Hair loss. Is fin worth it???

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
32 years old and been having some hair loss and hair thinning. Currently use minoxidil twice a day, along with nizoral shampoo and derma rolling as well.

I'm thinking of starting fin. I already have prescription of 1 mg a day but am nervous to start and have a few questions.

1. Are the horror stories you hear about sides true?

2. Plan on trying for another kid soon. Heard it can lower sperm count and affect fertility and possible birth defects?

3. Does it hinder with gains in the gym?

Potbelly

Potbelly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Will buy your fin. Never had a problem with it or horror story.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
32 years old and been having some hair loss and hair thinning. Currently use minoxidil twice a day, along with nizoral shampoo and derma rolling as well.

I'm thinking of starting fin. I already have prescription of 1 mg a day but am nervous to start and have a few questions.

1. Are the horror stories you hear about sides true?

2. Plan on trying for another kid soon. Heard it can lower sperm count and affect fertility and possible birth defects?

3. Does it hinder with gains in the gym?
Get the topical version, honestly tho if my hair was falling out or thinning then it's inevitable that sooner or later your gonna go bald so I'd save up for a hair transplant

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Or have you looked into ru58841? Very little known side effects at low doses. It's research category tho but lots of ppl seem to like it tho.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Get the topical version, honestly tho if my hair was falling out or thinning then it's inevitable that sooner or later your gonna go bald so I'd save up for a hair transplant
This. I only recently found out they have a topical finasteride... looks interesting. I haven't taken finasteride but am considering the topical version. Also, I have friends who have hair transplants and they're pretty amazing. Definitely nothing like it used to be years ago when they did "plugs." I always said I would never get one but after seeing their results I definitely would.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This. I only recently found out they have a topical finasteride... looks interesting. I haven't taken finasteride but am considering the topical version. Also, I have friends who have hair transplants and they're pretty amazing. Definitely nothing like it used to be years ago when they did "plugs." I always said I would never get one but after seeing their results I definitely would.
Ya, I have good hair. Slightly receding but it's been that way for over 15 years and never really got worse at I don't sweat it. But if I did start loosing a significant amount I'd just shave it till I could get a transplant. I'd rather do that then constantly worry

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I was gonna use it at like .25mgs Ed but honestly 99% of people I know that use it even low dose got ED.

I know a dozen guys who used the topical successfully and no ED.

I found a good formula OTC that treats prostate enlargement w no sides.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ya, I have good hair. Slightly receding but it's been that way for over 15 years and never really got worse at I don't sweat it. But if I did start loosing a significant amount I'd just shave it till I could get a transplant. I'd rather do that then constantly worry
I'm similar. Receding in the front with no hair loss in the crown area. But a few more cycles and it'll eventually catch up to me.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was gonna use it at like .25mgs Ed but honestly 99% of people I know that use it even low dose got ED.

It's a mixed bag. There are some that get ED but I know quite a few that don't as well. The ones that do typically return to normal once dropping it though from what I've heard.

I guess not surprisingly there's been a few that have gotten blood work done on it and it seems to usually increase testosterone. But I guess that makes sense if it blocks the conversion of test to DHT.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm similar. Receding in the front with no hair loss in the crown area. But a few more cycles and it'll eventually catch up to me.
Mine hasn't changed from cycling. It receded a bit after high-school but it hasn't got worse in 15 years so I think I'm safe🤷‍♂️

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Mine hasn't changed from cycling. It receded a bit after high-school but it hasn't got worse in 15 years so I think I'm safe🤷‍♂️
Do AAS cause any side effects for you? Like anything at all....? I mean wtf

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I got prolactin gyno, If I take a 19 Nor and my estrogen is high IL start growing lumps and I've even lactated before from messing with it, it's terrible but I've learned how to control it

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gyno and acne
Oddly enough acne is like the one thing I don't get. Although I wouldn't say I "don't" get it but rather not very bad at all. Gyno is manageable with proper estrogen and prolactin controls.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
People hear the word genetics and they usually think it means your ability to build muscle, but there's many things virginitics and drug tolerance is genetic too for most people.
Oddly enough acne is like the one thing I don't get. Although I wouldn't say I "don't" get it but rather not very bad at all. Gyno is manageable with proper estrogen and prolactin controls.
Ya I've learned to manage both, mostly just through using low doses and avoiding high e2

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
People hear the word genetics and they usually think it means your ability to build muscle, but there's many things virginitics and drug tolerance is genetic too for most people.

