GPLC/PLCAR anyone use this?

Stanfoo

Awards
What effects it have on you? Just pumps or anything else?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes, great for pumps, great for emotional uplift and pro-erectile.

It is rather difficult to find, and that is a shame. I used to buy it in bulk, in the old days. And, I would again, in a heartbeat.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
GPLC is a branded version and very expensive.

We used to make a PLCAR product but it really didn't sell well for us. A lot of people that used it really liked it, but overall it didn't sell enough for us to be able to keep making it.

We looked into GPLC but since PLCAR didn't sell well for us, we never went forward with it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
GPLC is a branded version and very expensive.

We used to make a PLCAR product but it really didn't sell well for us. A lot of people that used it really liked it, but overall it didn't sell enough for us to be able to keep making it.

We looked into GPLC but since PLCAR didn't sell well for us, we never went forward with it.
would much rather use regular l-carnitine than pay the kind of money they are asking for GPLC....if you decide to sell plcar again i will help pimp it to keep sales going, it's very hard to find a reliable source at a decent price-just be using good ole l-carnitine.

there was a article that i read years ago touting the benefit of plcar/alcar combo which is odd because most info says mixing carnitines is detrimental???

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
would much rather use regular l-carnitine than pay the kind of money they are asking for GPLC....if you decide to sell plcar again i will help pimp it to keep sales going, it's very hard to find a reliable source at a decent price-just be using good ole l-carnitine.

there was a article that i read years ago touting the benefit of plcar/alcar combo which is odd because most info says mixing carnitines is detrimental???
I disagree that mixing carnitines is detrimental. We've been asked for years to do a multi carnitine product and most of the carnitine based fat burners use multiple sources. I think you may find the source at the root of that to be back when that company had the patent on LCLT and they did everything they could to promote theirs.

I could see the idea in mixing ALCAR & PLCAR - it could have a premise or it could've just been a sales pitch to use less PLCAR because running PLCAR on equipment is a nightmare because it gunks everything up.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I disagree that mixing carnitines is detrimental. We've been asked for years to do a multi carnitine product and most of the carnitine based fat burners use multiple sources. I think you may find the source at the root of that to be back when that company had the patent on LCLT and they did everything they could to promote theirs.

I could see the idea in mixing ALCAR & PLCAR - it could have a premise or it could've just been a sales pitch to use less PLCAR because running PLCAR on equipment is a nightmare because it gunks everything up.
no, i think the articles on benefits of alcar/plcar were legit...one was for help with peyronie's disease. there was also a article on erection quality.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
no, i think the articles on benefits of alcar/plcar were legit...one was for help with peyronie's disease. there was also a article on erection quality.
You're saying articles on different types being taken together being detrimental? I want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly. There are definitely specific types that are better for specific things, but I don't see any actual detriment to taking different types together; I'm speaking in general terms, not condition specific.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You're saying articles on different types being taken together being detrimental? I want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly. There are definitely specific types that are better for specific things, but I don't see any actual detriment to taking different types together; I'm speaking in general terms, not condition specific.
sorry, i can see where i was going in direction that might be confusing....i was saying that there is a lot of info out there saying that mixing carnitines is detrimental--but if you dig deeper you can find info refuting this.

i am with you, i often mix l-carnitine and alcar, but would prefer to mix alcar and plcar if i had a reliable and quality source like SNS.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
sorry, i can see where i was going in direction that might be confusing....i was saying that there is a lot of info out there saying that mixing carnitines is detrimental--but if you dig deeper you can find info refuting this.

i am with you, i often mix l-carnitine and alcar, but would prefer to mix alcar and plcar if i had a reliable and quality source like SNS.
Thanks for clarifying. I was totally confused. What I was saying is that when the company that used to have the patent for LCLT was promoting it hard, they always pushed the story about not mixing carnitines because they were trying to sell theirs.

And to you initial post, I was saying that I disagreed with it being detrimental to mix carnitine sources; and it seemed like you were saying it was negative to. I see now that we both agree that it is fine to mix carnitine sources.

I wish we could do a PLCAR again but the problem is the way it is so messy on the manufacturing equipment, no one wants to do a small run and I understand why. But it didn't sell well enough for us to do a large run on. I had thought about doing an LCLT, ALCAR, and PLCAR mixed product or an ALCAR/PLCAR blend if there was enough interest.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for clarifying. I was totally confused. What I was saying is that when the company that used to have the patent for LCLT was promoting it hard, they always pushed the story about not mixing carnitines because they were trying to sell theirs.

