Gym closed due to corona

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mine has been closed. There are a couple things I am looking into getting for home so i can at least get a pump and when this crap is over i will be looking into a home gym.

remybol1738

remybol1738

Awards
Sucks i just purchased my home, gave my old bench an weights to my dad cause he wanted to get into shape. Now the gyms have been closed for about a month now in Pa. So i broke down an bought one for 400$ Now no one online is selling a 300lb olympic set unless you go to ebay for anywhere from 8 to 1k$. Found a guy selling bars for 300$ an 2$ a lb for plates looks like ill be going to him now. For this price for equipment ill mostly just keep investing into my home gym and cancel my membership once they open.

Joe_Archibald

Awards
So it looks like the lockdown will be on for another 3 weeks (minimum here), so 100% time to to introduce some supps to help maintain the physique. I have tried ordering an Olympic barbel but given up on that as I can only find rusty crap for £500+. @Maximiliaan I did read through the Predator Nutrition posts, which were very interesting, but I would rather save the "hard stuff" for when the gyms re-open, for anyone with some decent equipment at home or seriously want's to keep muscle then it does look more then promising. I looked and I think I will go with Elixir which has the double benefit of lowering blood sugar and the anti-viral effects of berberine + they just released a new natural muscle builder "Ursolic Acid" benefits look great and £23 for a whole month's supply, so when a time when money is short, this could be the perfect combo.

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I really do not have the room for a home gym. I am thinking a total gym by chuck norris if i can find one used. I have also been looking into these. If anyone is familiar with these or something under $150 or maybe up to $200 feel free to advise

https://powrfit.co/products/powrfit?fbclid=IwAR3HJzvKytPKV7419RKfJR9taJutWjSyOSqRDn-YcqSHRfcOcS4R7SJpQFk

https://www.gromoto.com/products/gromoto-barbell-push-up-bracket?fbclid=IwAR3U-41SnbJ9Ly7p1OV13GHV2dosq8XZGCyW219RGLtP5WYGVYoI8lu3V_c

I forget what its called but this one really cool band system sounds cool, but its like $500

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I bought a power bar and some kg competition bumpers today, now I just need to get some squat stands and a bench

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
In the uk here people are selling rusty old trash weights for hundreds of £s, I just keep trolling and spamming their listings cuz I think its scummy, they're buying also stuff they have no intention of using so they can sell for 3 or 4 times the price to people who actually want to keep fit. Really is shameful behaviour!

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In the uk here people are selling rusty old trash weights for hundreds of £s, I just keep trolling and spamming their listings cuz I think its scummy, they're buying also stuff they have no intention of using so they can sell for 3 or 4 times the price to people who actually want to keep fit. Really is shameful behaviour!
Have still be able to get deals on equipment here if you look in the states. At first before amazon and ebay made guidelines people were selling like $5 bottles of hand sanitizer for like $20. I am all about making a profit, but there is such a thing as just being a prick a couple stores actually put in their return policies they will not take certain items people are hoarding back ( toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer) and I am sure they did that because they would be selling it back if they could not make a proflit.

2manyprojects

2manyprojects

Awards
How is everybody doing? Well my gym is closed for good out of business. Now I’m out $500.
Who’s gym is open

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
How is everybody doing? Well my gym is closed for good out of business. Now I’m out $500.
Who’s gym is open
You have my sympathy brother, that's rough. I think most gyms here in England have reopened. Went back to mine first day it opened and they said my membership froze during lockdown so i haven't lost any time off it. The gym is a big part of our lives i hope you find a good one for yourself soon

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been hitting the gym 5-6 days a week just because it keeps me sane right now. If it closes, I'd go back to getting creative, but it is a nice outlet I took for granted once it wasn't available.