Has anyone ever run into vision problems on Clomid? Do they go away as your hormone l

Mward97

Awards
Are these side effects common and did yours go away as your hormones balanced out? If not will it go away upon discontinuation of Clomid?

My dosage is 50mg EOD. I have 9 months supply from Doctor and ability to renew prescription.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Vision issues have been reported. Usually go away a few days later or week or 2.
If you have major issues blurred or spots you should call your dr.
Since your supply is from a dr might not be a bad idea just to touch base

Mward97

Awards
I don't think I am experiencing anything major but I just feel like I have to blink to "clear" my eyes a lot even though there are not really floaters or anything in them...maybe it's just drying them out a little? And I guess when I wake up I do feel like for 5-10 minutes after wake up my vision did maybe have a floater or two that went away quickly but still not totally normal for me. Nothing to worry about atleast for another couple weeks?

davesavvy

Awards
I been doing 12.5mg ED monotherapy for 1.5 years and have zero vision issues. I had same concern but mostly what I read was that the floaters were at the higher levels, i.e. 50mg ED or even 100mg ED. If your secondary, and plan to use long term, that dose seems bit high imho.

Mward97

Awards
He gave me the ability to reorder but in a couple months in supposed to go back I. And get my test, e2, etc... Tested again

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
He gave me the ability to reorder but in a couple months in supposed to go back I. And get my test, e2, etc... Tested again
50mg EOD is a bit high imo. Studies have shown clomid working extremely well at much lower doses.

Lower effective dose = less sides

However, if your doctor wants you on 50mg EOD, follow his/her direction. But don't be afraid to talk to them about lowering the dose.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Lower is better in my experience. 5mg ed gives me the libido boost without the emotionality.

Mward97

Awards
Lower is better in my experience. 5mg ed gives me the libido boost without the emotionality.
Libido boost though? What does that scientifically mean do you think? He doesn't just want me to feel good he wants the number on the paper to say 850-1100 big/dL.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
50 eod sounds ridiculously high. Ive felt a lil weird at 100-50 using my first week of pct but it goes away and for trt (im not on trt) but i usually see a much lower dose 12.5 eod

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Ah, my bad. If you're under managed care with a set goal in mind then I'd stay with your Dr's plan. Haven't had vision issues from it even after taking it for years. I seem to hyper respond to clomid so I keep the dose very low.

Mward97

Awards
Thanks, yeah seems to be a lot of conflicting viewpoints people have on it. and I meant ng/dL not big/dL

davesavvy

Awards
Just my 2 cents...unless your Dr.'s last name is Crisler or Shippen, or within the same conversation, I would do your own due diligence on clomid dosing....especially if being used as monotherapy for secondary (an assumption based on a 9 month supply).

Mward97

Awards
Just my 2 cents...unless your Dr.'s last name is Crisler or Shippen, or within the same conversation, I would do your own due diligence on clomid dosing....especially if being used as monotherapy for secondary (an assumption based on a 9 month supply).
Thanks a lot! I never had anything severe vision wise, but it's day 7 right now and it seems like the minor disturbance I did have seems to be gone/ almost gone like people said it would be

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I don't think I am experiencing anything major but I just feel like I have to blink to "clear" my eyes a lot even though there are not really floaters or anything in them...maybe it's just drying them out a little? And I guess when I wake up I do feel like for 5-10 minutes after wake up my vision did maybe have a floater or two that went away quickly but still not totally normal for me. Nothing to worry about atleast for another couple weeks?
just (and I hate to use this pun) keep an eye on it.

interested to know how you make out

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Shouldnt matter, hypothetically. I was on clomid for several years and now have shifted over to TRT. It "feels" similar, but I have the option of dosing supraphysiologically on TRT from time to time for recovery purposes.

Mward97

Awards
Do you guys think if I'm feeling amazing, and already probably literally gained 1-3lbs of muscle. Mentally I feel great, and libido is still strong and downstairs feels like I'm having erections with the strength of 1000g of test, but I feel like I'm getting maybe some bloat from estrogen? No sensitive nipples or anything like that, but at first I was losing fat almost by the day but now I just look a little bloated around the middle. I continue to gain muscle almost by the day it appears, and I am not "gaining fat" I jus appear a little loose I guess. Estrogen?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Do you guys think if I'm feeling amazing, and already probably literally gained 1-3lbs of muscle. Mentally I feel great, and libido is still strong and downstairs feels like I'm having erections with the strength of 1000g of test, but I feel like I'm getting maybe some bloat from estrogen? No sensitive nipples or anything like that, but at first I was losing fat almost by the day but now I just look a little bloated around the middle. I continue to gain muscle almost by the day it appears, and I am not "gaining fat" I jus appear a little loose I guess. Estrogen?
im sorry I have to stop you right here. This makes absolutely no sense!
"Do you guys think if I'm feeling amazing, and already probably literally gained 1-3lbs of muscle." what are you asking?
1000g of test, but I feel like I'm getting maybe some bloat from estrogen? - how can anyone compare this to 1000 grams of trest??? if you feel its bloat and without any blood levels and not knowing your past history, how in the hell can we tell you this?
"I continue to gain muscle almost by the day it appears, and I am not "gaining fat" I jus appear a little loose I guess. Estrogen? " you are gaining muscle by the day? almost 6 lbs and your on Clomid???

im sorry, im coming off like an ass but when people want to help, it is much harder when posts are all over the place. We will gladly offer any help we can, but can you please rephrase this in a way that makes some sense?

Mward97

Awards
I was saying in general I feel amazing. Yes I absolutely have already put on over a pound of muscle(muscle I had probably lost as my levels dropped). I meant my erections felt as hard/and or I'm as horny as if I I was injecting in massive amounts of testosterone. About the estrogen, I'm saying I have virtually zero "mental" estrogenic side effects. Zero nipple problems whatsoever. But I had been seemingly getting leaner by the day, and then I woke up one morning and just looked a little puffy/chubby around the middle and it looks/feels more like subcutaneous water then a fat mass. Do you think this could be caused by higher estrogen levels is my question? Does that make any more sense? Sorry it was late last night and I was typing on my mobile phone.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I was saying in general I feel amazing. Yes I absolutely have already put on over a pound of muscle(muscle I had probably lost as my levels dropped). I meant my erections felt as hard/and or I'm as horny as if I I was injecting in massive amounts of testosterone. About the estrogen, I'm saying I have virtually zero "mental" estrogenic side effects. Zero nipple problems whatsoever. But I had been seemingly getting leaner by the day, and then I woke up one morning and just looked a little puffy/chubby around the middle and it looks/feels more like subcutaneous water then a fat mass. Do you think this could be caused by higher estrogen levels is my question? Does that make any more sense? Sorry it was late last night and I was typing on my mobile phone.
all good man- lol sorry the way it was written, looks like 6 lbs of muscle in the week- i would wait to others help as this now makes more sense