Habajaba's lumberjack log of Brawn by BPS

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
First, a big thanks to BPS and lukehayd for the opportunity to log their latest creation, Brawn!

View attachment 148061

For those that don't know me. I'm 36, on TRT and train a bit different than most of the guys on here. As a "former fat guy", I'm more or less constantly on a recomp. For the past 6 months or so, I've definitely been more focused on adding lean mass. I do run a deficit, which is a bit counter intuitive for adding mass, but I still need to cut bodyfat down. My training is at home and consists of a full body circuit style lift (with dumbbells and bands) and HIIT cardio, alternating 6 days a week. I train fasted every day. Since I still need to lose those last few pounds of stomach fat, I'm sticking with 1250 - 1600 calories, 45p/25c/30f. I follow intermittent fasting and generally eat all my meals from 6-9pm. I usually allow for 1-2 cheat meals a week, because life is busy and it happens. My training and diet will be unchanged, so I can be sure to isolate the benefits of Brawn. That said, I'm coming off a (disappointing) run with Trest and Epistane and am taking a break from anything hardcore so my body can stabilize a bit.

For now, I'm running my staples: multi, fish oil, hmb, creatine, Cordygen-Nano Elite (for endurance) pre, RagNOrok PWO, RPG bcaa/eaa intra. And I will continue running Radiate (fat burner) since I'm already using it.

As someone who had great results from BPS' former laxogenin product, Androcrine, I was excited for the opportunity to log their latest iteration. Androcrine was a transdermal version which not only increased strength, but helped with joint issues in my neck, wrist, and elbow. I've never tried an oral laxogenin product, but I'm hopeful for similar results from this new product! My plan is to dose one cap in the a.m. and another in the afternoon, both with fish oil.

Straight from BPS -
WHAT IS BRAWN?
Brawn is a natural muscle builder containing 5a-hydroxy laxogenin at 100mg per capsule. Research has demonstrated that 5a-hydroxy laxogenin increases protein synthesis by over 200%, which has significant positive ramifications for building muscle mass.2 Muscle protein synthesis, in a nutshell, is the physiological process that creates protein from amino acids. Since muscles are comprised largely of proteins, the more synthesis occurs, the more muscles hypertrophy (grow).

Furthermore, 5a-hydroxy laxogenin helps balance cortisol secretion throughout the day, as well as boost thyroid production and regulate blood sugar levels, all of which play major roles in healthy recovery, fat loss, and reduction of muscle wasting.[4]

Cortisol is a catabolic hormone secreted in response to stress; too much cortisol secretion has been shown to impair the body’s ability to synthesize muscle protein and may even result in atrophy of muscle tissue.[5] That being said, we need some cortisol to function properly and burn fat, as well as fight inflammation.

Thyroid hormones, on the other hand, act on nearly every cell in the body to increase metabolic rate. Therefore, increased thyroid production acts to enhance fat loss and total energy expenditure.[6]

BENEFITS OF BRAWN SUPPLEMENTATION

Users of Brawn can expect to see strength increases within three to five days of initiating use, and muscle mass increases typically become readily apparent within two to three weeks.

The 5a-hydroxy laxogenin contained in Brawn is one of, if not the most, effective phytosterol compounds commercially available that will help you build more muscle, burn more fat, feel more energetic, and increase strength gains!

Brawn will also help fight inflammation and promote rapid recovery after tough training sessions.

KEY RESEARCH-BACKED BENEFITS OF BRAWN INCLUDE:

• Increase muscle protein synthesis by over 200%*
  • Reduce cortisol and help manage stress
  • Boost strength, power, and endurance*
  • Enhance metabolic rate and fat loss*
  • Fight inflammation and promote recovery
*In conjunction with a proper exercise and diet regimen

BRAWN DOSING RECOMMENDATIONS

Directions: Take 1 to 2 capsules daily. Do not exceed 8 weeks of continued use.

brawn_supp_facts_large.png

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Final Review -
Let's cover some of the claims made by BPS regarding Brawn...

