hair loss prevention products avail.

pumpster

Awards
can't find reviews on hair loss products and am sure there's a zillion posts here. So I'll just dive in here.

Started noticing hair loss 2nd month into TRT 250mg test e. /wk IM. w/ anastrozole 1mg/day.
No hair loss in the family genetics.
So of the available products Finasteride aka Propecia/Proscar, Nizoral 2%, Minoxidil/Rogaine 5%, what should I be spending my money on?

feedback much appreciated

deanX

Awards
How's your research so far? Heard a few good results about Minoxidil.

pumpster

Awards
hey hi
yeah found the ton of stuff I knew was out there.
Looks like the newer Minoxidil 5% Azelaic Acid 5% solution 2x day is the way to go.
My hair is thinning since I started TRT. At 69 yrs old some hair loss is inevitable but this thinning is so heavy that I'll be bald in 6 months.
Lasers seem to be the best tyreatment. check You Tube's DIY laser comb projects. I've ordered a hundred cheap to make one. Pretty simple.
They are mounted in a baseball type cap. Results have been 100%. Pictures are pretty convincing. The combs on the market run 5-6 HUNDRED dollars. Make one yourself on UTube for less than $25.00.

deanX

Awards
Laser treatment seems will give better and faster results.

exrugger

Awards
This is most likely from excess DHT from the TRT, common side effect of it. I'd look for a shampoo that helps remove/block dht from my scalp and prevent hair thinning, that should help significantly.

pumpster

Awards
hey hey
I was building my own laser comb for my scalp with thinning hair loss. The clinical data looked "iffy" at best.

The manufacturer's data supporting their claims rests on a 1% difference in subjects who used it with those who didn't.
That's pretty thin. Wish it was more striking.
good luck to all you monsters out there.

Dthcore

Dthcore

Awards
  • Established
The RU is working. Looking to start taking Finasteride here in a couple weeks along side with Ru.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I am currently on 1mg minox/1mg finasteride/50mg zinc in same pill, previously topical minoxidil... coming up on 3rd month and seem to be thickening up more, was shedding quite a bit 1-2 months as to be expected

Dthcore

Dthcore

Awards
  • Established
I am currently on 1mg minox/1mg finasteride/50mg zinc in same pill, previously topical minoxidil... coming up on 3rd month and seem to be thickening up more, was shedding quite a bit 1-2 months as to be expected
Do you have thin hair? Or thick hair with less density? Or none of the above lol