Greatest Strength Feats

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Would be cool to see what everyone thinks is top stuff. I feel it’s pretty subjective depending on what you prefer because there are a lot of ways to express strength.

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I used to have a gf..I honestly think she could do one rep...she was something to handle..once-in-a-lifetime Mad..!!
LOL
Z...

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
501 actually locked out:

Last edited:
botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
25 year old tested power lifter Jesus Olivares speed squatted 1003lbs raw a couple of days ago.
He will be destroying all his own records in 7 weeks at Sheffield. All hail.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good topic! What made you decide on stone-to-shoulder? It’s definitely a whole-body strength test, but there’s still a LOT of technique. I’m not saying it’s a circus trick, but you cannot generally shoulder a stone optimally without lots of practice.

It is a good test of actual strength in that it tends to penalize guys with excessive guts that would be getting more carryover from that leverage on lifts like the squat & bench.

I was there the year he did this. Nobody else could even come close on this event.

25 year old tested power lifter Jesus Olivares speed squatted 1003lbs raw a couple of days ago.
He will be destroying all his own records in 7 weeks at Sheffield. All hail.
That squat was still nowhere near Ray Williams’ 1,080 tested, sleeved squat (as far as single lifts go).

Olivares hasn’t done anything in one lift that hasn’t been surpassed - it’s his ATWR sleeved total that makes him the best. And with only 67 more lbs to best the all-time wraps total…he really can do it if he can stay healthy.

You put that kid in knee wraps for 16 weeks & put him on some Dbol the last couple months, he could break 2,700.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good topic! What made you decide on stone-to-shoulder? It’s definitely a whole-body strength test, but there’s still a LOT of technique. I’m not saying it’s a circus trick, but you cannot generally shoulder a stone optimally without lots of practice.

It is a good test of actual strength in that it tends to penalize guys with excessive guts that would be getting more carryover from that leverage on lifts like the squat & bench.

I was there the year he did this. Nobody else could even come close on this event.

That squat was still nowhere near Ray Williams’ 1,080 tested, sleeved squat (as far as single lifts go).

Olivares hasn’t done anything in one lift that hasn’t been surpassed - it’s his ATWR sleeved total that makes him the best. And with only 67 more lbs to best the all-time wraps total…he really can do it if he can stay healthy.

You put that kid in knee wraps for 16 weeks & put him on some Dbol the last couple months, he could break 2,700.
The 1003 was an early in his training cycle squat. But the speed was unreal. His best comp squat is 1034 and he will surpass that at Sheffield.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The 1003 was an early in his training cycle squat. But the speed was unreal. His best comp squat is 1034 and he will surpass that at Sheffield.
Yeah based on some of his recent training stuff, he seems like he could pull off squatting a grand almost any time he really needs to right now. With a 600lb bench & 900lb pull on a stiffbar, he’s definitely got the full powerlifting package.

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
All lifts have technique, I just think its one of the greatest lifts out there, especially with a non-calibrated bar/sets of plates, etc..
Cheers bud..

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Next week He'll be going for the world record by attempting to give his mother in law a piggy back ride

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
His circus db press is truly wild. Can’t remember if he still holds the ATWR for that or not.

This man is going for true love
I believe he does, thats another one in my top 3 faves.. Dudes a beast if he gets back to form post-surgery...
He did pretty well (Podium) in his last meet (post-surgery).. The Rogue one I believe..

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I believe he does, thats another one in my top 3 faves.. Dudes a beast if he gets back to form post-surgery...
He did pretty well (Podium) in his last meet (post-surgery).. The Rogue one I believe..
My wife attempted the ATWR for Lightweight Women (>141lb/64kg class) this summer. She went for 139.x lbs, pressing it to arm’s length all 3 attempts, but wasn’t able to hold it stable to get the down command. She did 130lbs well on the same model Rogue sand-filled DB in training about 8 days prior in our garage, & has done 135lbs on an easier db, so we knew she had a strong chance at re-taking the record.