Ya I've learned to manage both, mostly just through using low doses and avoiding high e2
I agree with that. I have a friend who has an extremely low tolerance to drugs. He can't pop an aspirin without having side effects. 2 beers and he's wasted. It's actually quite bizarre.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I agree with that. I have a friend who has an extremely low tolerance to drugs. He can't pop an aspirin without having side effects. 2 beers and he's wasted. It's actually quite bizarre.
I've also noticed ppl with high alcohol tolerance have very low sides to anabolics. There's no science behind that, it's just my general observation. Anyone I know that had a alcohol or recreational drug problem seems to handle hormones very well for the most part. Sometimes I wonder if your body from all the other abuse has just gotten good at excreting things out of your system quickly. I Hypermetabolize a lot of drugs to. Which is a good thing because I think that's why I never got into pain killers or any real hardcore drugs because they don't do that much for me. I can remember when I broke my ankles it didn't matter how many painkillers I took it did nothing for me other than make me nauseous

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Are you using the OTC for thinning hair as well?

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've also noticed ppl with high alcohol tolerance have very low sides to anabolics. There's no science behind that, it's just my general observation. Anyone I know that had a alcohol or recreational drug problem seems to handle hormones very well for the most part. Sometimes I wonder if your body from all the other abuse has just gotten good at excreting things out of your system quickly. I Hypermetabolize a lot of drugs to. Which is a good thing because I think that's why I never got into pain killers or any real hardcore drugs because they don't do that much for me. I can remember when I broke my ankles it didn't matter how many painkillers I took it did nothing for me other than make me nauseous
You could be on to something. Not that I recommend people abuse alcohol or drugs prior to a cycle to gauge/ increase their tolerance level... but there could be a correlation.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yea was looking at the fin and minox combo by hims. Assuming it would have less sides than oral. I do plan on getting a hair transplant in the next coming years. Have our first baby on the way so a little preoccupied right now.

Wouldn't reducing dht though hinder gains? We do take mast and other dht derivatives to look better.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yea was looking at the fin and minox combo by hims. Assuming it would have less sides than oral. I do plan on getting a hair transplant in the next coming years. Have our first baby on the way so a little preoccupied right now.

Wouldn't reducing dht though hinder gains? We do take mast and other dht derivatives to look better.
Do you think DHT blocking shampoo or something that prevents your hair falling out is going to neutralize steroids.... pretty sure Every guy on the Olympia stage that has a head of hair is using so.e kind of dht blocking shampoo or Fina or a combination

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

I don't think it would have much of an impact. If you look at blood work of some people who use finasteride their testosterone actually went up. So if test is more anabolic than DHT you can argue it could help. But the reality is it probably won't make any noticeable difference in your gains one way or the other if I were to guess.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
48 here and was sitting at about a 2.5 -3 norwood that came after damn kratom use and after stopping and rehabilitating my gut, it stopped but wasn't coming back. Jumped on .25% fin and 7.5% min with biotin 10 months ago and let me just say- it is 100% worth it. I have zero sides and everything has grown back and I literally have as much hair as I did in my 20s. It's pretty crazy how well it worked and I also use bovine colostrum, which had a welcome but unintended side- its made my hair grow in darker. I naturally have med-dark brown hair, but everything new is coming in really dark brown.

Anyway, that's my experience and I couldn't be happier.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
48 here and was sitting at about a 2.5 -3 norwood that came after damn kratom use and after stopping and rehabilitating my gut, it stopped but wasn't coming back. Jumped on .25% fin and 7.5% min with biotin 10 months ago and let me just say- it is 100% worth it. I have zero sides and everything has grown back and I literally have as much hair as I did in my 20s. It's pretty crazy how well it worked and I also use bovine colostrum, which had a welcome but unintended side- its made my hair grow in darker. I naturally have med-dark brown hair, but everything new is coming in really dark brown.

Anyway, that's my experience and I couldn't be happier.
What's .25% fin? Is that .25 mg? Dr prescribed me 1 mg to take the very day.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmmm someone riddle me this, if one were going to grab some research Fin at 5mg per ml, 30 ml bottle, what liquid would I add (thinking an additional 30 ml) to reduce the mg per ml down to a more easily measured level (so dosing .25 mg is doable without much effort) ?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The question to be asked is why anyone would go with RC fin when it is readily available in any form you are looking for?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The question to be asked is why anyone would go with RC fin when it is readily available in any form you are looking for?
I've not done a ton of looking around but seems most places I've seen besides RC requires an RX in order to get it...? Which, I mean would be easy enough to get, I'm balding, lol but the time and doc expense to go get an RX filled is my reason

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just go to Strut, HIMS, or any other online hair site. You fill out a form, send a couple of pictures in and boom, you are approved. Costs me $45 a month.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just go to Strut, HIMS, or any other online hair site. You fill out a form, send a couple of pictures in and boom, you are approved. Costs me $45 a month.
$45/month....idk, think I'd rather pick up board sponsor MA Labs Fin RC for $36, which is 150mg per bottle ÷ .25mg day = 20 month supply and use the money saved on other things, lol

