. It is worth it. On top of that when you get back to pushing big weight again anything you lost will come back quicker than gains for a newbie teen. I am Speaking from experience....muscle memory is a real thing. So skip the gym or shorten your sessions....whatever you have to do. But daughters are pretty awesome. Especially little, before you start ruining their life

But for real, Congrats! If your already a father you know that life is about to get a whole lot better......(not easier )
Thanks brah. Appreciate your input and support. I think you're right; I'd rather enjoy this special moment than worry about gains etc. Muscles come and go but precious moments with one's child is timeless. I'll still try to find time to workout but I won't go bananas over it. Cheers!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks brah. Appreciate your input and support. I think you're right; I'd rather enjoy this special moment than worry about gains etc. Muscles come and go but precious moments with one's child is timeless. I'll still try to find time to workout but I won't go bananas over it. Cheers!
Good for you man and congratulations. Trust me, you will not regret giving away your gym time. The baby may not need you at all in the beginning. But your wife will109% need you to be there. Enjoy your new journey.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
430 Test isn’t that low to be concerned about. Your gains will come back with proper nutrition and training. But the time you lose with your new born will never come back. You already have a busy work life. Adding gym will take a lot of time out of your day since gym and is not just gym after all. Cooking, training, paying more attention to your body. My advice is take time off and give your wife the support she needs postpartum. She will need you to take care of her and the baby.

Btw, you don’t have to feel bad that you’re concerned about losing your gains. I think everyone in your situation will give this a thought and be concerned about losing gains. It’s a natural feeling man.. Lot of people can relate to what you’re going through now.
Great advice jtmass!
I have 3 daughters and one son.
Try to keep the diet good. I started cooking dinner every night to control this and the wifey appreciated it (also do the dishes).. I hit the gym when I could (I use a 24hr gym so it made it a little easier). but I wanted to be there for my wife for the first 4-6 months. The first kid may require more time. I can't remember my first is now 30 years old. as far as sleep goes you can forget it for awhile.
They have some good cortisol control supps on the market now if you want to go that route.

Congratulations! This will be one of the best times of your life. Make it that way!
The gyms are not going anywhere. Plus the second time around is much easier than the first time when it comes to building muscle.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
7 week old at home...
You are correct.
Been a rough few months. Ran NPP hoping for some deca di<k.....did the extreme opposite lol.
you sure it wasnt tren in it?

I seemed to lose some hair on a test and eq cycle which i took finasteride and ru58841. I wouldnt be surprised if some companies put a lil tren in there.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you sure it wasnt tren in it?

I seemed to lose some hair on a test and eq cycle which i took finasteride and ru58841. I wouldnt be surprised if some companies put a lil tren in there.
It didnt feel like tren. Plus it was a little wet. I felt GREAT on the npp....happy, more energy, slept great. I was really sorry to see it go. On the other side the gains were phenomenal. Good addition of lean mass.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
family 1st...

Nutrex

Nutrex

Awards
I would take care of your child first and worry about the rest later. Having a child you will have very little rest, so you may have some issues in that respect. Give it some time.

misterbiggs

Awards
I don’t think test booster or SARMs is worth wasting your money. Being a father, I know what I have been through and no supplement is going to help. I suggest you ride this out. Your sleep and schedule will probably go for a toss when the baby is out. I took 6months off gym to just give attention to family. And yes, I was tired. But, just suked it up and went along the ride.
Best advice on this thread so far. You're wife is going to need you more than ever, especially the first couple of months. She's going to be tired due to the birth and due to the fact that babies want to eat all hours of the night. If she's nursing, she probably won't get much sleep. So you'll wanna help out, take the baby so she can sleep in, go to bed early, take naps. If shes using formula, then you can probably switch nights with her, so you feed the baby one night, she feeds the other night. But like jtmass said, just give attention to your family. And take it easy on yourself too. It's a big adjustment for everybody so I recommend you just focusing on taking care of mamma, building that relationship with your baby, and try in fit a little gratitude in now and then as the infertility rates are rapidly climbing these days.