Enhanced metabolic rate / fat loss - 5/5
Weight was 238.8 at the start, but I dumped a ton of water and was down to 228.2 in week 1. Final weight is 223.0. Depending on how you look at it, I lost 15.8 or 5.2# in just a month. I'm going to say I lost at least 5# of fat there. Which is plenty awesome in just a month!

Boost strength, power, and endurance - 4/5
Strength shot up within a few days and never went back down. Every day I feel a little stronger and more prepared for my lift. Even cardio endurance seems to be improving. Not sure if it's due to the extra strength just making things easier, or if Brawn is helping cardio endurance directly...

Fight inflammation and promote recovery - 2/5
I was hoping for some anti-inflammatory effects like I had with the former topical version of this product, Androcrine. Unfortunately, I did not see any joint relief with Brawn. No biggie, but worth mentioning. Why did I still give it a 2? I have a feeling I was still better off than without, but it just wasn't as good as expected due to previous experiences.

Total score - 5/5
All in all, I could not be happier. I give Brawn a 5 out of 5! Count me in for running this product many more times. Next time, I'll be stacking it with Epidrone, for sure. Keep an eye on my main log for that one!

Here are the before and after photos. The changes are minor. After all, it's only a month and the product is natty! But there's definitely more vascularity. The side view highlights a bit of the fat loss from my midsection as well. Before is on the left, after on the right.
brawn_front.jpg

brawn_side.jpg

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Today's lift was ROUGH. I last lifted last Monday. Between the time off, time zone changes, and the In-N-Out while traveling, my body wasn't ready to do this today. But I got in there and hit my numbers anyway. Finished in 57:00, a good 3-5 minutes off pace. But hey, I got it done and am looking forward to Wednesday's lift after being back on my clean diet and routine.

I dosed my first 2 caps of Brawn today. Nothing to report on that front yet, but I'm sure it'll take some time to kick in.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
In for beard noodz!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Definitely In

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Not to go off topic, but how was the trest/epistane run disappointing?

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can't wait to see how it compares to Androcrine!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet! In on this log!

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Not to go off topic, but how was the trest/epistane run disappointing?
Neither compound really did anything for me. Even though they are generally considered an amazing combo. My body just seems to be a non-responder to both! The only benefit I saw was more vascularity from the epi.

I now have unopened bottles of both trest oral and transdermal that I'm going to have to unload.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Neither compound really did anything for me. Even though they are generally considered an amazing combo. My body just seems to be a non-responder to both! The only benefit I saw was more vascularity from the epi.

I now have unopened bottles of both trest oral and transdermal that I'm going to have to unload.
Good to know - I was wavering between my andro/ph stack or doing trest.......happy now that I chose the former

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Good to know - I was wavering between my andro/ph stack or doing trest.......happy now that I chose the former
Your stack is solid, for sure. But trest would have probably done you well, too. It sounds to me like I'm the first person on Earth that trest didn't work for. What's funny is the milder and safer epi-andro in Epidrone was really great for me. Just never know how your body will react to these things until you try them...

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Thanks to all who have joined. I can feel the love, gentlemen. I'll do my best to keep you all entertained and informed with this log and maybe we can even get SFreed or mmorso in here to derail it.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Thanks to all who have joined. I can feel the love, gentlemen. I'll do my best to keep you all entertained and informed with this log and maybe we can even get SFreed or mmorso in here to derail it.
Hell yeah I'll derail this sh1t

In

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Cardio today was legit. Felt just slightly gassed at the beginning, but as it went on, I felt better and better. I can tell all the junk is almost out of my system. Going to be a good week, fellas!

Another positive note is that I'm finally down to my final scoop of some less than tasty protein. One more day of choking that down and I will be able to crack open my first tub of PES peanut butter cookie!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for this one! loved there TD of this. curious to see how the pills work for you?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm back and in!

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Good to see you in here Studhorse and SFreed! Hoping to get lean and mean like you two with some help from Brawn. :)

Lift day today was pretty good. Out of the gate, everything felt lighter today. Good sign that strength is increasing already! That said, I did have some trouble with endurance. Definitely got more winded today and felt a little more burn, requiring me to shake things out a bit more and stop for breathers. Still got it done in 58:00 and felt great. My biceps felt like they wanted to bust out of the skin today!

