Unanswered Greyskull Lp

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Anyone have any input on this program. Looking to gain some strength/size. Going to be be starting Anabolic Effect/Epi-Plex on Tuesday alongside new program.
5’10 193lb
Squat 335x1
Bench 275xl
Military Press 225x1
Deadlift 335x1

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This is for a true beginner. Unless you just started lifting less than 6 months ago, it’s probably not the way to go.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This is for a true beginner. Unless you just started lifting less than 6 months ago, it’s probably not the way to go.
Thank you and no I did not. I’m going to continue with my current p/p/l I think. I can’t even deadlift right now because of a muscle tear affecting my sciatic nerve.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you and no I did not. I’m going to continue with my current p/p/l I think. I can’t even deadlift right now because of a muscle tear affecting my sciatic nerve.
You may want to pull back on your training until you heal up, it’s going to be difficult to progressively train with an injury like that. The weights aren’t going anywhere.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You may want to pull back on your training until you heal up, it’s going to be difficult to progressively train with an injury like that. The weights aren’t going anywhere.
It’s not as bad as it sounds. I’ve been allowing it to heal for the past month, I just don’t deadlift because that’s the only time I feel discomfort

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s not as bad as it sounds. I’ve been allowing it to heal for the past month, I just don’t deadlift because that’s the only time I feel discomfort
Focus on your bench and seated overhead! I always could push those harder when I was hurt and couldn’t spend the energy on lower body. You may be limited somewhere but you can definitely make some great gains still elsewhere!

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If you're considering Greyskull LP just do Starting Strength. Greyskull is just Starting Strength messed with by a fairly stupid guy (John Schaeffer) who doesn't understand that his modifications make the program less effective.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
STEAKNDEDLIFT Training Forum 12