Hatch, Whitehouse Introduce Legislation to Empower DEA’s Regulation of SARMs

discgolf

Awards
Oh dear...

Apr 24 2018

Hatch, Whitehouse Introduce Legislation to Empower DEA’s Regulation of SARMs
"Washington, DC— US Senators Orrin Hatch (R-UT) and Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) introduced the SARMs Control Act of 2018. Selective androgen receptor modulators, or SARMs, are synthetic drugs designed to mimic the effects of testosterone. This bipartisan bill builds on the success of the Designer Anabolic Steroids Control Act of 2014 by extending the Drug Enforcement Administration’s authority to regulate anabolic steroids to include SARMs."

Superload

Superload

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Is this going to include peptides that arnt nessasarily sarms such as mk677, GW, and YK11????

Whitestang

Whitestang

Awards
Home of the free lol

Superload

Superload

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Thank God lol MK is definitely one thing I wouldnt be able to handle banned

mad_canada

mad_canada

Awards
Thank God lol MK is definitely one thing I wouldnt be able to handle banned
Mk 677 isn't a peptide, it also isn't a sarm. It's a research compound being developed as a medicine and is able to be patented by a pharmaceutical company.

It's called mk-677 because Merck is the company that discovered and started it's development.

Superload

Superload

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Mk 677 isn't a peptide, it also isn't a sarm. It's a research compound being developed as a medicine and is able to be patented by a pharmaceutical company.

It's called mk-677 because Merck is the company that discovered and started it's development.
Still ,im hoping it stays as available as it has been and that the board sponsors stay out of the upcoming crack downs so we can still manage to aquire it for our reaserch

mad_canada

mad_canada

Awards
Still ,im hoping it stays as available as it has been and that the board sponsors stay out of the upcoming crack downs so we can still manage to aquire it for our reaserch
Sure, yes we understand. It's all about money. Ironically I made a video on this thing the other day before all this happened. https://youtu.be/eNPLCgduBtQ

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
With the way our govt works, I'm pretty sure they'll lump a whole bunch of these other things in with the actual Sarms

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
I actually fully support this. SARMs have most of the same side effects as AAS, and lots of uneducated young men take them without realizing they can shut you down. Also the fact that many haven’t made it to stage 2 or 3 clinical trials (yes I know several have) is pretty sketch, and what’s even more questionable is ones that fail clinical trials being marketed and used. All of this is coming from someone who took SARMs before most people had even heard of them in the 2006-2010 time frame.

I just hope that they don’t include MK677, but many companies lump it in with SARMs even though it is far from.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is this going to include peptides that arnt nessasarily sarms such as mk677, GW, and YK11????
Yk-11 is an steroidial sarm.
Meaning it’s an modified androgen. 19-nor-androgen to be specific.

Any modifications to testosterone, 19-nor testosterone, and dht would make the compound in a technical sense, a steroidal sarm.

Sam stack

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You guys think it will still be sold in the uk?

Sam stack

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually fully support this. SARMs have most of the same side effects as AAS, and lots of uneducated young men take them without realizing they can shut you down. Also the fact that many haven’t made it to stage 2 or 3 clinical trials (yes I know several have) is pretty sketch, and what’s even more questionable is ones that fail clinical trials being marketed and used. All of this is coming from someone who took SARMs before most people had even heard of them in the 2006-2010 time frame.

I just hope that they don’t include MK677, but many companies lump it in with SARMs even though it is far from.
Boooo. Support freedom not suppressing our rights

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Boooo. Support freedom not suppressing our rights
I supported your freedom by deploying several times. Boo yourself for wanting to put something in your body that is at best a patented and licensed drug which is being stolen by supplement manufacturers, and at worst an under researched or failed research chemical.

Sam stack

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I supported your freedom by deploying several times. Boo yourself for wanting to put something in your body that is at best a patented and licensed drug which is being stolen by supplement manufacturers, and at worst an under researched or failed research chemical.
Thank you for serving but people should be allowed to put chemicals in their body if they are not harming other people. It’s my life to do with how I please

Sam stack

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Educate your kid so they don’t **** up with Sarms. Banning it all together is stupid and wrong

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
I agree 100%, I fully believe the dea and most FDA regulation regarding supplements and AAS should be done away with. On that note I will also say that we absolutely have some of the most relaxed regulation of dietary supplements of any first world country. Surprisingly enough Hatch is the man who has kept the FDA from regulating many aspects of the supplement industry.

I personally don’t agree with supplement companies marketing SARMS, and selling them in many stores to the want it now 16-25 year olds who don’t know any ramifications of what they are putting in their bodies. I also don’t think it’s right for the same supplement companies to straight up be stealing licensed and patented ingredients (ligandrol and ostarine), or marketing others that have been abandoned in clinical trials.

Regardless of if they add SARMS to the list, just like many other chemicals and substances people will have no problem finding them or using them.

If I were you though and you really like SARMS I would stock up like crazy. If I could go back to 2002 I would stock up so hard on all the first generation PH/PS.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Alcohol kills 5,000x more people than SARMs. And it's legal. Fookin stoopid

Stldave

Stldave

Awards

This line of thinking spits in the face of freedom. Next thing you know, they will try regulating how big of a soda that is legal.....oh wait, never mind.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m gonna stock the fook up and I don’t even wanna take SARMS.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Freedom doesn’t equate to being able to do whatever you want regardless of rules, laws, or regulations sir. That is all. Unless you’ve done something for anyone’s freedom then you’re just being a keyboard warrior with 7 posts. I respect everyone’s opinion and a healthy debate, but your post doesn’t even attempt to do either.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Freedom is having the opportunity to do things that harm no one, except for maybe yourself. But if a 16 year old kid chooses to try SARMS because a supplement company successfully marketed the idea that it’s safe, then that kid did not make a “free choice.” So it’s a convoluted issue because to make a free choice you need to be properly educated, but under the so called free market you don’t have to truthfully advertise.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Freedom is having the opportunity to do things that harm no one, except for maybe yourself. But if a 16 year old kid chooses to try SARMS because a supplement company successfully marketed the idea that it’s safe, then that kid did not make a “free choice.” So it’s a convoluted issue because to make a free choice you need to be properly educated, but under the so called free market you don’t have to truthfully advertise.
I agree 100%. Also something that is not generally brought up is many of these substances are being illegal produced and marketed since companies hold patents for them. Like I said earlier I believe the DEA regulations and DSHEA shouldn’t even exist, and have taken SARMs in the past.

With the exception of very few countries we have some of the most relaxed/lack of regulation when it comes to the supplement industry. Lol seriously if you’re ever in NZ or Australia go to a supplement store - it’s amazing how hard they regulate supplements. Then you have very sensible laws like in the UK that allow personal use which makes the most sense imo.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is it worth to stock up
If you use them yes. Ive been in the game approx 20 years so ive seen every single ban and i can tell you there are some compounds that i wish i stocked when i could of sd m1t etc