Grass Feed Desiccated Beef Thyroid - Helpful for fat loss?

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was looking at buying some armour thyroid for my cycle, but the price is really high. I found this product by a company called Ancestral Supplemenst. It has

Grass Fed Thyroid (Bovine) 30MG
Grass Fed Liver (Bovine) 470MG

What do you think? Worth the time? I just emailed the owner and asked him how much T3/T4 was in each capsule. He might not know or want to say though.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was looking at buying some armour thyroid for my cycle, but the price is really high. I found this product by a company called Ancestral Supplemenst. It has

Grass Fed Thyroid (Bovine) 30MG
Grass Fed Liver (Bovine) 470MG

What do you think? Worth the time? I just emailed the owner and asked him how much T3/T4 was in each capsule. He might not know or want to say though.
He should know the break down or I definitely wouldn’t buy it from them. I am currently prescribed a desiccated thyroid medication....I can’t say that it will help you loose weight, as I have not but it’s definitely more balanced than simply taking t4 and safer than t3. For 30mg you will likely be looking at about 4mcg of t3 and 10-20mcg of t4

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I looked up the amount of thyroid in armour thyroid and it has the following:

They provide 38 mcg levothyroxine (T4) and 9 mcg liothyronine (T3) per grain of thyroid.

So, that's a no go for fat loss.

I did get a response from the owner, and this is what he said.

Ancestral Supplements
5:47 AM (15 hours ago)

to me

Hey XXXXXX,

Thank you for your email and the opportunity to help.

Our Beef Thyroid (w/ Liver) is not a standardized USP extract with exact amounts of T3 and T4 only, but rather our product provides the entire thyroid glandular inclusive of T1, T2, T3, T4, parathyroid and calcitonin. This provides deep nourishment to balance, support and strengthen our own thyroid as well as nourish thyroid receptors at the cellular level. Unfortunately, there's not a clean conversion and this process is highly individualized.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I'm always here to help in any way I can.

Brian Johnson, Owner
Ancestral Supplements

We are descendants of the sole surviving species of genus Homo (the baddest mammalian predators that ever lived)... encoded in our DNA is the potential to reclaim our strength, health and happiness by "putting back in, what the modern world left out." See the (5) fundamental foods here.