Have any of you been to jail?

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I went to jail for the first time ever this month. It was honestly an eye opening experience and it has made me very grateful for the things that I have. The inmates were very nice. I was surprised at how bad of a rap the inmates get. There wasn’t racial segregation or anything like that. I talked to basically whoever. I was only there for 48 hours so I’m not sure if I was in a cell block where only short term people were held. I will say that I never want to go back that’s for sure

LondonerTWBULLY

LondonerTWBULLY

Awards
Prison for 2 days never heard of someone going to prison for that short space of time, I would of thought it cost too much tax payers money and a very limited slot in hmp to put you in for 2 days, my old man did 26 years so did enough time for us both...

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Prison for 2 days never heard of someone going to prison for that short space of time, I would of thought it cost too much tax payers money and a very limited slot in hmp to put you in for 2 days, my old man did 26 years so did enough time for us both...
He said jail, not prison. And I did 6 months on a 12 month sentence back in 2000 in jail. Definetly makes you re-evaluate things. But jails are not as bad as prisons. Mainly, cause most there are non-violent crimes. And the violent crime guys are kept in a different cell block until they can be transferred to prison or a higher security facility based off the crime committed.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nothing more than a few 2 day stints in the county jail. Conservation law issues, weapons misunderstandings and once for fighting.

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Jail and prison are two very, very different things here in America. Jail is like a shitty vacation, prison is like fighting for your life. I’ve only been to jail. A close friend did ten in prison. Our experiences were dramatically different.