Gymnema Sylvestra as a GDA

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
I'd personally just go with a combo of Na-R-ALA + Agmatine + Berberine. Add in Gymnema Sylvestra during a cutting phase.

Need to be smart with dosing Berberine when muscle hypertrophy is the goal though, too much and dosed at wrong times can have negative impacts on lean tissue accrual.

With the above, you'll get the GDA and nutrient partitioning effects, among other health benefits.
i havent read a lot of great in depth conversations about berberine but i obviously just need to dig more. appreciate your 2 cents.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
i havent read a lot of great in depth conversations about berberine but i obviously just need to dig more. appreciate your 2 cents.
There's a couple really good threads around here on it. Search around a bit and you should find them

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lot of info over at examine if you want to read up more on it.

It can get very confusing though.

yelis300

yelis300

Awards
  • Established
I bought some 500mg metformin tabs a while back to play with but when I take one I get really sleepy shortly after. Is 500mg too much at once or what? Is there a good protocol to follow with this? Do I take it before meals, with meals? How much carbs should I eat with it?

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
I bought some 500mg metformin tabs a while back to play with but when I take one I get really sleepy shortly after. Is 500mg too much at once or what? Is there a good protocol to follow with this? Do I take it before meals, with meals? How much carbs should I eat with it?
I was on a prescription for metformin a couple of years back, 750mg 2D. I did not experience any issues with sleepiness, although if it is clearing your blood glucose too fast you may end up hypo, which can feel "sleepy". If I recall I took it with food, per my doctor, but I cannot say for 100%. It is a controlled substance, so be careful with it. I know that when I was on it I had to get regular creatinine tests to make sure my kidney functions were not compromised by it. Just every 6 months or so. While it is very commonly prescribed, and even sometimes off-label for weight loss, it is not without risk. Just sayin :)

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What is berberine dosing protocol for hypertrophy and muscle gain?

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
I take a gram on each of my 2 days off. It does not flatten me and keeps me lean and satiated.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No protocol, but I'd use sparingly and cycle off consistently.

Up to 1500mg split into 2-3 doses.

bb333

Awards
  • Established
I have used Na-R-ALA and Agmatine (both at bedtime)

I did not realize that ALCAR had GDA properties.

I have been wanting to try berberine, but just haven't gotten around to it, but I may need to move it up my list of supps to try. :) Thanks for the list!
What are the pros?
For what purpose hire them before bed?

However you should give a vision SlinMAX, I seem to have a complete profile! and I will try them in the future!

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
What are the pros?
For what purpose hire them before bed?

However you should give a vision SlinMAX, I seem to have a complete profile! and I will try them in the future!
I have a bottle of SlinMAX here and use it on larger meals. I started dosing agmatine at bedtime based on the feedback in this forum (may have even been in this thread?). More restful sleep + wake a little leaner. I take mine with my evening protein shake, so I feel like I am getting full advantage of it too. I don't bother with Na-Ra-Ala since it is non-selective about how it clears the glucose.

Dog the Milfhunter

Awards
Not beast, but IMO, top GDA ingredients, and what I use personally:

Berberine
Na-R-ALA
Agmatine
Cinnamon
ALCAR
I use Agmatine Sulfate for anxiety. Had no idea it was a GDA.