Hairloss worse on finasteride?

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Noticed hair thinning few years back. Never really bad. Used minoxidil. 32 years old. Decided to hop on fin 1 mg last March. Didn't really see anything initially. In August I decided to drop the fin dose to .5 mg due to no morning wood. Did that and now I feel like my hair has gotten so much worse than baseline. My hair looks and feels dead and still have massive shedding now. Anyone know if fin can make hair worse?. I have diffuse thinning so thinning all over. Should I drop the fin entirely or bump it back up to 1 mg and stay on for least a year? Or drop it and try that RU stuff. Although possible heart issues scare me about that stuff .

Thanks

kira1357

Awards
I'm skeptical that the fin would do that. I wonder how long you used minoxidil, and how long ago you stopped - after stopping it it's typical to go through a period of increased thinning and shedding. I did, then got on fin and things are looking good up there.

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Doubtful. Go on a forum for haircare for more info. Most aas users accept hairloss tbh.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm skeptical that the fin would do that. I wonder how long you used minoxidil, and how long ago you stopped - after stopping it it's typical to go through a period of increased thinning and shedding. I did, then got on fin and things are looking good up there.
Still using minoxidil never stopped that.

lanky

Awards
  • Established
is the finasteride from a legit pharmacy or underground? i took legit finasteride for around year and a half around 15 years ago and it definitely helped but the sides were not tolerable with the puffy face/legs constantly aching, and horrible body odor even 5 minutes out of the shower. i do miss having nice hair but not worth feeling and smelling like crap literally.lol

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
is the finasteride from a legit pharmacy or underground? i took legit finasteride for around year and a half around 15 years ago and it definitely helped but the sides were not tolerable with the puffy face/legs constantly aching, and horrible body odor even 5 minutes out of the shower. i do miss having nice hair but not worth feeling and smelling like crap literally.lol
Yea I get it from the hairloss company roman

x3me

x3me

Awards
using fina for almost 2 years (1mg/d cps)...
I recovered a lot of hairs at the top (but after 7-8 months), got back nice quality and definitely stopped/slowed alopecia.
No sides effects.
Fina needs time, you're going to see results after 6 months.

Minoxidil doesn't help against androgenetic alopecia (-> DHT)

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
. Used minoxidil. 32 years old. Decided to hop on fin 1 mg last March. Didn't really see anything initially. In August I decided to drop the fin dose to .5 mg due to no morning wood.
Minoxidil can effect wood? I had no idea. I've been using it (although not as religiously as prescribed) since around late july or august. I haven't noticed that issue but my hair cut girl says whatever I'm doing keep doing.

x3me

x3me

Awards
Minoxidil can effect wood? I had no idea. I've been using it (although not as religiously as prescribed) since around late july or august. I haven't noticed that issue but my hair cut girl says whatever I'm doing keep doing.
he was speaking about Fin

x3me

x3me

Awards
ah right right
please remember that Minox doesn't stop alopecia, it helps with the "stimulation" of regrowth and prolongation of the growth phase. But it doesn't act against alopecia (slow thinning of the hair. Thinning --> vellus --> death of the bulb).

byeee

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
using fina for almost 2 years (1mg/d cps)...
I recovered a lot of hairs at the top (but after 7-8 months), got back nice quality and definitely stopped/slowed alopecia.
No sides effects.
Fina needs time, you're going to see results after 6 months.

Minoxidil doesn't help against androgenetic alopecia (-> DHT)
How do you think it affected your physique. See a lot of gays say building muscle was harder and gave them a soft look without the dht.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How do you think it affected your physique. See a lot of gays say building muscle was harder and gave them a soft look without the dht.
On paper, a DHT blocker like finasteride should not prevent or make building muscle harder. I've seen quite a bit of blood work that shows blocking the conversion of DHT raises their testosterone on finasteride. I don't know if it's different for the gays though but you should check with some heterosexuals too and get their opinions and experiences on it.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
On paper, a DHT blocker like finasteride should not prevent or make building muscle harder. I've seen quite a bit of blood work that shows blocking the conversion of DHT raises their testosterone on finasteride. I don't know if it's different for the gays though but you should check with some heterosexuals too and get their opinions and experiences on it.
Haha good point. But why do we take dht derivatives like Masteron if it has no use to us?

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
no sense at all.
True true. I'm leaning towards topical but am worried about my 5 month old daughter at home touching my hair. Is that something I should be concerned about. Exposing it to her?

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Haha good point. But why do we take dht derivatives like Masteron if it has no use to us?
Well DHT derivatives can vary widely from anabolic to androgenic effects. They're pretty different so it really depends. DHT is typically drier and will help lower estrogen, however you can have DHT derivatives that are quite wet.

x3me

x3me

Awards
True true. I'm leaning towards topical but am worried about my 5 month old daughter at home touching my hair. Is that something I should be concerned about. Exposing it to her?
I dont' know, but I think the scalp absorbs it quickly (30mins?1 hour?).
In my experience the topical Fina doesn't work well as the systemic one (and it's not cheap :D).
Have you ever think about a natural dht blocker with Serenoa Repens? + Minoxidil and/or Annurca apple extract (procyanidin B2 to thicken hairs and power the regrown, 4 months on, 2 out)

-Topycal Fina
-Serenoa repens
-Minoxidil
-Annurca Extract (procyanidin B2)

Last edited: