Has anyone here taken Accutane?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to here people's input. My doctor prescribed me accutane today 80mg for 5 months.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
**** dries ya out. Took it when I was 14 or 15 for 6 months. I still get cystic acne but not as bad

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
**** dries ya out. Took it when I was 14 or 15 for 6 months. I still get cystic acne but not as bad
Yeah I was on a low dose years ago 20mg, but now my newer doctor want me to be on a higher dose for a shorter duration. I just hope it won't effct training. Last time I took it, I wasn't even lifting.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I took it about 15 years ago when I was in high school. I had acne on my face that wouldn't go away with traditional methods. Took this and it was gone and never came back!

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
On 40 mg daily

Right now have been for 2 months. Acne is a **** ton better bit god damn am I dry as ****.

Doesnt effect training but I wouldnt mess with any hardcore methyls

jonson789

Awards
Hi...!
I am using Accutane from last two months and am feeling very good change in my skin its very helpful for oily skin,however avoid from this if you have any kind of allergy .Always take Accutane with a full glass of water.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
On 40 mg daily

Right now have been for 2 months. Acne is a **** ton better bit god damn am I dry as ****.

Doesnt effect training but I wouldnt mess with any hardcore methyls
Isn't it "hard" on your liver?

ironyogi

ironyogi

Awards
I've heard horror stories about it being super toxic, but you guys seem to have done ok with it.

I've been taking some PH's and my bacne has gotten out of control. A few days ago I found on an acne forum, the vinegar cure. (acne . com) I believe it was. Anyways, the people there seem to have had really good luck with it.

So far, after not even a week, maybe 5 days or so - my face is almost completely clear, it definitely was not when I started this. Back is clearing up, albeit a bit slower.

Definite improvements tho. Seems to dry things up and I guess anti-bacterial or something. Smell pretty much goes away once it dries.

If this really does clear up my bacne (like in a couple weeks from now) best believe I'll be letting errone know about it.

Good luck with the accutane bro. I wouldn't do it, but I pretty much avoid any kind of pharma if I can. That's just how I roll.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Was a lifesaver for me. I've used it twice at higher dosages, once when I was a teen. Another time about 5 years ago.

I'll use it at 20mg daily for a few weeks whenever starting or finishing a cycle... basically whenever hormonal imbalance is in effect.

It is hard on the liver, but at 20mg daily, it's not bad. That's a very low dose.

hrdgain81

hrdgain81

Awards
I took it when I was 15, and I seriously hope doctors are not still giving this stuff to kids. It was amazing for my acne, but sent me into some serious depression. I was told by another doctor years later that studies were done showing that it had an adverse effect on brain chemistry in teens (linked to depression and suicide).

Take that for what it is worth (hearsay), I don't have any studies to back that up, but you may want to discuss with your doctor if you have any concerns in that area.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Same exact experience as hrdgain81. I had terrible cystic acne bordering on being acne congolobata and accutane did reduce it better than any other drug, but looking back those were also the blackest years of my life in regards to depression. Also had hairloss starting around age 19-20.

ironyogi

ironyogi

Awards
I'm pretty sure I remember seeing one of those ads on TV like "if you suffered such and such while on Accutane..." Then you call and get in on like a group settlement.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Well I've started on it and so far no side effects. It's either take this, or be on anitbiotics the rest of my life. I've had skin problems since I was 10.

hrdgain81

hrdgain81

Awards
Well I've started on it and so far no side effects. It's either take this, or be on anitbiotics the rest of my life. I've had skin problems since I was 10.
Good to hear, as I mentioned I believe the depression sides were only seen in children and teens so it shouldn't be an issue but it's better to have that info than not. Hope it works for you Derick.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
FWIW, I get no side effects at 20mg per day.

When I took it as a teen, I ended up going on anti-depressants. I never could stay on one AD though, they'd all make me sick... So I just smoked pot and had a lot of sex. Felt better lol

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
FWIW, I get no side effects at 20mg per day.

When I took it as a teen, I ended up going on anti-depressants. I never could stay on one AD though, they'd all make me sick... So I just smoked pot and had a lot of sex. Felt better lol
This is my second treatment, I was on accutane when I was 20 and was given 20mg. I no longer get acne as bad, but it's still bad enough to go back on it and now I get boils. My new dermatologist told me that they give higher doses now for a shorter time frame and it works much better. I had no side effects the first time except for dry lips.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is my second treatment, I was on accutane when I was 20 and was given 20mg. I no longer get acne as bad, but it's still bad enough to go back on it and now I get boils. My new dermatologist told me that they give higher doses now for a shorter time frame and it works much better. I had no side effects the first time except for dry lips.
The first time I was prescribed it as a teen, it was a high dose. I was taken off of it because of really bad liver values. The 2nd time I was prescribed it, same thing, about 80mg per day. I now purposely preload it and take at 20mg per day when I foresee any issues with acne arising, and it does the trick without sides.

Sr_505

Sr_505

Awards
  • Established
I had a great experience with accutane. I took it at 16, and it eliminated all of my bacne that was pretty bad from football and hormones and such, and also cleared my face up completely. I just had dry lips, no other side effects.

Barneyruble

Awards
I was giving mega dosing carnt remember how long am sure was 6 month in total might have been 80mg aday or 100mg a day for verry bad acne had to stop gym swimming alot of everyday life things but it done the job but my joints took a beating that was before
image-1948478915.jpg
This is after
image-442822445.jpg
And about 2 year on and had injections to reduce scaring
image-2475781439.jpg
image-3860468254.jpg
I sufferd bad

And the dry lips was a killer also found this one of my back

image-772135695.jpg

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Damn, sorry that happened to you. I'm two weeks in and the only side effect I've had is dry face.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Pretty much what my back looked like through my teens and twenties. The scars will fade..and the bad memories.