Time will tell if the endurance issue was a fluke or just the result of laxo. Either way, strength seems to be going up and that is the goal here!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good to see you in here Studhorse and SFreed! Hoping to get lean and mean like you two with some help from Brawn. :)

Lift day today was pretty good. Out of the gate, everything felt lighter today. Good sign that strength is increasing already! That said, I did have some trouble with endurance. Definitely got more winded today and felt a little more burn, requiring me to shake things out a bit more and stop for breathers. Still got it done in 58:00 and felt great. My biceps felt like they wanted to bust out of the skin today!

Time will tell if the endurance issue was a fluke or just the result of laxo. Either way, strength seems to be going up and that is the goal here!
I never had any endurance issue with laxo. It did seem to help my joints a little.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I never had any endurance issue with laxo. It did seem to help my joints a little.
Wait, now I'm confused. You need help with your joints?
[video]https://youtu.be/uJOWe02uBIw[/video]

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, we do roll them long!

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Cardio yesterday was uneventful but good. Lift today... Killer! Honestly, I didn't want to do it today. Just not mentally in the zone. But I did it anyway.

Everything continues to feel lighter. Endurance was improved markedly over Weds. Still not 100%, but very good. Finished in 49:30. Same weights and reps as Weds. Solid day to finish my week's lifts.

Brawn is definitely noticeable to me in how light the weights feel. Even body weight. Pushups are feeling so much easier. I can only hope it continues to provide this benefit for the full bottle. If so, I'll be adding Brawn to my standard arsenal. I'm betting Brawn + Epidrone would be unreal for me.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cardio yesterday was uneventful but good. Lift today... Killer! Honestly, I didn't want to do it today. Just not mentally in the zone. But I did it anyway.

Everything continues to feel lighter. Endurance was improved markedly over Weds. Still not 100%, but very good. Finished in 49:30. Same weights and reps as Weds. Solid day to finish my week's lifts.

Brawn is definitely noticeable to me in how light the weights feel. Even body weight. Pushups are feeling so much easier. I can only hope it continues to provide this benefit for the full bottle. If so, I'll be adding Brawn to my standard arsenal. I'm betting Brawn + Epidrone would be unreal for me.
Sound like you're responding to Brawn. excellent!
Got 3 bottle of there old TD that I might break out for my next 8 weeks. Might need to pick up some Brawn (Hit the Laxo from both directions)
Also have some other supplements that have been building up that I might take. the old lady says the cabinet is too full. (Stocked up on too many great deals I guess)

So far responding well to the BPS Command and Convert! If I can get lukehayd off his ass and get me another bottle of each! lol.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So far responding well to the BPS Command and Convert! If I can get lukehayd off his ass and get me another bottle of each! lol.
Hey, you jerk, I'm just now getting back home from being in the Phoenix area since Sunday morning!

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
I haven't been feeling geared up before my workouts lately. Just in a less than motivated mood lately, in general. So today I took a BronkAid on top of my PWO just to see if that would help.

Today was rediculous! I continue to feel stronger. Specifically, the weight (and bodyweight) just gets easier and easier to move each day. But the big win here... I did the same weights and reps as Friday. But I finished in... 47:00! Holy crap! I think the is a new PR. I just blazed through, minimal breaks and stronger than ever. I have no doubt, the pace is mostly due to the ephedrine. But the strength is clearly from Brawn. And even just feeling stronger speeds up the pace when it's easier to move the weight.

I am truly loving this stuff. And honestly, I am surprised how much bump I'm getting in strength. This stuff is natty. To get noticeable results from natty supplements is a major feat, IMO!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting that you're feeling so much from Brawn. I haven't tried a laxogenin product before, but this might convince me to.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't been feeling geared up before my workouts lately. Just in a less than motivated mood lately, in general. So today I took a BronkAid on top of my PWO just to see if that would help.

