Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
my answer would have to be a definative NO....it is my opinion that technology has [is] destroying everything that was [is] good.

this is my opinion, i want to hear what others think!!!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I go both ways.

Pros:

It has increased work efficiency, outreach, and overall production from the business standpoint.

On a personal level, it saves us time with traveling directions, finding discounted prices on items and travel stays, and keeping in touch with family members that we otherwise wouldn't be able to see/talk to but once every few years.

I think it's done a lot of good for the none-lazy...

But, cons include the decline in the younger generations activities, their (real) social skills, work ethic and ability to have the patience to get things done right instead of fast, and seems to give them a false sense of reality and what the real world is like.

For me and my job, technology makes my life very efficient and productive.

For our kid, I feel it needs to be limited and does more harm than good.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I go both ways.

Pros:

It has increased work efficiency, outreach, and overall production from the business standpoint.

On a personal level, it saves us time with traveling directions, finding discounted prices on items and travel stays, and keeping in touch with family members that we otherwise wouldn't be able to see/talk to but once every few years.

I think it's done a lot of good for the none-lazy...

But, cons include the decline in the younger generations activities, their (real) social skills, work ethic and ability to have the patience to get things done right instead of fast, and seems to give them a false sense of reality and what the real world is like.

For me and my job, technology makes my life very efficient and productive.

For our kid, I feel it needs to be limited and does more harm than good.
i can understand how high tech could have benfited you personally, but do you feel society as a whole has benefited?

i am not against progress, but since the 90's technology has advanced so fast that i personally feel society isn't prepared for it. unemployed has skyrocketed, and there is more seperation of have's and have nots by far, and this is only going to get worse, imo.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
do you feel society as a whole has benefited?
Sure. You can't discount what technology has done for modern medicine, emergency response, student resource capabilities, and all businesses, not just my own.

I believe unemployment has more to do with politics and policy than it does an increase in technology.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sure. You can't discount what technology has done for modern medicine, emergency response, student resource capabilities, and all businesses, not just my own.

I believe unemployment has more to do with politics and policy than it does an increase in technology.
i take it you have never worked in manufacturing?
as to medicine, people are more sick and on more medications today than ever before, sure they can treat ailments better, but where are the cures? stop taking medications and ailments return.
emergency response has improved, but according to crime statistics prevention has not.
student resource capabilities---new research shows that students retain more from reading textbooks than computor screens, a lot of school corporations are returning to text books as primary teaching tool.
and as for business, technology was intended to improve efficency-more product less man hours-but the result has been less jobs and higher prices, looks like technology isn't cheap, lol....don't you find it surprising that so much more is being produced with less employees but prices have skyrocketed?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would say it did, but now, technology has been detrimental to humans. Instead of using technology, we are letting technology use us. Most young people do not know how to communicate with humans anymore. Some aspects of technology is great, such as medicine. Hell, if modern medicine was not as good as it is today, there is a good chance I would not be alive. I think most technological tools, such as electronics, are more harmful than helpful now.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I would say it did, but now, technology has been detrimental to humans. Instead of using technology, we are letting technology use us. Most young people do not know how to communicate with humans anymore. Some aspects of technology is great, such as medicine. Hell, if modern medicine was not as good as it is today, there is a good chance I would not be alive. I think most technological tools, such as electronics, are more harmful than helpful now.
medicine has to improve to keep up with all of the health issues associated with children being sedentary, opposed to playing outdoors like generations before them todays youth exercise their thumbs on playstations. not to mention there not being anymore entry level manufacturing jobs where young parents have an opportunity to make a liveable wage, resulting in poorer diets for their children when parents are trying to support a family working at mcdonalds for a minimum wage that has not been raised in 11 years....but i digress!!!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Technology has improved my life in many ways, from my career it pulled me out of low wage jobs to education and information it changed my whole life in a positive way. Right now Im using it to learn another language. I use it to express myself in many ways I cant vent to people around me.

As a whole, its being misused and there is an imbalance of education and entertainment and that is certainly a problem.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Technology has improved my life in many ways, from my career it pulled me out of low wage jobs to education and information it changed my whole life in a positive way. Right now Im using it to learn another language. I use it to express myself in many ways I cant vent to people around me.

As a whole, its being misused and there is an imbalance of education and entertainment and that is certainly a problem.
to me even those who appear to have benefitted from technology seem to be miserable. stress from good jobs is overwelming many i see around me, either from fear of losing that good job or the demands employers make to keep said job. i just see so many stressed out pissed off at the world people these days...what makes it bad is those who do have good jobs are so miserable they feel compelled to pass on their misery to the poor guy at walmart or macdonalds who really is the one who should be miserable.

before the 90's when technology seemed to take off people just seemed to be more happier...just my opinion.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Mark my words... the very reason technology has advanced millions of lives will be the same reason it will destroy them... figuratively speaking... the grid will collapse

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Mark my words... the very reason technology has advanced millions of lives will be the same reason it will destroy them... figuratively speaking... the grid will collapse
it has to collapse...there is no way it is sustainable!!!