Has anyone used boron ?

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
Anyone have blood work that showed boron making a difference in free test and lowering shbg?

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone have blood work that showed boron making a difference in free test and lowering shbg?
I know there are a couple studies showing it does. I have only used it with LJ in Viron and noticed a pretty big difference from just regular lj100. All anecdotal but based on my experience I would say it probably does but not sure to what extent. Are you looking at running just boron?

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
Free test is low. Total test is fine. Shbg higher end. Just looking for something. Not real sure the cause of low free test, as everything else seems fine

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Give it a try. RYAN15 for a discount.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
I'll probably pick up a bottle of boron to see if it enhances my TRT at all. I don't expect much though.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use about 12mg a day and have noticed an improvement in both free and total test, but I am also using stinging nettle, pregnenolone, and DHEA, so no real way to know how / if the boron is contributing to the overall boost. There are virtually no negatives so I cannot see any issue with trying it other than $

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
20mg of active boron per day was enough to budge my free testosterone up and decrease my SHBG. I did have monthly blood work, as I was on TRT, but I have no idea where there papers are now

Last edited:
bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Free test is low. Total test is fine. Shbg higher end. Just looking for something. Not real sure the cause of low free test, as everything else seems fine
You just looking for a more 'natural' choice? Ie Boron...

If not then Proviron would be the best choice for your exact issue. Huge impact on lowering SHGB and raising free test levels.

Personally have tried it and felt a huge difference (Sex drive & Mental state) in a short space of time. Bloodwork showed my free test levels we're well elevated from my prior bloodwork.

Just an extra option anyway

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
Yep. Does proviron shut you down? We are trying to conceive and don’t want any shut down right now. How long do you run proviron?

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I did. 12mg a day. Didn't really see/feel much of a difference though. I didn't do blood tests. Personally, I prefer M-Test.

bcruder

Awards
I use about 12mg a day and have noticed an improvement in both free and total test, but I am also using stinging nettle, pregnenolone, and DHEA, so no real way to know how / if the boron is contributing to the overall boost. There are virtually no negatives so I cannot see any issue with trying it other than $
Agreed regarding the cost. Mineral supplements are grossly overpriced. Essentially any mineral supplement can be found in bulk (pounds to kilos for $10-$30) and at a purity equivalent to food grade even if it is not marked as such. Some can be found at the grocery store and the rest at Amazon.

Borax, the sodium salt of boric acid is more soluble and safer than the boric acid found in capsules, the latter being sold to kill insects. A $3.00 box of laundry borax used to boost detergent for clothes or dish washing is pure enough and will last a lifetime.

The same is true for my $8 one-ounce jar of iodine crystals. It was sold at the feed store so that one could make one's own antiseptic solution for horses. My horses never needed it and as a supplement the jar of iodine crystals will outlive me. I recollect that smaller quantities may be found at REI to purify water when hiking. One must grind a tiny mass of iodine crystals into a rather large amount of salt to dilute it but a batch of powder serves me for 1-2 years.

Amazon has food grade sodium or potassium nitrate sold to cure meat which is a fine NO supplement. One can also order potassium bicarbonate (mix with sodium bicarbonate) to correct blood/urine PH. The same goes for Magnesium citrate, a much better supplement than magnesium sulfate (epsom salts).

The big gun for a potassium supplement can also be found in the grocery store. Morton packages 20 pound bags of potassium chloride chunks for use in water softeners for about $12. A decent spice grinder turns the chunks into powder.

Right now, I am experimenting with lithium and strontium salts.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Agreed regarding the cost. Mineral supplements are grossly overpriced. Essentially any mineral supplement can be found in bulk (pounds to kilos for $10-$30) and at a purity equivalent to food grade even if it is not marked as such. Some can be found at the grocery store and the rest at Amazon.

Borax, the sodium salt of boric acid is more soluble and safer than the boric acid found in capsules, the latter being sold to kill insects. A $3.00 box of laundry borax used to boost detergent for clothes or dish washing is pure enough and will last a lifetime.

The same is true for my $8 one-ounce jar of iodine crystals. It was sold at the feed store so that one could make one's own antiseptic solution for horses. My horses never needed it and as a supplement the jar of iodine crystals will outlive me. I recollect that smaller quantities may be found at REI to purify water when hiking. One must grind a tiny mass of iodine crystals into a rather large amount of salt to dilute it but a batch of powder serves me for 1-2 years.

Amazon has food grade sodium or potassium nitrate sold to cure meat which is a fine NO supplement. One can also order potassium bicarbonate (mix with sodium bicarbonate) to correct blood/urine PH. The same goes for Magnesium citrate, a much better supplement than magnesium sulfate (epsom salts).

The big gun for a potassium supplement can also be found in the grocery store. Morton packages 20 pound bags of potassium chloride chunks for use in water softeners for about $12. A decent spice grinder turns the chunks into powder.

Right now, I am experimenting with lithium and strontium salts.
There is definitely something worth looking into with the salts. I add Mineral Salt and Potassium Chloride to my drinking water ever day. I've noticed that I don't require near the amount of water that I used to. Assume its hydrating me much better.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Give it a try. RYAN15 for a discount.
This! I love this stuff. looks basic but it works! I can tell when I'm not taking it. labido and additude is less when Im not using it.
It been awhile. I have been logging stuff and didn't want to mix anything. Still got 2 bottles in the stash.