Today was rediculous! I continue to feel stronger. Specifically, the weight (and bodyweight) just gets easier and easier to move each day. But the big win here... I did the same weights and reps as Friday. But I finished in... 47:00! Holy crap! I think the is a new PR. I just blazed through, minimal breaks and stronger than ever. I have no doubt, the pace is mostly due to the ephedrine. But the strength is clearly from Brawn. And even just feeling stronger speeds up the pace when it's easier to move the weight.

I am truly loving this stuff. And honestly, I am surprised how much bump I'm getting in strength. This stuff is natty. To get noticeable results from natty supplements is a major feat, IMO!
Sweet! I'm so glad that all of you loggers are getting good results!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting that you're feeling so much from Brawn. I haven't tried a laxogenin product before, but this might convince me to.
Do it.

[video]https://youtu.be/JoqDYcCDOTg[/video]

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
I agree. I expected much less honestly, for a natty product. After getting more results from Epidrone than Trest and Epistane, who knows what is up with my body. But I'd say Brawn is worth giving a shot!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I agree. I expected much less honestly, for a natty product. After getting more results from Epidrone than Trest and Epistane, who knows what is up with my body. But I'd say Brawn is worth giving a shot!
LOVED EPIDRONE, going to be running it again real soon!!!

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Cardio was great again today. Actually feel like I'm improving there as much as strength all of a sudden. I remember feeling similar from the epicat in Epidrone too. That would be a seriously legit stack. Can't wait to finish this log so I can try it!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cardio was great again today. Actually feel like I'm improving there as much as strength all of a sudden. I remember feeling similar from the epicat in Epidrone too. That would be a seriously legit stack. Can't wait to finish this log so I can try it!
That'll be a sick stack!!

Cscott622

Cscott622

Awards
  • Established
I loved epidrone. Ran it for 7 weeks, came straight into my first bottle of brawn. (1 pill In the am) And 4 pumps of my last bottle of androcrine at night. I think I'm going to try brawn + epidrone together soon. ��

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Lift yesterday was great! Started off with a headache and never shook it. But I was determined to not let that stand in the way of progress. Even though it was distracting, I still put in a solid session. Finished in 48:30, so 1:30 more than my epic PR Monday, but still insanely good. And I continue to get stronger with the weights feeling lighter each session. It's been a while since I increased weight on most moves. I've been focused on keeping heart rate up and finishing in a better time (with good form!). But it seems to be time. Will be adding some Friday!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Hell yeah, you bearded stallion! Nice work!

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Cardio Thurs and today we're solid as ever. Lift Friday was real good! I was a little winded, but came in at 49:30. I added 5# to 3 moves in my final round.

Weigh in today. Down 1.4# this week to 226 even. Strength is still increasing, so weight loss is welcome! My all time goal has always been 200# but I think I'm never getting that low with the muscle I now have. Will keep my sights set on seeing my abs. Then I'll know the goal has been met!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Awesome job

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Cardio Thurs and today we're solid as ever. Lift Friday was real good! I was a little winded, but came in at 49:30. I added 5# to 3 moves in my final round.

Weigh in today. Down 1.4# this week to 226 even. Strength is still increasing, so weight loss is welcome! My all time goal has always been 200# but I think I'm never getting that low with the muscle I now have. Will keep my sights set on seeing my abs. Then I'll know the goal has been met!
you are only 36, you should be able to maintain that weight for at least another 10 years, imo.

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking 215 is probably going to be the number. Just still a little too sloppy right on the belt line for my liking. I've been leaner. I hit 179 about 10 years ago, down from 275. I was fit but not nearly as muscular as I am now. I bet 10# would do it.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Man, you are kicking ass. More weight and only a couple of minutes away from your best. I think you are much better off chasing a look than a weight. And a lot happier

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm thinking 215 is probably going to be the number. Just still a little too sloppy right on the belt line for my liking. I've been leaner. I hit 179 about 10 years ago, down from 275. I was fit but not nearly as muscular as I am now. I bet 10# would do it.
just remember one thing...if you are like most of us you aren't ever going to be 100% satisfied....but it is good to set attainable goals, and then once you meet them set new ones!!!

I have learned not to over reach, don't bite off too much of the apple all at once!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
habajaba Workout Logs 683
habajaba Supplement Logs 514