Has anyone actually experienced mood swings on Clomid?

R2Dtwo

Awards
Im planning on taking this for my PCT. I know its supposed to have the possibility of making you feel over emotional, was just wondering to what extent. was it just mood swings from happy to mad? or were you straight up actually crying like a little girl?

89coupe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Stay away from any and all chick flicks! The tears are real..lol. It didn’t cause me any depression but it definitely had me tearing up a few times for no real reason.

suavmcgauv

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Tried and true though.
I bet that most people who have used clomid DURING their cycle have not suffered from mood-swings, and that the real cause for lunacy is the shutdown/lack of androgens during pct.

R2Dtwo

Awards
Oh damn, haha looks like I’m gonna be in for a treat lol. I work in an industry where everyone yells at everyone! Typical construction worker type attitude, can’t wait to sob uncontrollably in front of all my coworkers!!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
i wouldn't say it dramatically changes your emotions (some, maybe a bit) but moreso just heightens them. If you tear up when a puppy dies in a movie normally, expect a good cry; if you're normally ice cold emotionally, expect to "feel" a bit more ha... for example, my gf and I had been together for ~6mo and while on clomid all i wanted to do was tell her I loved her (had not said it before even though it had been contemplated)... so nothing crazy dramatic like people say sometimes but certainly a bit different.

and no, dont expect to be feeling rage all the time or anyhting like that.

R2Dtwo

Awards
i wouldn't say it dramatically changes your emotions (some, maybe a bit) but moreso just heightens them. If you tear up when a puppy dies in a movie normally, expect a good cry; if you're normally ice cold emotionally, expect to "feel" a bit more ha... for example, my gf and I had been together for ~6mo and while on clomid all i wanted to do was tell her I loved her (had not said it before even though it had been contemplated)... so nothing crazy dramatic like people say sometimes but certainly a bit different.

and no, dont expect to be feeling rage all the time or anyhting like that.
So if I get yelled at while at work, am I gonna start crying like a little girl?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So if I get yelled at while at work, am I gonna start crying like a little girl?
if you normally tear up a bit, probably ha. if you normally take it in stride, likely not. might hurt your feelings a bit more tho ha

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No, there's no "swing;" I feel like crap the entire time. #neveragain #trtlife

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well, it’s an artificial estrogen, so it makes you feel like you have high estrogen, and since you’re in pct you have high estrogen already. I think you can see where this is going. It also has anti androgenic effects.

This is why nolvadex is also used, because it curbs that effect somewhat, and then provides the added effect of blocking estrogen from affecting the rest of the body.

Enclomiphene should not be as bad. It does not have anti androgenic effects.

Clomid is actually two chemicals mixed, which are stereoisomers. One is anti androgenic and the other is anti estrogenic. Enclomiphene is the anti estrogenic isomer.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well, it’s an artificial estrogen, so it makes you feel like you have high estrogen, and since you’re in pct you have high estrogen already. I think you can see where this is going. It also has anti androgenic effects.

This is why nolvadex is also used, because it curbs that effect somewhat, and then provides the added effect of blocking estrogen from affecting the rest of the body.
What pct do you prefer or recommend for andros/pro hormones/sarms ?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What pct do you prefer or recommend for andros/pro hormones/sarms ?
I’d say nolva by itself. That’s going to do for just about every oral only cycle.

It depends entirely on how far the numbers have fallen and how quickly, though. If the 1-Andro study is to be believed, an OTC pct would be fine for 1 andro...

I don’t buy that study though.

Also, for very light sarms dosages, it’s going to depend on the sarm in question. Ostarine at up to 15mg may not even have an effect on the hpta in the first place.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Appreciate it @Old Witch

Planning a June Epi and 1 andro cycle...(might add LGD in)....Just got all the ancillaries

R2Dtwo

Awards
I’d say nolva by itself. That’s going to do for just about every oral only cycle.

It depends entirely on how far the numbers have fallen and how quickly, though. If the 1-Andro study is to be believed, an OTC pct would be fine for 1 andro...

I don’t buy that study though.

Also, for very light sarms dosages, it’s going to depend on the sarm in question. Ostarine at up to 15mg may not even have an effect on the hpta in the first place.
Thanks for the info. Does nolva as a pct alone have the possibility of making you develop gyno? I had heard clomid doesn’t, which is why it’s more commonly used but I’m note sure. Btw I’ll be running a very mild ph cycle of just epi andro for cutting purposes and maybe recomp. 6 weeks

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nolva is usually used as a cure for gyno.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I can’t say I’ve noticed it. I’ve mainly heard the emotional sides when going over 50mg, which I don’t do. At most, I could maybe say that I got just a little higher or lower than normal but I’m not sure if that’s really accurate or just confirmation bias.

Charlesw617

Awards
I've taken it twice at 50/50/25/25 and 25/25/25/25 and haven't noticed anything, I actually feel like I bounce back better on clomid but its probably just a placebo effect.

One guy told me "if you get emotional on clomid, thats not the clomid, that **** was already in you" lol

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've taken it twice at 50/50/25/25 and 25/25/25/25 and haven't noticed anything, I actually feel like I bounce back better on clomid but its probably just a placebo effect.

One guy told me "if you get emotional on clomid, thats not the clomid, that **** was already in you" lol
Well you’re supposed to bounce back better on clomid. Or else why would you be taking it?

peepingyoda

peepingyoda

Awards
I’ve played with it as a test booster. 25mg makes me extremely moody. As little as 12.5 gives me a huge libido boost. I guess I’m just sensitive to that drug. I feel nothing on nolva.

herosjourney

Awards
I’ve done a couple of pcts on clomid after trest + other stuff cycles 12.5/12.5/7.5/7.5 - felt euphoric from day one, almost like being on phenibut all time - superb motivation to train, feeling all emotions a bit more, just being more sensitive to everything around me.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ve done a couple of pcts on clomid after trest + other stuff cycles 12.5/12.5/7.5/7.5 - felt euphoric from day one, almost like being on phenibut all time - superb motivation to train, feeling all emotions a bit more, just being more sensitive to everything around me.
...and that’s a lower dose then most recommend!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its possible a lower dose like 12.5 mgs or 25 mgs side are lessened than 50 mgs. Try and see for yourself..