Has anyone noticed elevated anxiety while taking multivitamin?

peakgainz

Awards
Hey guys,

I started taking 2 weeks ago these : Orange Triad , EAA's(with 100mg of caffeine), another brand of whey protein that than the one I took last time, and an electrolyte supp(half intra workout) wich I had since some time called power pak contains large amounts of b6 and b12 vitamins.

Last week I was feeling more euphoric and energetic than before, then I started to feel too much energy and overactived nervous system that it gives anxiety, some depression, slight rapid heartbeat, flushing, hard time to sleep at night and keep sleeping, more vivid dreams , a weird feeling of exhausted body but not tired mind.

I felt like this before and I tried to notice what I was taking/doing at these times when I was having these sensations. The common thing is taking full dose of multivitamin. I will try to cut the electrolyte supp and orange triad from today and see what will change, and keep the caffeine in the EAA's supp. I also suspect an artificial sweetener in the whey protein but not sure if it will give some of the "positive side effects".

Has anyone noticed something similar on a multivitamin?

peakgainz

Awards
Is this a joke lol
No, there are many people who get recommended to take high doses of some of the vitamin b family to treat mood problems end up with worst than before starting to taking them up. fyi some countries in europe banned some supplements because there is more than 100% of RDA of B3 niacin for liver concern.
also high amounts of some minerals compared to others can affect nervous system to some point from what I saw.

I'm still not sure, but I think some vitamins/minerals aren't so innocent and harm free as believed when taken in high doses.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Given the amount of people who have purchased vitamins each year, and the number of people who have elevated anxiety - I am 100% positive there are at least a few people, probably many, who have noticed elevated anxiety while taking a multivitamin.

Similarly, given the number of people who drink water (all of us) and the number of people who have elevated anxiety - I am 100% certain that there a large number of people who have noticed elevated anxiety while drinking water as well. Pretty much everyone who has elevated anxiety as a matter of fact.

Will the multivitamin be the cause? Fairly unlikely...I don't think they are the cause of your problems. But if they are, you are probably right that it would be a significant overdose of a specific nutrient.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I see your anxiety is to the point of making you bold your entire post, therefore defeating the point of bolding anything in the first place.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, there are many people who get recommended to take high doses of some of the vitamin b family to treat mood problems end up with worst than before starting to taking them up. fyi some countries in europe banned some supplements because there is more than 100% of RDA of B3 niacin for liver concern.
also high amounts of some minerals compared to others can affect nervous system to some point from what I saw.

I'm still not sure, but I think some vitamins/minerals aren't so innocent and harm free as believed when taken in high doses.

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Switch up the multi. It’s probably one specific ingredient that’s causing it. I’ve experienced it but it was with Mega Men Energy and Metabolism back when I used to shop at GNC. It was because of the added caffeine/whatever else they added for energy and metabolic boost.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I honestly dont think its the multi. Whats the point of the caffeine??? Have you only been using the caffeine for energy and its only been used for 2 weeks? I love OT but I also only take it at 1/2 the dose. For me its 2 fold and puts me exactly where im projected to be. Ive used it for years and found no major issues to date. Shame to hear this happening to you.

Have you considered whats on your mind before your workday after you take your morning supps? I think theres other variables to consider here as well.

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Could also be a dye or a sweetener in the EAAs or electrolyte

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey guys,

2 weeks with these supplements, can it be the multi-vitamin?
Supplements
  • Orange Triad EAA - (Did you mean Purple Wrath Intra-workout)?
  • Protein
  • Electrolyte Supplement Power Pak w/ B6 / B12 in it (Trace Minerals Stamina Power Pak by chance?)
Symptoms
  • Rapid Heartbeat
  • Flushing
  • Restless Sleep
  • Vivid Dreams
Together that's 15mg Niacin, 20mg B6, 30mcg B12. You can take a lot more B3 without having any issues. You are experiencing Niacin Flush. You're just sensitive to it, plus Purple Wrath has Beta Alanine in it., which gives the tingles too. I love me some BA. You get used to that and the tingles go away.

The dreams are from the added Magnesium + Zinc. It's your average ZMA supplement which is a good thing.

My best guess so far is, you workout at night and too close to bedtime. Your mind is racing but your body is just tired. Try changing up your routine. Try getting up at 4-5am and workout, then stay up. You'll sleep like a bear.

:afro:

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Not generally but watch out some, like SWISS and vitabolics put in extras they think men wont even think about (stuff you find in test boosters and the like, or cholestorol reducing/blood pressure herbs)

Some vitmains go way over the top thinking were all dying of Vit B deficiency, but really they are a sort of stimulant.

So go low or go home on this one, theyre at best an insurance policy against deficiency, not a fix all. In fact, I got ill on vitamins over xmas from the flu when my vitamin A& D source was much better from Cod Liver oil's natural source which gets me through winter with never having even a snuffle. Once I switched all symptoms went away and even when the whole office was coughing, I was sat there amongst it all, with no problems.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think multivitamins are a joke in general

peakgainz

Awards
thank you guys for chiming in. justhere4comm yes it's Trace Minerals Stamina power pak , but the EAA is pre amino by rule1 (I wanted to go for another EAA but wasn't avaliable at that time). I guess the symptoms can be from niacin flush too,I don't know how long the body will take to adjust to it. Also I workout 4-5pm most of time.
HIT4ME yes gotcha, and I hope it's not the multivitamin , because my diet is deficient in vit D,E and calcuim.

Anyway I planned on stopping OT and Power pak for a week and see how I feel. If you guys like I will keep you posted. As I did today and I didn't have the same response after workout especially as I had and I didn't visit the toilet every now and then. Is it a coincidence maybe, but time will show.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thank you guys for chiming in. justhere4comm yes it's Trace Minerals Stamina power pak , but the EAA is pre amino by rule1 (I wanted to go for another EAA but wasn't avaliable at that time). I guess the symptoms can be from niacin flush too,I don't know how long the body will take to adjust to it. Also I workout 4-5pm most of time.
HIT4ME yes gotcha, and I hope it's not the multivitamin , because my diet is deficient in vit D,E and calcuim.

Anyway I planned on stopping OT and Power pak for a week and see how I feel. If you guys like I will keep you posted. As I did today and I didn't have the same response after workout especially as I had and I didn't visit the toilet every now and then. Is it a coincidence maybe, but time will show.
a multivitamin won't have enough vit D and E in it if you are deficient, you should be supplementing those separately....my wife was deficient of vit D and doctor put her on 50,000 iu once a week.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've had the same experience with magnesium. That's my guess.