Half life?

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just wanted to make sure I have the definition of “half life” correct...if a PH has a half life of 12 hours that would mean after 12 hours only 50% is still active in the body?

Reason I ask, going through some of my old stash and found a bottle of CEL DZiNE (dmz) and have only 30 caps left so not enough for a full cycle, but could at some point do one cap per day...half life of dmz is 12 to 16 hours so it wouldn’t be completely eliminated from the body if only taken once a day, correct?
Might end up stacking it with some Msten for a future run. Just a thought.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just wanted to make sure I have the definition of “half life” correct...if a PH has a half life of 12 hours that would mean after 12 hours only 50% is still active in the body?

Reason I ask, going through some of my old stash and found a bottle of CEL DZiNE (dmz) and have only 30 caps left so not enough for a full cycle, but could at some point do one cap per day...half life of dmz is 12 to 16 hours so it wouldn’t be completely eliminated from the body if only taken once a day, correct?
Might end up stacking it with some Msten for a future run. Just a thought.
It means that in 12 hours it would be halved. And another 12 hours half of that half...so on and so forth

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes. Whatever left in the body is still active.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah, as above and as you think. Standard is 5 half life’s to get to a point where nothing significant remains (note that’s not the same as detection time just for clarity)

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most sites said dmz has a 12 to 16 hour half life so wouldn’t doing only once per day dosing work decently? Obviously not near as well as every 8 hours like usual but for what I have to work with, it would still be in the blood stream consistently right?

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So it would take a full 24 hours to be completely out, right?
No, at 12 hours it would be at .50, at 24 hours it would be .25, at 36 hours it would be at .125, 48 hours would put it at 0.0625...Get the Math now

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So it would take a full 24 hours to be completely out, right?
No that is not correct. I will use number to demonstrate how it works.

It halved every 12 hours
You start with 100. 12 hours later you have 50. 12 hours later you have 25. 12 hrs later you have 12.5. 12 hours later you have 6.25. 12 hours later you have 3.125

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
No that is not correct. I will use number to demonstrate how it works.

It halved every 12 hours
You start with 100. 12 hours later you have 50. 12 hours later you have 25. 12 hrs later you have 12.5. 12 hours later you have 6.25. 12 hours later you have 3.125
Great minds think alike. We both broke it down. Lol.

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So once per day would work decently enough for something like dmz that has a longer than usual half life (12 to 16 hours)?

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So after a full 24 hours you still have 25% left in your system?

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So after a full 24 hours you still have 25% left in your system?
Yes with a 12 hour half life, that is correct...Until you take your next. Then your at 125%. Lol.

Last edited:
Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So it would take a full 24 hours to be completely out?
lol has it explained perfectly 2 posts up and still... take the time to think about what people read don't just expect others to think for you.

Anyway, to add to all above, there are two half life's. One is absorption half life and one is terminal half life. Absorption half life means, well the name says it all; how fast the drug will enter your blood serum. Absorption peak is how ever never at 100% of administered drug. This is off course due to terminal half life. By the time all off the drug gets absorbed, some of it would have already been "terminated". I am not equating for bio availability here. As it's off topic. Absorption Tmax is usually around 3x absorption half life.
Terminal half life is the half life you are talking about. It's the half life of the drug that has Already been absorbed in your blood serum. However, terminal half life is indicative to absorption half life. Something that has a terminal half life of 12h wont have an absorption half life of 8h for instance. All orals tend to be absorbed fast, especially compared to oils.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Also, keep in mind that dosing often needs to take into account peak levels. So if you have 25 mg after day 1, take a second dose at 24h, and not taking into account Jinsun's great post and keeping it simple, you will have 125 mg and 25% (31.25 mg) of that at hour 48 when you dose again , bringing you to 131.25. Then at 72 hours you will have 32.8125 mg, dose again and so on...until you reach a point where your dosing schedule replaces only the amount lost.

As above, it can be even more complex based on absorption rates, bioavailability, etc.

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol has it explained perfectly 2 posts up and still... take the time to think about what people read don't just expect others to think for you.

Anyway, to add to all above, there are two half life's. One is absorption half life and one is terminal half life. Absorption half life means, well the name says it all; how fast the drug will enter your blood serum. Absorption peak is how ever never at 100% of administered drug. This is off course due to terminal half life. By the time all off the drug gets absorbed, some of it would have already been "terminated". I am not equating for bio availability here. As it's off topic. Absorption Tmax is usually around 3x absorption half life.
Terminal half life is the half life you are talking about. It's the half life of the drug that has Already been absorbed in your blood serum. However, terminal half life is indicative to absorption half life. Something that has a terminal half life of 12h wont have an absorption half life of 8h for instance. All orals tend to be absorbed fast, especially compared to oils.
I’ll be sure to take the time to think about what people “read” for sure! My bad.
Nothing wrong with double checking.
Thanks for the the info regardless