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
$45/month....idk, think I'd rather pick up board sponsor MA Labs Fin RC for $36, which is 150mg per bottle ÷ .25mg day = 20 month supply and use the money saved on other things, lol
You can always see a dermatologist. I don't know about the .25mgs... I've seen doctors prescribe way higher doses. So maybe you can get 1mg for $45 per month and split the pills? I'm not sure but it's probably worth getting a quote. Or you can always go the RC route as I only hear good things about MA Labs.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can always see a dermatologist. I don't know about the .25mgs... I've seen doctors prescribe way higher doses. So maybe you can get 1mg for $45 per month and split the pills? I'm not sure but it's probably worth getting a quote. Or you can always go the RC route as I only hear good things about MA Labs.
It's topical. You can get tabs for about half the price. I personally decided to go with topical to reduce any chances of sides and considering all my hair came back, there is no need to go higher if you don't need.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sure whatever option, just throwing it out there. For me, not worrying about any mixing and getting the fin, min, and biotin ready to go is worth <$50 any day. Plus, I should mention just for anyone interested, you can use about half once everything comes back so a bottle lasts close to 2 months now. I actually reduced my subscription to 6 times annually.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have never had any sides from fin, dick always worked fine... but I think jelqing and pumping may have been the key factor there. I would look into dermarolling and red light therapy too

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's topical. You can get tabs for about half the price. I personally decided to go with topical to reduce any chances of sides and considering all my hair came back, there is no need to go higher if you don't need.
Ahhh, you're using topical, read your initial post as the .25mg being oral

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have never had any sides from fin, dick always worked fine... but I think jelqing and pumping may have been the key factor there. I would look into dermarolling and red light therapy too
Yeah, most don't but I like topical and so it's what I went with. Keeping in mind that all address DHT regardless, but studies have shown less sides from topical.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Interesting. I wonder if someone who has sides from the oral but has benefits of saving their would benefit from cutting their oral dosage in half and using the topical... or moving completely to the topical. The only hesitation I have with the topical is actually getting it into the scalp. Is it a liquid spray or a cream that you rub in? And is it applied once per day or twice?

I'm a little skeptical but extremely interested.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting. I wonder if someone who has sides from the oral but has benefits of saving their would benefit from cutting their oral dosage in half and using the topical... or moving completely to the topical. The only hesitation I have with the topical is actually getting it into the scalp. Is it a liquid spray or a cream that you rub in? And is it applied once per day or twice?

I'm a little skeptical but extremely interested.
Its a compound gel and part of the reason I like it is because of the smell and how healthy it makes your hair look because of the biotin.

There is nothing to be skeptical about, it’s well studied and proven.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Its a compound gel and part of the reason I like it is because of the smell and how healthy it makes your hair look because of the biotin.

There is nothing to be skeptical about, it’s well studied and proven.
Yeah I'm interested. Finasteride is proven to work... I just didn't know how effective it was oral vs minoxidil but this looks promising. I think I'll give this a shot. Is it mixed with minoxidil or are they separate?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I'm interested. Finasteride is proven to work... I just didn't know how effective it was oral vs minoxidil but this looks promising. I think I'll give this a shot. Is it mixed with minoxidil or are they separate?
Most places will customize a compound with Fin and min at minimum. You want both because fin is really just to stop hair loss and min works in conjunction to bring it back. I had the biotin added. You can get topicals with Dut now as well.

kl1234

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most places will customize a compound with Fin and min at minimum. You want both because fin is really just to stop hair loss and min works in conjunction to bring it back. I had the biotin added. You can get topicals with Dut now as well.
Maybe I missed this? Would you mind sharing who you get the topical finasteride, minoxidil, and biotin gel through? After hearing your success- I think I’ll give it a go.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use Strut. I think HIMS may be cheaper and also Roman has been around for a long time. I am sure there are many others but those are the big ones.

kl1234

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use Strut. I think HIMS may be cheaper and also Roman has been around for a long time. I am sure there are many others but those are the big ones.
Got it. Thx. I wasn’t aware that they offered an all in one option.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Maybe I missed this? Would you mind sharing who you get the topical finasteride, minoxidil, and biotin gel through? After hearing your success- I think I’ll give it a go.
I looked at them and they're all nearly the same. But HIMS advertises as their product being 0.3% finasteride and 6% minoxidil which was the highest I found... but not by much.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
But HIMS only has a spray. Strut has a gel so that might be easier to get into your scalp. I really don't know as I haven't used either yet.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Strut offers up to 10% min and 1% fin if you needed to go that high. I use 7.5%min.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Strut offers up to 10% min and 1% fin if you needed to go that high. I use 7.5%min.
Wow! That's what I should gotten. I don't know how I missed that. That's really high.

BGMilan

Awards

I'd definitely stay away from topical fin if you're having a kid on the way it can easily get absorbed trough skin contact and its well known to cause birth defects