One other woman did manage to hit it and break the record that day, and a third woman injured her shoulder.

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My wife attempted the ATWR for Lightweight Women (>141lb/64kg class) this summer. She went for 139.x lbs, pressing it to arm’s length all 3 attempts, but wasn’t able to hold it stable to get the down command. She did 130lbs well on the same model Rogue sand-filled DB in training about 8 days prior in our garage, & has done 135lbs on an easier db, so we knew she had a strong chance at re-taking the record.

One other woman did manage to hit it and break the record that day, and a third woman injured her shoulder.
Thats great Hyde, really impressive!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dude's insane...

433 lbs.

One of the comments that was actually a great point of reference for how heavy that way, was that it’s like he just shouldered Eddie Hall when he was peak weight.

I remember walking directly behind Eddie at the Arnold in 2016 by coincidence- he was like a whale, the sea of expo bodies just parting before him naturally. I have never seen a man so wide before or since.

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thors recent 925 pull looks great, not long after pec-tear surgery.
And still 10 weeks to to the Arnold where he should gain more size/strength...

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looks like he has slimmed down a lot since I remember seeing him last. Still strong as ever.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was there for this, off to the left side of the stage. We have to usually miss most of the Pro Men when we go due to scheduling of events, but we got to watch the deadlift. This was the heaviest deadlift I’ve ever witnessed in person, and it was absolutely electric when he pulled it to beat out Pritchett (who had just completed 1,036 with a pulled bicep, which was nuts). The biggest official elephant bar pull in history.

You can’t believe the thunder; the video doesn’t do justice to the tension before and the sound of the crowd after.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Made it look like an opener... Sick..

He only did what he needed to win - he could have beaten his 1,040 PR on that bar if he had anyone to push him to it this year, I believe. Great to see him looking so strong again.

But you get the most money placing best, meaning all the events matter - if you can win the deadlift with an easy pull, save the energy for the other events!

Mitch Hooper was so dominant this year, he actually stopped before the finish line on the Dinnie Stone carry - turned to the audience, smiled, THEN crossed. He told the interviewer on stage directly afterwards that he did not come here to place second.

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Mitch is a beast, a one of a kind...
Looking FWD to all the contests in 2024...

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thor was no where near ready. His upper body at about 60% considering pec surgery 10 months ago. By Rouge he will be 80% and probably un-beatable. And by next years Arnolds un-stoppable. He is talking about doing a no suit 505.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thor was no where near ready. His upper body at about 60% considering pec surgery 10 months ago. By Rouge he will be 80% and probably un-beatable. And by next years Arnolds un-stoppable. He is talking about doing a no suit 505.
We can hope!

Mateusz Kieliszkowski taking 2nd was great to see, even if he wasn’t close in points to Mitch. I would be happy to see him finally get an Arnold or WSM win; he really is one of the greatest to never win yet. The Terminator.

I still have belief that Julius Maddox can bench 800 raw. He has been spooling back up and did 740 at the Animal Cage this weekend.

And Zahir has been making a comeback, coming up on a 600lb bench and squatting 1,003 for a double in a belt & knee wraps in training (actually to depth). Looking stronger than ever to break the 275 raw w/ wraps ATWR total.

Quite a time to be alive!

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice. Love the strength sports. Went to the 2019 WSM - wow what a line up to see!

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
We can hope!

Mateusz Kieliszkowski taking 2nd was great to see, even if he wasn’t close in points to Mitch. I would be happy to see him finally get an Arnold or WSM win; he really is one of the greatest to never win yet. The Terminator.

I still have belief that Julius Maddox can bench 800 raw. He has been spooling back up and did 740 at the Animal Cage this weekend.

And Zahir has been making a comeback, coming up on a 600lb bench and squatting 1,003 for a double in a belt & knee wraps in training (actually to depth). Looking stronger than ever to break the 275 raw w/ wraps ATWR total.

Quite a time to be alive!
Im a big Mateusz fan. Love to see him do well... IF he had a deadlift like the others, he would be hard to top.
(Except for Mitch maybe)