Have Any Of You Done Cardio While on TRT? Any Experiences?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Hi Everyone,

When I did Androgel, it helped my cardio duration and performance.

On Primobolan Depot, I did not notice much.

On oxandrolone, it made me too bulky and my calves were too pumped up to do long-duration cardio.

I should mention everything was legal, and done by respective doctors in the country.

Any experiences? Have people who have done TRT been able to notice a difference in cardio performance?

ripped_one

Awards
  • Established
Yes. I was a competitive cyclist in my 20's and a self-dosed small amount (120-150mg/week at 160 lb) made a noticeable improvement in recovery and power output as well as overall endurance and consistency in my training day to day. You'll notice more glycogen storage and more muscle fullness, which increases water weight, but the improvements in power output will outweigh the extra weight you'll carry as long as your dose isn't too high. It really works best by allowing you to maintain low bodyfat and low bodyweight, while keeping recovery super high and consistent day to day.

A few things you'll want to keep in mind, too much test can disrupt sleep or create too much "pump", which can be a negative. The more you take the harder it is to manage the water weight. Over 1mg/lb of bodyweight has generally been the upper limit for me for performance gains anyway. Taking more than that, like 200mg at 160lb may reduce sleep quality and may require something like anastrozole to manage estrogen, and for whatever reason AI's seem to increase cramping in my experience. Dosing a minimum of ever 4-5 days is important too, as it really minimizes effects of water retention and increased RHR. I think a Mon/Fri or Mon/Wed/Fri is a great schedule.

I have found zero improvement in cardio or endurance ability with EQ or deca, winstrol, anavar, tbol, or anything else to be honest. HGH seemed like a waste to me as well. Stick with low dose test!

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for that.

My wife had me save my fertility in a medical facility. I am always paranoid that any type of chemicals could affect that permanently.

So, at least now, I can try TRT, but can still always have kids.

For me, I just want to up my recovering from long distance running, cycling, etc.