Have you ever tried one of those pre-packaged food diet programs?

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you ever tried one of those pre-packaged food diet programs?

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes. I've done Power Plate Meals. Factor75. Ice Age Meals. Ice Age was the best. Factor75 2nd. PowerPlate 3rd.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm always tempted but the cost is never justified for myself personally. Can meal prep for far less of the cost. I also notice a lot of those meals are super low calorie for being marketed to the fitness i.e. 300-350 cals.

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ice Age Meals is best for Calories. A lot of their meals are around 400-700ish if you get the paleo style with rice, like the barbacoa and the steak tri tips are really good. And all their meat is grass fed.

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Factor 75 and Power Plate really were on the smaller end of calories like 300ish which weren't ideal for a bulk. Maybe for a cut if you have like 4 of em a day. Factor75 had good salmon though.

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I know meal prep is less, I'm just a really busy dude and it works for me. Ice Age also runs a lot of sales, like last order I got was 24 meals for $220 because I used a $50 off coupon, came out to like $9 a meal. And I mainly choose the barbacoa and steak tri tip meals for the protein/cals.

Shiznitzz

Shiznitzz

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I know meal prep is less, I'm just a really busy dude and it works for me. Ice Age also runs a lot of sales, like last order I got was 24 meals for $220 because I used a $50 off coupon, came out to like $9 a meal. And I mainly choose the barbacoa and steak tri tip meals for the protein/cals.
Where did you get the coupon? Thats a pretty nice deal

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It was a weekend only deal they run a lot of weekend sales.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If you can't justify the cost then do a big meal prep day and freeze everything.
I used to do it a lot. If you cook steak cook it really rare otherwise when you reheat it it's a well done rubber sole

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I'm always tempted but the cost is never justified for myself personally. Can meal prep for far less of the cost. I also notice a lot of those meals are super low calorie for being marketed to the fitness i.e. 300-350 cals.
This. I've looked into some of the meal prep services before, but when you compare it to grocery shopping and cooking your own meals it doesn't make sense.

The only time I would consider one of these services is during the very end of a contest prep to make sure I wasn't cheating or going over my calories. Having pre-made containers makes it much easier to be honest with portions and calories/macros

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes. I've done Power Plate Meals. Factor75. Ice Age Meals. Ice Age was the best. Factor75 2nd. PowerPlate 3rd.
I tried this for the first time and I found it really good.

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ice Age Meals is best for Calories. A lot of their meals are around 400-700ish if you get the paleo style with rice, like the barbacoa and the steak tri tips are really good. And all their meat is grass fed.
I do agree that Ice Age Meals is best for Calories.

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
$50 off coupon!! That's great! :rambo:

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do agree that Ice Age Meals is best for Calories.
I just looked into them as I hadn't heard of them before but still see mostly in the 350-400 ranges for cals. Man they are expensive too. It looks like a good $12 per meal. I don't quite understand honestly why someone can't offer some decent macros for $5 per meal. They would have people lining up. Making a paleo or keto meal is not that expensive.

Daehlluks

Daehlluks

Awards
I’ve been really wanting to do a meal service being that my money spending app indicated I spend more on my grocery shopping tendencies than a month of meal prep delivery service (or the same). I would only use the meals for lunch & maybe dinner if I don’t go for a shake at night.

I may try it once I get back from visiting family next week and post a review.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
$12 a meal is rediculous, you can get 3-5lbs of chicken pork or ground beef for $12, a 20lb bag of rice is $12. You can easily get 3000cal a day for like $60-80 bucks a week

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just looked into them as I hadn't heard of them before but still see mostly in the 350-400 ranges for cals. Man they are expensive too. It looks like a good $12 per meal. I don't quite understand honestly why someone can't offer some decent macros for $5 per meal. They would have people lining up. Making a paleo or keto meal is not that expensive.
Maybe you are right!

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve been really wanting to do a meal service being that my money spending app indicated I spend more on my grocery shopping tendencies than a month of meal prep delivery service (or the same). I would only use the meals for lunch & maybe dinner if I don’t go for a shake at night.

I may try it once I get back from visiting family next week and post a review.
That's a good idea! It will a great effort then. I am waiting to read the review from you, brah.

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
$12 a meal is rediculous, you can get 3-5lbs of chicken pork or ground beef for $12, a 20lb bag of rice is $12. You can easily get 3000cal a day for like $60-80 bucks a week
$12 a meal is rediculous.

Yes, I was thinking about it too. :33:

jp21590

jp21590

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Check out Icon Meals. I've used them for months at a time. Meals cost anywhere from $6 to $8, you also have the option to customize your own portions and order bulked cooked meats and sides. They have promo codes that you can use for 10% off each order. On average I would get 10 meals delivered for right around $100. Keep in mind shipping is $30 due to overnight am delivery so it would be best to order 10 meals at a time (max that fit per cooler). Otherwise the average cost of the meals would go up.

Menu changes weekly as well. I've seen many pros advertising/eating their foods.. this is what got me to try them out.

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Check out Icon Meals. I've used them for months at a time. Meals cost anywhere from $6 to $8, you also have the option to customize your own portions and order bulked cooked meats and sides. They have promo codes that you can use for 10% off each order. On average I would get 10 meals delivered for right around $100. Keep in mind shipping is $30 due to overnight am delivery so it would be best to order 10 meals at a time (max that fit per cooler). Otherwise the average cost of the meals would go up.

Menu changes weekly as well. I've seen many pros advertising/eating their foods.. this is what got me to try them out.
That's good!