has TRT helped your ruminations, obsessive worrying, or OCD?

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
has anyone who has health with ruminations, obsessive worrying, or OCD seen alleviation after getting their hormones balanced? Testosterone raised and E2 in check?

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nope. They didnt help and killed my erections
I agree w prayer
Yeah, I was going to say that they caused me these types of intrusive thoughts. I do not experience them anymore after coming to God, but I had my fair share with them but I believe it had to do with these poisons too

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Do you also suffer OCD which involves needing everything organized , clean , etc, because I have this severely as well

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Do you also suffer OCD which involves needing everything organized , clean , etc, because I have this severely as well
not cleanliness but obsessive thoughts, superstitions/rituals, and indecisiveness.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That's not OCD, you're describing generalized anxiety. OCD is like having to turn the light on and off 5 times when you enter the room.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
TRT and an AI did help with my generalized anxiety. I also recommend bupropion for non-boner-killing antidepressant.

Remember, if you can't make your own neurotransmitters, store bought's fine.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That's not OCD, you're describing generalized anxiety. OCD is like having to turn the light on and off 5 times when you enter the room.
No brother, I mean I suffer intrusive thoughts , rumination, obsessive thoughts, patterns, etc , ON TOP OF CLEANLINESS

Emphasis on as well lol. Could have read my above post before making attacks at me too. I’m not that stupid and I know OCD gets generalized into this category

I have to clean / organize daily btw just to be able to do anything or my mind obsesses about it.

Last edited:

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
not cleanliness but obsessive thoughts, superstitions/rituals, and indecisiveness.
Same here 100% indecisiveness feels horrible at times. Almost like you can’t trust your own self or decision making.

Ironic enough, I suffer secondary hypogonadism and low t too. I simply haven’t tried androgen therapy so I can’t give you an answer

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Also , use to suffer panic attacks from it. Anxiety is still there constantly but haven’t had an actual panic attack for a while. THANK GOD

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
TRT and an AI did help with my generalized anxiety. I also recommend bupropion for non-boner-killing antidepressant.

Remember, if you can't make your own neurotransmitters, store bought's fine.
My issue is constant overthinking and worrying about ridiculous scenarios

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No brother, I mean I suffer intrusive thoughts , rumination, obsessive thoughts, patterns, etc , ON TOP OF CLEANLINESS

Emphasis on as well lol. Could have read my above post before making attacks at me too. I’m not that stupid and I know OCD gets generalized into this category

I have to clean / organize daily btw just to be able to do anything or my mind obsesses about it.
I wasn't attacking you. The term OCD is commonly misused. I still wouldn't diagnose what you're describing as OCD, though but obviously your doctor knows better than I do from a few posts.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My issue is constant overthinking and worrying about ridiculous scenarios
Yes, that sounds like generalized anxiety. The next question is, do you want to take Rx drugs to try to treat it or do you want something more like a supplement?

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I wasn't attacking you. The term OCD is commonly misused. I still wouldn't diagnose what you're describing as OCD, though but obviously your doctor knows better than I do from a few posts.
Yeah , idk , just a label. It was a while ago. I’m probably not even Ocd , just my personality trait.

However, I’ve had those intrusive thoughts in my younger years and I ruminated about them. I know what op is describing

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Also , use to suffer panic attacks from it. Anxiety is still there constantly but haven’t had an actual panic attack for a while. THANK GOD
You can keep a Benedryl in your pocket, it may help in case of another panic attack.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah , idk , just a label. It was a while ago. I’m probably not even Ocd , just my personality trait.

However, I’ve had those intrusive thoughts in my younger years and I ruminated about them. I know what op is describing
It makes sense, you are describing "obsessive" behavior but I would describe it as fixating and you're identifying the behaviors you use to cope with your anxiety as "compulsions" and overall you feel this behavior is disordered (it interferes, in some way, with daily life.)

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yes, that sounds like generalized anxiety. The next question is, do you want to take Rx drugs to try to treat it or do you want something more like a supplement?
well, for some reason whenever I get on cycle (and keep my e2 in check) it completely gets rid of it.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
well, for some reason whenever I get on cycle (and keep my e2 in check) it completely gets rid of it.
So, is that what you want to try to continue ie TRT?

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
has anyone who has health with ruminations, obsessive worrying, or OCD seen alleviation after getting their hormones balanced? Testosterone raised and E2 in check?
No meds for it and yes- def helped put my mind at ease. I feel much better when test is high or playing w a little of this and that. When levels get low im a wreck.

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
No meds for it and yes- def helped put my mind at ease. I feel much better when test is high or playing w a little of this and that. When levels get low im a wreck.
In what ways?