GUTHEALTH - CORTISOL

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
If you didn't know the gut is a very important part of our body. Stomach problems can cause anxiety and other issues such as depression. I found an interesting study showing how Gut Health can impact cortisol signaling in the brain. I am a big fan of cortisol blocking agents in the morning to remove anxiety and other issues (like muscle loss). Maybe taking probiotics would have a positive effect.

Date:
August 21, 2017
Source:
University of Illinois College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences
Summary:
Gut microbes have been in the news lately. Recent studies show they can influence human health, behavior, and certain neurological disorders, such as autism. But just how do they communicate with the brain? Results from a new study suggest a pathway of communication between certain gut bacteria and brain metabolites, by way of a compound in the blood known as cortisol. And unexpectedly, the finding provides a potential mechanism to explain the characteristics of autism.

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
Any more info or links. I love this stuff

CarneyFolk

CarneyFolk

Awards
Eric Mar thanks for taking the time to post stuff like this, I enjoy seeing more of the big picture of health.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
What are some good things to take to help with gut health? Any particular type of supplements?

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are some good things to take to help with gut health? Any particular type of supplements?
Evomuse Gut Health Ultimate would be a good place to start. I feel it has helped my immune system, I get less heartburn, food digests easier, and it appears to help increase my libido. I think there's some articles about healthy gut environment and libido.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Yeah EvoMuse is good and the Life Extension Probiotics are good!

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Perhaps SNS Reduce xt would be a decent option as well. Who knows though!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Evomuse Gut Health Ultimate would be a good place to start. I feel it has helped my immune system, I get less heartburn, food digests easier, and it appears to help increase my libido. I think there's some articles about healthy gut environment and libido.
Thanks! I will look into it

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is a gut health ultimate?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Another vote for gut health (evomuse)... I've been taking it for about 3 years straight now and anytime I forget to pack it (or pack enough) when I travel, i notice the difference within 2 days in my digestion and "regualrity"/"quality" ;)

Reduce xt is also stellar for cortisol... used it in pct as well as cutting with great results in both cases. My gf actually uses it as part of a fat burning stack since she can't have stims too... reduce xt+a few bulks she likes better than the og lean xtreme which was her previous favorite (and one of pretty good renown in general)