And to you initial post, I was saying that I disagreed with it being detrimental to mix carnitine sources; and it seemed like you were saying it was negative to. I see now that we both agree that it is fine to mix carnitine sources.

I wish we could do a PLCAR again but the problem is the way it is so messy on the manufacturing equipment, no one wants to do a small run and I understand why. But it didn't sell well enough for us to do a large run on. I had thought about doing an LCLT, ALCAR, and PLCAR mixed product or an ALCAR/PLCAR blend if there was enough interest.
a blend would be great as far as i'm concerned....the benefits of carnitines are enormous!!!

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
From the bigger brands, I believe Jarrow still carries a capped GPLC product.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
From the bigger brands, I believe Jarrow still carries a capped GPLC product.
i haven't checked lately but in the past i've found glpc products to be underdosed and overpriced-eh?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Using 6g of l carnitine l Tartrate seems to yield the same vascularity for me as GPLC, or even better when I did try it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Using 6g of l carnitine l Tartrate seems to yield the same vascularity for me as GPLC, or even better when I did try it.
there used to be a product that had a combination of carnitines-alcar/plcar/tartrate/fumarate...but it was underdosed and overpriced, imo....although looking back maybe it might have been worth a try? i think it might have been beverly brand?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Some people get great results from high dose LCLT.

I can't dose LCLT that high - anything over 3 grams on it gives me a headache.

offredjo

Awards
  • First Up Vote
GlycoCarn® was the best for sick pumps! I used to dose 4.5 grams (the recommended clinical dosage) and the vascularity was insane. @sns8778 if you release this one day, I would definitely buy it. Only Labrada Nutrition, Jarrow's formula, and NGN GlyoCarn GPLC used to carry it as a single ingredient. Now its almost impossible to find!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
GlycoCarn® was the best for sick pumps! I used to dose 4.5 grams (the recommended clinical dosage) and the vascularity was insane. @sns8778 if you release this one day, I would definitely buy it. Only Labrada Nutrition, Jarrow's formula, and NGN GlyoCarn GPLC used to carry it as a single ingredient. Now its almost impossible to find!
I looked at it years ago but it was so expensive and we had never really been asked for it. Maybe a couple times back then but literally haven't been asked for it a single time in probably 3+ years. If enough people are interested, I would be open to it.

offredjo

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I looked at it years ago but it was so expensive and we had never really been asked for it. Maybe a couple times back then but literally haven't been asked for it a single time in probably 3+ years. If enough people are interested, I would be open to it.
I think it never really took off because no one was dosing it at 4.5 grams. If people tried it at 4.5 grams, they would be amazed at the effects it produces.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Some people get great results from high dose LCLT.

I can't dose LCLT that high - anything over 3 grams on it gives me a headache.
I had some sides like that for almost a couple weeks. The sides subsided after that.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I had some sides like that for almost a couple weeks. The sides subsided after that.
That's good to know. I was hoping mine would but they got worse; to where the headaches were almost constant and not around the dosing time.

Leakydelts

Leakydelts

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I really thought I was experiencing something from all of these exotic (and expensive) carnitine types. Then I injected a little plain old L-Carnitine and I realized I really had never experienced what Carnitine can do at all.

I highly recommend utilizing injectable Carnitine, it's simple, painless and an absolute game changer.

Stanfoo

Awards
I really thought I was experiencing something from all of these exotic (and expensive) carnitine types. Then I injected a little plain old L-Carnitine and I realized I really had never experienced what Carnitine can do at all.

I highly recommend utilizing injectable Carnitine, it's simple, painless and an absolute game changer.
Care to elaborate on the effects it had on you?

kwinslow

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yes, great for pumps, great for emotional uplift and pro-erectile.

It is rather difficult to find, and that is a shame. I used to buy it in bulk, in the old days. And, I would again, in a heartbeat.
Evomuse PLCAR was awesome. Energizing and endurance for days.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Care to elaborate on the effects it had on you?
Since high dosed oral Carnitine is comparable. High vascularity all day. Consume more carbs with less or no fat accumulation; obviously also depends on how high of a surplus you are in. Better glycogen storage. Better insulin sensitivity. Better endurance in the gym. Fat comes off easier. I'm taking 6g LCLT daily, and am liking it. Injectable you reach saturation in the muscle very quickly. Orally, even high dosed, it can take up to 100 days.

Pl4typu5

Pl4typu5

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Regarding the injectable, is lclt what’s used to homebrew?