Unanswered Has anyone gotten an abscess from pinning?

S

Sam stack

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m on cycle and after two weeks. My each side of my butt where I pinned got super bruised and inflamed. It felt like a had a shelf on the part of my ass. Through research I thought it was a sterile abscess. Has this happened to you guys. I believe that while pinning I might have accidentally made the shot subq. They’ve gone down after a week but are still slightly there.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
One guy on here did but he improperly stored his gear

Lowkii

Lowkii

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It's called pip.... "Post Injection Pain". And it's normal. Even if the gear went sub-q it would still be absorbed eventually. It's not going to be wasted. Either find a lab that doesn't give you pip (which is rare because we have to buy our steroids illegally), or improve your injection technique. Unless it's red and hot you've nothing to worry about, and even then it doesn't mean it's an infection.

S

Sam stack

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ive had post injection pain before but this inflammation was off the chart.

S

Sam stack

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Test C, nandrolone C, and Npp/Tpp (which I just ended, it was to kickstart cycle)

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What are the concentrations? All separate vials? Or some stack with 3 drugs in one vial?

S

Sam stack

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Separate vials. Test C 125mg twice a week. Nadralone C 250 twice a week. Npp/Tpp 150mg eod.

S

Sam stack

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I might have just been pinning too much in my glutes. I try to not pin too much in the same places. I’m probably not gonna pin the nandrolone C in my glutes. That **** is painful and might be the cause

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I rotate shoulders and quads, I’ve done lats before but that **** hurt

D

DieselJD

Awards
Happened to me when I first started. Still happens, but I got used to it. I am hopinh it was the gear my body didnt like and next cycle will be better.

S

Sam stack

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Happened to me when I first started. Still happens, but I got used to it. I am hopinh it was the gear my body didnt like and next cycle will be better.
How long after the abscess appears did u pin again?

D

DieselJD

Awards
How long after the abscess appears did u pin again?
I was just rotating glute to glute, but it compounded on top of each other. 3 to 4 weeks in I added in left delt. So at first it was one week then with a three site rotation about a week and a half. By the time the week and a half roles around the spot isnt sore and no inflammation.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m on cycle and after two weeks. My each side of my butt where I pinned got super bruised and inflamed. It felt like a had a shelf on the part of my ass. Through research I thought it was a sterile abscess. Has this happened to you guys. I believe that while pinning I might have accidentally made the shot subq. They’ve gone down after a week but are still slightly there.
There’s also not too much difference where you pin, too deep or too shallow. If it’s inside your body, you’ll get the drug, and the pain is related to 10 other factors. Now you start getting red and burning hot around the inj site as well as chills w fever, than you got an abscess.

One way I’ve never got one in 10 years is 1 needle, one extra tip, 2 alcohol swabs minimum. Swab each vial tip prior to drawing. Draw with one top, pull off and swap out for a new needle, typically 25< gauge. Use the leftover vial swab to hit your area you plan to inject. Than break out the new swab and hit it again, circling middle outward. Pin deep to the base of the needle. Use swab to stop any bleeding.
I leave all my gear in a black bag and never leave it in the bathroom, anywhere too hot(80+ degrees) etc etc. Forgive me if this is all rudimentary but it doesn’t hurt to have a refresher.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I do it pretty similarly to the above but I only use one needle.

2x alcohol pads,
1x Vial,
1x Pin

Clean the top of the vial with one of the pads, set it aside and keep it covered with the pad.

Prep the injection site, scrub in an outward circular fashion, supposedly this helps keep the area from getting dirt or germs rubbed back on it.

Fill pin with air, uncap it, insert in to vial, draw out what you need.

Inject

Cover with swab you used to prep area if there’s blood

Profit

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ya the pin change is primarily just from impatience drawing with a 25+
Otherwise no issues with pinning after drawing same needle.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nand cyp can crash pretty easily. Double check your vials for cloudiness or crystals. Either way Id heat the oil right before pinning it. Nand cyp gives me PIP, not as bad as bold cyp but more than anything else.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nand cyp can crash pretty easily. Double check your vials for cloudiness or crystals. Either way Id heat the oil right before pinning it. Nand cyp gives me PIP, not as bad as bold cyp but more than anything else.
I’ve had NPP crash at 75-100/ml.
I can’t for the life of me explain how my source manages 125/ml.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Aye had that, too. Never had PIP from NPP though, and thank fuk given how much I use and like it.
I’m shooting for my all time best this next 8 weeks. I feel like 600 is doable. We will see, probably isn’t necessary but I’ll bet anything I have damn near no sides though if I do.
Most tolerable steroid ever for me.

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There’s also not too much difference where you pin, too deep or too shallow. If it’s inside your body, you’ll get the drug, and the pain is related to 10 other factors. Now you start getting red and burning hot around the inj site as well as chills w fever, than you got an abscess.

One way I’ve never got one in 10 years is 1 needle, one extra tip, 2 alcohol swabs minimum. Swab each vial tip prior to drawing. Draw with one top, pull off and swap out for a new needle, typically 25< gauge. Use the leftover vial swab to hit your area you plan to inject. Than break out the new swab and hit it again, circling middle outward. Pin deep to the base of the needle. Use swab to stop any bleeding.
I leave all my gear in a black bag and never leave it in the bathroom, anywhere too hot(80+ degrees) etc etc. Forgive me if this is all rudimentary but it doesn’t hurt to have a refresher.

I've had all of these symptoms minus the fever and it ended up just being carrier oils/ratios of them that didn't agree with my body.

OP if the lab you get your gear from uses too much grapeseed oil, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate it can definitely look like an infection and you can definitely get flu like symptoms from it without it actually being an infection. My rule of thumb is if the gear is too dark, the lab is probably sub par.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No problems in 20 years !

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes, I have. Proper procedure and cleanliness is all you can do. If you happen to get a vial that has somehow been tainted, you'll get an abscess.

J

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought i had that problem on my first cycle 300mg sust-300. i would get a bump like you mentioned but it was a big one like baseball sized and red sometimes warm. I did not run a temp so i was told it likely was not an infection. I cant mention the gear here through rules, but i could on another site and someone said they thought they used some ethyl olean ? or EO that causes that issue in some problems. I appeared that brand use 10% EO in all their oils so now i ask before i buy. I have heard other people have problems with various other oils. That could be the issue. What someone advised me was slightly heating the oil up by putting it (without getting the stopper wet) into some warm water for like 10 minutes. Not only did i do that, but instead of one cc into my one thigh i did 1/2 cc into each thigh and had very little issue. If i got a bump it was about the size of a dime.

C

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So far no abscess, but i never used ugl. Only pharma and homebrew.

Bruising, yes. You go through a vein and blood pools of course.

Btw, going IM into quads is fun lol! Not painful, but i can literally feel every millimeter as the needle goes in. And like 80% of the time seem to get involuntary movements in the leg.

J

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Btw, going IM into quads is fun lol! Not painful, but i can literally feel every millimeter as the needle goes in. And like 80% of the time seem to get involuntary movements in the leg.
never got those in my quads, but have felt them when i go into the deltoid.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

The involuntary movements in the leg, is a weird feeling !!

Ryan303

Ryan303

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys , yeah just reading through this and I have issue not abscess but I pinned in my lat for the first time yesterday and it felt okay at the time but today as the day is going my whole lay from top to bottom kills ! Hurts To touch and to put my arm up in the air , any advice on what this could be or why it’s happened ? 1.5 test e and npp