Ground Turkey "rueban"

lamboruns

Awards
to make 4 ...1/2 Pitas.

1 lb 93-7 lean Ground Turkey
Diced Onion
Sauerkraut (preferably fresh in a bag not from a can)

Season turkey to taste and make into 4 1/4 lb patties.

Cook on medium High heat until cooked throughly in a skillet or foreman grill. (170 degrees)

in a sauce pan saute onions in a bit of olive oil. Add sauerkraut and simmer until heated through.

Place patty and onion/kraut mixture in a whole wheat Pita.

Top with you favorite hot sauce, mustard, spicy mayo etc...
also a bit of cheese can be added as well.

Very lean tasty and tastes like it isnt good for you which is a plus!

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Q: Time..

Was there a specific reason that you chose to use ground turkey instead of sliced?

Generally Rubens are made with Sliced turkey, that is grilled, and some cheese with thousand island..

At least thats how i made em' when i was a cook. lol

Just curious, no bashin' to ur recepie

hmm.. i thought they turkey version of the Ruben was called a Rachel... and the Corned beef was a true ruben... dammit, now im curious... either way, ill add urs to the "to eat list "!! :D

lamboruns

Awards
I had ground turkey in the fridge. Supposedly it is also more easily digested. Its also cheap and easy to cook. Makes the whole thing low in fat, low gi, and really high in protien. I also like to make chili burgers with turkey chili and ground turkey patties in a pita. Really excellent.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
[

hmm.. i thought they turkey version of the Ruben was called a Rachel... and the Corned beef was a true ruben... dammit, now im curious... either way, ill add urs to the "to eat list "!! :D[/QUOTE

A Ruben is usually made with Montreal corned beef , sauerkraut,( Fancy mustard,russian dressing or thousand island,i prefer the mustard) and swiss cheese, usually on rye or pumpernickel bread.
The Rachel sandwich is a variation of the Reuben sandwich that substitutes pastrami for the corned beef and coleslaw for the sauerkraut.
Both are good I gotta try the turkey now though:mischievous::