Has anyone tried Nurtrisystem or other meal delivery services?

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm trying to do a cut but I'm having a lot of trouble getting my diet straight, so I was wondering if anyone has ever tried any of these services and how were they and how were your results?

Thanks,
-SS

P.S. - I know meal prep is easy and etc etc, but I'm a lazy procrastinator and can't really get it together.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have not because i'm cheap :) But I know typically near larger cities there is always a local place that does healthy pre made meal deliveries.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have not because i'm cheap :) But I know typically near larger cities there is always a local place that does healthy pre made meal deliveries.
I guess I could look around, I'm not sure what kind of shop that would be called though. But, I keep hearing these advertisements for the premade meal delivery services and so the piqued my interest.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm trying to do a cut but I'm having a lot of trouble getting my diet straight, so I was wondering if anyone has ever tried any of these services and how were they and how were your results?

Thanks,
-SS

P.S. - I know meal prep is easy and etc etc, but I'm a lazy procrastinator and can't really get it together.
Sorry to be blunt but it sounds like you aren't really motivated to do much. You say you're "trying" to do a cut but can't get your diet straight (setting macros is very easy) and don't want to cook (which is also very easy). If you can't get your nutrition right or find motivation for the basics then you aren't taking your training seriously. If you take about 1-2 hours a day one day a week you can prep your meals for the week easily. Bulk cook, measure, and put into individual containers. Nutrition and sleep are weightlifting 101.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sorry to be blunt but it sounds like you aren't really motivated to do much. You say you're "trying" to do a cut but can't get your diet straight and don't want to cook. If you can't get your nutrition right then you aren't taking your training seriously. If you take about 1-2 hours a day one day a week you can prep your meals for the week easily. Bulk cook, measure, and put into individual containers. Nutrition and sleep are weightlifting 101.
I know, I know. I'm a lazy slob. But, what can I say? I could list off a bunch of excuses about my personal life and what a mess am, but those are probably just stuff you don't want to hear and I'm kind of embarrassed to talk about. These are the kinds of responses I was not looking for. Just feedback on if anyone has tried these types of things before.

But, I do have my sleep down good. :)

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know, I know. I'm a lazy slob. But, what can I say? I could list off a bunch of excuses about my personal life and what a mess am, but those are probably just stuff you don't want to hear and I'm kind of embarrassed to talk about. These are the kinds of responses I was not looking for. Just feedback on if anyone has tried these types of things before.

But, I do have my sleep down good. :)
So a meal service fixes everything? Seems like that is just adding to the problem. What I'm saying is you need to solidify the basics and start from point A.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
So a meal service fixes everything? Seems like that is just adding to the problem. What I'm saying is you need to solidify the basics and start from point A.
I don't exactly follow. I mean, once I start my cutting cycle, I'm going to have my training down, I already have some cutting goodies, I'm just lazy about cooking. I really just want to sit down and eat a meal that's already prepared and I'm a really picky eater so I can't eat chicken and rice for every meal, I would just get so sick of it.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I havent tried it myself, but IF i lived in the US and needed a meal prep company i would go for Stan Efferdings Vertical Meals.
But I am bias as ive followed his diet for a couple of years and the foods really sit well with me. Its not cheap either, but you could take a look.

https://excelev8.com/meals/

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They are overpriced and pretty much just chicken n broccoli. Seriously you can make meals quickly and tasty. I make French toast every morning and lunch is usually wraps. Make them both in under 5 mins and comes out to 175g of protein between those 2 meals alone

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't exactly follow. I mean, once I start my cutting cycle, I'm going to have my training down, I already have some cutting goodies, I'm just lazy about cooking. I really just want to sit down and eat a meal that's already prepared and I'm a really picky eater so I can't eat chicken and rice for every meal, I would just get so sick of it.
In all seriousness, if you don’t have a solid diet, you can take all the cutting goodies you want and you’ll end up failing in the end. Meal prep on Sunday and you’ll have all your meals for the week. Even with the meal delivery companies, you still have to cook the food.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nutrisystem meals do not provide a sufficient amount of protein. I did their system and had to add a lot of my protein isolate shakes to get a gram of protein per pound of body weight. Their diet is geared toward sedentary folks not bodybuilders and therefore their macros suck as$!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I make French toast every morning and lunch is usually wraps. Make them both in under 5 mins and comes out to 175g of protein between those 2 meals alone
French toast every morning! Can you make pre made breakfast & dinner and ship it to me ;)

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
French toast every morning! Can you make pre made breakfast & dinner and ship it to me ;)
haha seriously watching Remington James videos has changed my whole mind on cutting. French toast, crunch wraps and pizzas is all I make now and getting in around 250-300g if protein a day.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
The one problem I have is I'm allergic to sugar. So, I have try my best that avoid meals with them. Maple syrup, agave, all that **** excepts splenda, saccharine, aspartame, and stevia are the only things I can tolerate.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don't follow exactly. I'm going to train, I'm going to be taking some special supplements, and I'm going to do a lot of cardio. The meals are just hard for me too do, because like I said I'm just a picky eater. I can prep a lot of chicken breasts, but I'd have to use different marinades for each batch because I just can't stand eating the same meal over and over. I just don't have the discipline or tolerance to do it.

In all seriousness, if you don’t have a solid diet, you can take all the cutting goodies you want and you’ll end up failing in the end. Meal prep on Sunday and you’ll have all your meals for the week. Even with the meal delivery companies, you still have to cook the food.
I know, I know. I used to do it in the past. I would have one meal of fish, one meal of chicken, and one meal of some kind of steak. But I have serious anxiety and depression and it keeps me from doing everything I want to the fullest. That's really my problem.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I know, I know. I used to do it in the past. I would have one meal of fish, one meal of chicken, and one meal of some kind of steak. But I have serious anxiety and depression and it keeps me from doing everything I want to the fullest. That's really my problem.
Whatever you ‘stack’ is just going to exacerbate the above...Especially coming off and losing that enhanced looking physique and some strength...

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I mean if money is no issue,...You could buy tons of pre made chicken salads and lunchables, plus ready to drink protein shakes and probably reach the same results...

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I mean if money is no issue,...You could buy tons of pre made chicken salads and lunchables, plus ready to drink protein shakes and probably reach the same results...
That's basically what I'm trying to do. I'm drinking a lot of RTDs (I got sink of blending up my protein, and plus they quit making the vegetarian protein powder I really liked)