Hair Follicle and B2

smiterson

Awards
So I have a hair follicle test coming up in about 30 days. I have been taking Biotin hair supplement, B12, Extra strength Hair, nails and skin, testosterone, and vitamin D and C. I read some where that the riboflaven from the B12 and extra strength hair supplement could cause a false positive for THC. Most articles that I read say it causes false positives in urine test but I figured it must be the same for hair follicle test so I have been a little worried about it.
I also read that ibuprofen can cause a false positive for THC in a hair follicle test and I am having a minor surgery on July 13th and I will have a prescription for it.

Does anyone know anything or have any information about this?

Ot2000

Awards
  • First Up Vote
This is a rather older problem. Today’s drug testing has eliminated both of these rare false positives as they do additional confirmation testing if tested positive. So both would be identified correctly through the secondary.

smiterson

Awards
Are you sure? This is a very important job that would triple my annual income. I dont want to get a positive from something like vitimans.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just be sure to point it out at whatever physician's office or testing center that you go to. You'll be fine, but it doesn't hurt to have them make a note of it.