Hair loss treatment

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey guys does anyone have any routine or products they recommend to help keep their hair? obviously I know about fin/duta/minox, but anything else you have found really works?

I have tried dermarolling 1.5mm once a week and found it kind of works for the top of the head and sides, but not really for the hairline or the crown. Red light therapy seemed to have a benefit, but time consuming.

Before anyone comes in and says shave it, please understand this is not a solution to some people and creates more dramas in ways you might not understand.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hey guys does anyone have any routine or products they recommend to help keep their hair? obviously I know about fin/duta/minox, but anything else you have found really works?

I have tried dermarolling 1.5mm once a week and found it kind of works for the top of the head and sides, but not really for the hairline or the crown. Red light therapy seemed to have a benefit, but time consuming.

Before anyone comes in and says shave it, please understand this is not a solution to some people and creates more dramas in ways you might not understand.
If going bald is in the cards for you then eventually it's gonna happen. Start saving for a hair transplant. Not kidding. If I knew there was a good possibility I was going to loose my hair sooner or later I would start saving

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Go look at mpmd website in the hair section. His hair has gotten dramatically better over the past 4-5 years

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Go look at mpmd website in the hair section. His hair has gotten dramatically better over the past 4-5 years
Yeah I watch his videos all the time, was just wondering if people had any input or other things not more mainstream that work for them

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In4 what others may be using.
I have a nearly shaved head now, for the last 4 months and have been derma rolling daily while using minoxidil, a natural product called kevis8 (an aunt gave me a bag full of it after my uncle had passed) and a couple pumps of Apex Helios (for kicks) and waaaaaiting for Virile Mane/Evomuse to drop. Has it been working? at times and in certain lights I think it has and in others, I think not as much, was going to give it a year before just completely throwing in the towel.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
In4 what others may be using.
I have a nearly shaved head now, for the last 4 months and have been derma rolling daily while using minoxidil, a natural product called kevis8 (an aunt gave me a bag full of it after my uncle had passed) and a couple pumps of Apex Helios (for kicks) and waaaaaiting for Virile Mane/Evomuse to drop. Has it been working? at times and in certain lights I think it has and in others, I think not as much, was going to give it a year before just completely throwing in the towel.
Nice, yeah really need to give it 6-12 months as you're probably aware hair grows in cycles and it might not take 4-6 months to even start to properly grow after all the shedding

marcink99

marcink99

Awards
dutasteride and minoxidil as a base.

As far as microneedling goes 1.5 may be too much for your hairline. Do you get any bleeding from it? If you do, you should do it once every 2 to 3 weeks and wait 24 before using minoxidil as that interferes with collagen production.

Personaly I use microneedling pen at .6 for my hairline once a week. I also noticed that foam minoxidil works better for me than liquid.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve been reading 50mg once a day should be enough for most
Picked up some RU on the cheap (science.bio is having a pretty big closing down 40% off sale, btw) started using last week. Might need to pick up a deeper derma roller, mine is only
a .25mm

Danimal1414

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Picked up some RU on the cheap (science.bio is having a pretty big closing down 40% off sale, btw) started using last week. Might need to pick up a deeper derma roller, mine is only
a .25mm
For anyone else reading this today, they've got a 45% sale for St. Patrick's Day with code STPAT45
Their RU in PEG400 (1500mg bottle) is <$20 already without the discount.
**I don't work for them, I just placed an order early this morning is all.

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
a .25mm
Nice bro, lmk how it works out for you. I haven't started it yet as the revita's been working great for me so far. Way less shedding. I may add it when I start my var cycle if need be.

I think I use a .5mm but I'll check when I get home.

twill713

Awards
Depending on what your willing to spend you may want to look into some PRP with Acell injections.
Also do some research into GHK-Cu which is a copper peptide that shows promise. And keep up the red light therapy for sure.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Depending on what your willing to spend you may want to look into some PRP with Acell injections.
Also do some research into GHK-Cu which is a copper peptide that shows promise. And keep up the red light therapy for sure.
I know a few ppl using GHK-cu and no results for hair but it does seem to make your skin appear nice and smooth

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DS labs revita shampoo, and RU58841
Ive been using the shampoo for a few years straight now, first the regular version and now the CBD version and I think its made my hair grow thicker. Have no plan on stopping. Ive had mild receding and thinning on top of my head over the years but I think its stopped.

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Ive been using the shampoo for a few years straight now, first the regular version and now the CBD version and I think its made my hair grow thicker. Have no plan on stopping. Ive had mild receding and thinning on top of my head over the years but I think its stopped.
Stuff is great, pretty much stopped my shedding. Might have to give the CBD one a try.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stuff is great, pretty much stopped my shedding. Might have to give the CBD one a try.
Not sure if it works better, it might, but once I started there was no turning back! It does cost more and they dont have the big pump bottles unfortunately, I hope they have those some day.

I always clean my scalp first quickly with regular shampoo then I use Revita and leave it on most of the rest of my shower before rinsing and using regular conditioner. During my shower Ill quickly massage the shampoo around my scalp too.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I use alpacin castor oil liquid and sometimes minoxodil foam. for shampoo and conditioner I use re:line brand. re:line has all the good stuff in it, but also the shampoo has protein in it so it's kind of a 2 in 1 conditioner+shampoo

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Not sure if it works better, it might, but once I started there was no turning back! It does cost more and they dont have the big pump bottles unfortunately, I hope they have those some day.

I always clean my scalp first quickly with regular shampoo then I use Revita and leave it on most of the rest of my shower before rinsing and using regular conditioner. During my shower Ill quickly massage the shampoo around my scalp too.
Curious why you use a different shampoo before the revita? The ketoconazole in revita would be enough imo. But hey, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it I guess.