Hair loss

mrjoda

mrjoda

Awards
hi, i'm 26 and my hair is getting lost and thinning, i don't want to be in 26 without hair: D currently six months without steroid, do you have any proven hair growth products? Thanks

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Rogaine (minoxidil) completely restaured my hair and I was thinning big time. Of course it’s a commitment because you gotta use it for life or until you’re ready to stop and lose your hair. I’m still running gear and my hair are unaffected as long as I use minoxidil.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'll post my standard hair loss post here:

I recommend checking out https://www.hairlosstalk.com/

They have lots of good articles, a forum, feedback from member son various methods of what hair loss treatments work and what don't.

My hairline is starting to recede and I've been using a product called PURA D’OR Anti-Hair Thinning Shampoo. It has lots of great ingredients that inhibit DHT production at the scalp, including saw palmetto, Pygem, Nettle extract, and they also include Nizoral (Ketoconazole) which has been shown to block DHT at the receptor site in the scalp. There is also biotin in it of course, which is another supplement you should be taking for hair loss (although the studies are scant).

They also make a very good conditioner called PURA D'OR Hair Thinning Therapy Conditioner. It has an ingredient in it called Copper Tripeptide-1 which has been shown to reduce hair loss and possibility even regrow it. Some people use it on their own, and some people combine it with minoxidil.

I use both the shampoo and conditioner daily. I combine the shampoo with another shampoo called Everclean. It has some Salicylic acid in it. This helps force the old skin to peel off and regenerate new skin, helping the follicles stay clean and free of debris. Dr. Lee who used to run minoxidil.com (before they f#$king FDA shut him down) sold a formula very similar to this. It was Nizoral and Salicyclic acid as a shampoo.

You can also look into applying azelaic acid nightly before bed. I see Amazon has a few products with azelaic acid in them, but they're a bit pricey, and I think hairlosstalk sells some cheaper. Here's one I found called NutraViv Hair Growth Serum. It contains: Purified water, alcohol, glycerin, azelaic acid, black cohosh, pantothenic acid, Japanese green tea extract, aloe, licorice extract, seabuckthorn berry and seed oil, grapefruit seed extract, and niacin.

You can also buy some topical spironolactone from Hairlosstalk. It's a greasy formula and it stinks, so I really don't like using it. Good ole Dr. Lee used to make it into a liquid that was much more easy to apply.

Finally, I take NOW Supplements, Prostate Health, Clinical Strength. It has tons of ingredients to help with hair loss including saw palmetto, beta sitosterol, Stinging Nettle (Urtica dioica), Pumpkin Seed Oil and lots of other good stuff which will work internally to help slow hair loss.

Btw, if you want to check out Dr. Lee's old page, it's still the wayback machine and has some very good articles.

Hair Loss Myths
Some Journal Reports involving the various hair loss ingredients

Beyond that, the only rx drugs that can regrow hair are Rogaine/Minoxidil, which you have to apply daily for the rest of your life as well as Propecia (finasteride). However, I recently came across this thread entitled Ask somebody who's life is ruined by Propecia anything... so take that into consideration before deciding to take that.

I'm going to be starting PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy. They take your blood and put it through a centrifuge and try and get the growth factors in the blood to cause the hair to regrow. It's probably the closest thing to stem cell therapy you can do now.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I bought all the fancy shampoos with ketoconazole, copper peptides, emu oil etc, when I was in my early and mid-twenties. I also supplemented with oral saw plametto and I did all that for maybe 2 years? It was useless for me.

I also tried Rogaine- 1 dose, one time in the morning before going to work. It made me very lightheaded and I ended up having to go home as I felt like I was going to pass out. That was it for that one! I never tried or considered Propecia and ultimately just gave up.

While I would rather have a full head of hair than not- I get just as many compliments with a buzzed/shaved head as I ever did when I had hair. It’s not the worst thing in the world and I rarely even think about it.

mrjoda

mrjoda

Awards
thank you for your advice and recommendations. Guys what do you think about finasteride? combined with steroids its problem? I want to start a cycle of tst e + dbol

timberx

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I take 6x a week finasteride + minox 2x daily, 1x a week dutasteride. I ordered also a dermaroller (1.5mm), will roll 1x a week. Dermaroller makes minox more effective.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I bought all the fancy shampoos with ketoconazole, copper peptides, emu oil etc, when I was in my early and mid-twenties. I also supplemented with oral saw plametto and I did all that for maybe 2 years? It was useless for me.

I also tried Rogaine- 1 dose, one time in the morning before going to work. It made me very lightheaded and I ended up having to go home as I felt like I was going to pass out. That was it for that one! I never tried or considered Propecia and ultimately just gave up.

While I would rather have a full head of hair than not- I get just as many compliments with a buzzed/shaved head as I ever did when I had hair. It’s not the worst thing in the world and I rarely even think about it.
Some people just lose in the genetic lottery. Unfortunately, you're one o f them.

thank you for your advice and recommendations. Guys what do you think about finasteride? combined with steroids its problem? I want to start a cycle of tst e + dbol
Are you currently losing your hair or just worried about losing your hair?

mrjoda

mrjoda

Awards
I have very thin hair on the back of my head.
My father is 60 yo and he does not
have this problem, he still has thick hair

CarylFairhurst

CarylFairhurst

Awards
There are various serums, masks, and hair growth creams, but this doesn't work for everyone. Some hair loss is completely normal. On average, each person loses up to 100 hairs a day. The situation becomes critical only when the hair suddenly falls out in clumps and stops growing. I faced this problem at 34, so I had to decide on a hair transplant. The procedure was successful, and my hair had one strange feature. The scalp stays clean for a very long time. I use only Oribe dry shampoo. At first, I could not understand what was wrong with me, but later I appreciated the benefits of this strangeness.

Last edited:
poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anyone here using oral minoxidil?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

timberx

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Anyone here using oral minoxidil?
Yes, I started Oral minox ~1 month ago, it is definitely working. My eyebrows are growing very fast, I have to trim them every 4-5 days now, otherwise I look like Anthony Davis. No side effects.