Hair thinning advice while on TRT

p1nchharmonic

p1nchharmonic

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Established
  • Established
I did 2 anabolic cycles in 2020 (first time) and this year I started TRT (400mg per month, still dialing in dose with doc) since the end of march.

Ive noticed mid year last year that my hair seems to come out more than it ever did in the past, just a few stands of hair when I run a comb through product in my hair normally. I haven't noticed a lot of visible hair loss, so I was wondering if I need to get ahead of the game now, or what I should do to combat it. Ive heard mixed things about finasteride, wondering what you all suggest. Heres some pics of the current hair situation
20210519_102823.jpg
20210519_102811.jpg

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Get some Nizoral 2% shampoo if you can. Scrub it into the scalp and let sit 5 minutes before you rinse. This is prescription. Dont buy Nizoral 1%

If you can't get that, I carry Pura D Or and I use this with my clients.

Do the same thing with that. These are anti DHT shampoos and have thickening effects. Many users will tell you they see some regrowth.

Next look into TOCO caps. Primordial Performances Eric Portratz has a brand www.botanicalcraft.com
This will bring circulation to the scalp and contrary to popular opinion, can show some regrowth.

Another thing that works, is Castor Oil. You can spread on the hairline at night before bed.

These are various methods I have used over 20+ years with clients. I have used them myself (I am mostly bald on top) and I can get a decent amount of regrowth and thickening as well from these protocols.

But it can get pricy. You need to stay on for months and when you discontinue the hairloss returns.

For me I don't care about hair. I actually thought women would not like me when I shaved my head bald, but oddly I got about 4x the amount of women (when I was single) compared to when I had hair.

Go figure.

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m in the exact same boat as the OP.. I myself currently am 31 years old and have been on TRT around 260 mg per week that had my total test around 1,440. Yes it’s more of a performance trt but some times I come in at 1,100 to 1,200 with said dose and my DHT was around 112 when the range is 30 - 85.. my doc said either you can lower the test dose which obviously brings down the DHT total but I feel my best in that 1,200 to 1,500 range and have all perfect health markers from lipids, hematocrit is low you can name it so you can’t always assume that oh 1,200 is a cycle blah blah your gonna die.. anyhow with that said the DHT is the main culprit of hair loss much more so than testosterone itself because it is far more androgenic and much less anabolic. I think the horror stories you and myself often hear of are these people who are not on any TRT whatsoever and then get prescribed 1mg of finasteride PER DAY!! My doc says no more than half a milligram ONCE per WEEK.. big difference so I have a lot more faith in just biting the bullet and getting started.. cuz my hair loss is slowly getting worse and not trying to do a transplant right now

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, my post got deleted, so I sent you a PM @p1nchharmonic & @bradleyt1

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I did 2 anabolic cycles in 2020 (first time) and this year I started TRT (400mg per month, still dialing in dose with doc) since the end of march.

Ive noticed mid year last year that my hair seems to come out more than it ever did in the past, just a few stands of hair when I run a comb through product in my hair normally. I haven't noticed a lot of visible hair loss, so I was wondering if I need to get ahead of the game now, or what I should do to combat it. Ive heard mixed things about finasteride, wondering what you all suggest. Heres some pics of the current hair situation View attachment 204953View attachment 204954
400mg TRT? You must be a unicorn as only unicorns truly need 400mg's to reach normal or even normal high levels. That aside, do you monitor you bp regularly? Your forehead and scalp looks quite red/pink to me. When I had my bp issues back in 2015, that was what led me to believe I had a problem. I felt great but always looked flush. Just looking out. Nothing has ever affected my hairline so unfortunately, I don't have anything input there.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
400mg TRT? You must be a unicorn as only unicorns truly need 400mg's to reach normal or even normal high levels. That aside, do you monitor you bp regularly? Your forehead and scalp looks quite red/pink to me. When I had my bp issues back in 2015, that was what led me to believe I had a problem. I felt great but always looked flush. Just looking out. Nothing has ever affected my hairline so unfortunately, I don't have anything input there.
you saw he said 400mg a month, not a week right??

100mg a week is a legit trt. Touch lower than you often see but plenty of guys on here at that or even a touch lower

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Best cure for thinning hair is a pair of clippers and a hat. :)

fireworkz788

fireworkz788

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
finasteride and modafinil

Keeps.com it’s like $40 a month

timberx

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Dutasteride, Minoxidil, Nizoral 2% 2x a week and 1.5mm dermaroller 1x a week, I also had hair transplant earlier this year. Finasteride made no difference and I kept losing hair, I was on it for years, daily 0.5mg Dutasteride pretty much stopped my hair loss within 3 months or so. No side effects besides elevated estradiol, since you are on TRT I assume you will use something like Anastrozole anyways?

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Get some Nizoral 2% shampoo if you can. Scrub it into the scalp and let sit 5 minutes before you rinse. This is prescription. Dont buy Nizoral 1%

If you can't get that, I carry Pura D Or and I use this with my clients.

Do the same thing with that. These are anti DHT shampoos and have thickening effects. Many users will tell you they see some regrowth.

Next look into TOCO caps. Primordial Performances Eric Portratz has a brand www.botanicalcraft.com
This will bring circulation to the scalp and contrary to popular opinion, can show some regrowth.

Another thing that works, is Castor Oil. You can spread on the hairline at night before bed.

These are various methods I have used over 20+ years with clients. I have used them myself (I am mostly bald on top) and I can get a decent amount of regrowth and thickening as well from these protocols.

But it can get pricy. You need to stay on for months and when you discontinue the hairloss returns.

For me I don't care about hair. I actually thought women would not like me when I shaved my head bald, but oddly I got about 4x the amount of women (when I was single) compared to when I had hair.

Go figure.
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I’m looking for advice as well.

I see Iconic Formulations had a TOCO-9 product, which looks like Eric’s old TOCO-8. Am I making a silly assumption that these work similar?

pheeroni

Awards
Since i have a sign of androgenic alopecia i use minoxidil spray 5% 1-2 times daily and have seen great result if not better than time i haven't used that